What's new

Musharaf handed over death sentence

Gen Musharraf did high treason "as per court" got death sentence but what about Nawaz Sharief a convicted criminal now enjoying good time in London?

Case against Gen Bajwa extension and now sentencing and ailing patriot rtd General tell us how much $$$$ judiciary getting from outside.....
Happy day for Indian. There twitter is celebrating .. fvck all judges ....

Start from yahya, ayoub and hang them one by one including their friends..

And all the crimes of NS and Zardari , they should get going on and on ? .

And see this is the problem with people these days; NS and Zardari have absolutely destroyed this country. They are indirectly responsible for the death of thousands of little babies, women, adults who could not afford health care because the money for health care was stolen by these two monsters. But not only these two bast.ards are kept in a hotel like jail, they are released to go overseas.

To me there is absolutely no doubt that this can only happen for two reasons; 1)The Military and its agencies are incapable of tacking this because these people are TOO powerful, even more powerful then the Military OR (2) The Military and its agencies are part of this network themselves. I personally believe it is the 2nd Option.

Do you know there was Ambassadors meeting chaired by COAS and Nawaz , about Kargil operation briefing. ? . American intervene when Indian PM ask Clinton to resolve this issue. India was already lost the game.
This case is not about martial law or kargil war but about 2007 emergency
His crime is he acted against these same lawyers who attacked hospital and the judges who allowed Nawaz to leave the country

the kind of Stance judiciary has taken recently is scary, somehow it feels they are projecting that they have distanced from military.

Now all the so-called ‘prOgREssiVe, SEcuLaR, MaRXiST” freaks on twitter are going “these generals should know their place. SCUMS...

the kind of Stance judiciary has taken recently is scary, somehow it feels they are projecting that they have distanced from military.
Exactly, it’s not about musharraf, it’s about the wannabe ALMIGHTY COURTS attitude of these Black Gowns,
If Pakistani nation has even small amount of ‘GHAIRAT’ , they must come out to protest against the recent doctor lawyer drama and how it affected innocent patients leading to their death. Judiciary is not giving an eye to their own freaks

Do you know there was Ambassadors meeting chaired by COAS and Nawaz , about Kargil operation briefing. ? . That was feed by our media. American intervene when Indian PM ask Clinton to resolve in this issue. India was already lost the game.

I’m sorry but respectfully, you’ve been completely misinformed. As has a vast part of the Pakistan on this matter. Kargil was a brilliant success in early months after winter, but when Indians began moving bofors, large volume of troops, and Mirage-2000s began striking, we had no response. We had no preparation. Armed forces had to still deny that these were our men. They fought like lions but Musharraf & Co’s incompetence let them down.

As for the briefing of the PM, I believe it happened as a part of a routine meeting in Jan or maybe Feb of 1999. Infiltration was ongoing at this time, and sometime after the meeting, it was scaled up when we saw more opportunity to capture more unmanned positions. In the maps Musharraf used to display and brief the PM, the LoC was not marked. And the full gravity of what could and did happen was not mentioned nor prepared for. NS’ foolishness too for not properly enquiring the true nature of what was being done.

Which is why by summer, army and civilian leaders were all caught with their pants down and had to make a run for Washington.

To this day we’ve never had a public inquiry in to Kargil. Buried by Musharraf to save his reputation, and by subsequent chiefs. Had one have taken place in 1999 or 2000. Musharraf would have faced court martial for certain.

Certain generals at the time were furious at Musharraf and his ilk, and they still were bitter for years after

Special court hands death penalty to Pervez Musharraf in high treason case

Listen

This content is currently unavailable

00:08

00:11

A special court hearing the high treason case against former president General (retd) Pervez Musharraf on Tuesday handed the former ruler a death sentence under Article 6 of the Constitution of Pakistan.

The case was heard by a special bench comprising Justice Waqar Ahmad Seth of the Peshawar High Court, Justice Shahid Karim of the Lahore High Court and Justice Nazar Akbar of the Sindh High Court. The bench was formed on the orders of the Supreme Court.

The court, in its short order said it had analysed complaints, records, arguments and facts in the case for three months. The court added it had found Musharraf guilty of high treason according to Article 6 of the Constitution of Pakistan for imposing a state of emergency on November 03, 2007.

It was a majority verdict, with two of the three judges giving the decision against Musharraf. SHC's Justice Akbar had dissented from the verdict.

Justice Seth added a detailed verdict will be issued later.

Earlier, the special court hearing the high treason case against the former president had said it would announce the verdict on December 17 even if arguments of both sides were not completed by then.

It is pertinent to mention here the special court on November 19 had said the verdict in the case would be announced on November 28, before the Islamabad High Court (IHC) barred it from doing so.

High treason case

The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) government had filed the treason case against Musharraf over the former dictator's imposition of extra-constitutional emergency in November 2007.

Head of the prosecution, Mohammad Akram Sheikh had tendered his resignation. In his resignation letter sent to the interior secretary, Sheikh expressed his inability to proceed with the case after the imminent change of government at the centre.

Sheikh was appointed as the head of the prosecution in the case in November 2013, by the then-PML-N led government.

The former army chief was indicted in the case in March 2014 after he appeared before the court. He had rejected all the charges.

On March 18, 2016, the former president left Pakistan for Dubai for medical treatment after his name was removed from the exit control list on the orders of the Supreme Court.

A few months later, the special court had declared him a proclaimed offender and ordered the confiscation of his property owing to his continuous inability to appear.

Later, his passport and identity card were also cancelled on the orders of the apex court.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/5...alty-to-pervez-musharraf-in-high-treason-case

The problem is how shall Musharaf challenge the decision.

To challenge the decision culprit needs to be present.

I am from Gilgit-Baltistan i know many who fought in kargil i know many who lost their lives there .. I know they fought till their last breath
I know that both the state and the army abandoned them . i dont need someone else to lecture me on how kargil went for the soldiers on the front line ..

What matters is, in the end we won..
nothing else matters..

we got point 5353..Operation Vijay failed..We can pull of another kargil anytime we want which was unthinkable the first time.

A soldiers life is for his nation, thats what he inscripted to do.
Abandoned? Do you know what they pulled of was a daredevil act.Many fought in civilian clothes who told back home they wouldn't return..
The withdrawal act was signed on July 4th and everyone whoever survived by then was recovered.The supply line was incoherent, irregular and the weather was bad still it was achieved however possible.

two wrongs cant make a right, judiciary was wrong in giving legal protection to Musharraf 1999 onwards and they are probably wrong again today.

Back
Top Bottom