What's new

Mumbai utterly disappoints.

I had expectations and I was in awe about Mumbai due to two reasons. I have fond memories of growing up in Mumbai. In childhood, you don't have sense of quality. Moreover nostalgia distorts memory. Secondly, I had heard stories of Mumbai, implying greatness of the city. The tall claims included description like financial capital of the country, the city that never sleeps, fast-paced and efficient work culture, low cost of living, people having sharp intelligence, etcetera. Now I have seen the city after attaining maturity and I know that except the tag of financial capital, the perception of awesomeness of Mumbai is all bullshit.

How I wished the above cited stories were true. But to my dismay the actuality of Mumbai is as follows:

People, especially women (both locals as well as many immigrant settlers of that city) are ugly. The food there doesn't taste good. The prices of anything and everything in Mumbai is same as in Mysore or Bangalore. The people's IQ is pretty average. People are scary. Most are either corrupt or outright criminal minded and some are blood-thirsty demons. People's body language is obnoxious.

63106_365320410225260_1190279815_n_zps6b3130f6.jpg
avd.gif

I live here and having lived in various parts of the world, the areas you mentioned - Ulhasnagar and Dombivali - they don't even come in the Island City. Bombay's biggest pain is its traffic. But it is laughable to even compute the areas you mentioned as being in Bombay.

mumbai is not beautiful city.. there is some sort of skyline but its an island where every Indian trying to get into...
its a city to make money.. its ruthless... I would not call women in mumbai ugly though(by Indian standard)... marathi women are good looking plus it has women from all over India, some good looking and some ugly...
about food, it is neither good nor bad... as a city you got a lot of choice of cuisine.. am not a fan of marathi food but mumbai has every type of food to offer...
mumbai people are straight talking to the point of being rude but you wont be harmed physically.. its safer compared to delhi.

WTH is this guy on about? if he had been away from Mumbai only for the past 10 years or so, he must really have known where to go and where not to in Mumbai for food or shopping or entertainment or anything else. As to women being ugly, that is plain stupid - why would any good looking woman give ye of ugly women, a second look.

Likely a case of expectations - thinking a NRI income will take them places in Mumbai and finding most 'normal' NRIs cannot actually afford Mumbai

Contrary to what people think - a full on premium traditional fish 'an chips (haddock preferred) cooked by master fryer using the original recipe with zest of lemon will on a cold wintry day hold itself against whatever the world can offer - yeh I mean all those unpronounceable French sounding dishes over priced with emphasis to please the eyes then the palate.

No offence to @Vergennes

@Desertfalcon Not sure a Yank should be opening this 'can' - when yeh guy's contribution to the culinary heritage of the world is Big Mac .....:D

Where in Pakistan were these beautiful women at?

Where in Pakistan were these beautiful women at?
There was no specific place. I have travelled by road from Islamabad west to Peshawar, north to Manshera, Muzaffarabad, south to Murree back To Islamabad. East to Jhelum, and on to Lahore. And of course most of Attock and Hazara region. A chance look, a random fleeting capture, in just normal rural or small towns were some remarkably beautiful females made more alluring by their modesty and shyness. No make up or decoration whatsoever. I have not had a chance drive in central or south Pakistan as I have no connections there.

And in Pakistan as you know you rely on family/connections for everything including safety.

I live here for last 15 years . And I love this city . I have been met thousands peoples in Mumbai those who born and live here. Still I'm searching a person who don't like Mumbai and I have found it on PDF. But I m really having doubt that you born and lived here. I think you just have gone through a bad experience here.

There was one silver lining. Unlike the North Indians, the Mumbaikars seemed to bathe daily and looked hygienic. It could be because of the benign climate. Even during heights of winter, hot water from geyser or water heater is not needed. You can comfortably bath in the ordinary tap water.

There was no specific place. I have travelled by road from Islamabad west to Peshawar, north to Manshera, Muzaffarabad, south to Murree back To Islamabad. East to Jhelum, and on to Lahore. And of course most of Attock and Hazara region. A chance look, a random fleeting capture, in just normal rural or small towns were some remarkably beautiful females made more alluring by their modesty and shyness. No make up or decoration whatsoever. I have not had a chance drive in central or south Pakistan as I have no connections there.

And in Pakistan as you know you rely on family/connections for everything including safety.
That's not good at all. What's the use of beauty if the women are not open-minded and liberal like Western women? I would rather prefer an open society with mediocre looking women than beautiful women who is unwilling to be liberal.

I just stumbled upon this thread. At best, it's laughworthy barring this single post that tells it like it is...
What is exciting about Mumbai is its pace. But its exciting only if you you move at that pace.

Otherwise if you choose to sit by the foot path and watch the world go past, you will naturally feel bitter and sad.

Its a place for people to work hard and party harder. Its a place to experiment and change and evolve. You can do that because nobody in Mumbai will care to interfere and poke their nose into your affair unlike other cities.

In Mumbai you can be what you choose to be without any social barriers and pressures.

That is the real beauty of Mumbai, but if you continue to hide in your burqa then Mumbai is no different from karjat. Might as well stay in karjat.

The real prison is the mind and Mumbai sets your mind free.

Thumbs up

I have heard Mumbai has one of the highest incidences of old age abuse. I surmised it by watching some television programme where they said Mumbai's old age homes are fully occupied and crowded. This is also corroborated by the realistic scenes in the movie 'Lage Raho Munna Bhai'.

Last edited:
There was one silver lining. Unlike the North Indians, the Mumbaikars seemed to bathe daily and looked hygienic. It could be because of the benign climate. Even during heights of winter, hot water from geyser or water heater is not needed. You can comfortably bath in the ordinary tap water.

When did u have a mental checkup recently ?
Or do you have some magical Powers , may be access to some invisible CCTVs in their Bathrooms ?

PS : Please do tell me how were you able to measure the IQ levels of the Mumbaikars ?

Hi,

Pakistani food here at Gul Naz restaurant in COLTON california is much much better & authentic than most of high quality pakistani restaurants---.

In my last 2 visits to Lahore and Multan---I ate at multiple restaurants---Gul Naz would outdo them hands down.

I had expectations and I was in awe about Mumbai due to two reasons. I have fond memories of growing up in Mumbai. In childhood, you don't have sense of quality. Moreover nostalgia distorts memory. Secondly, I had heard stories of Mumbai, implying greatness of the city. The tall claims included description like financial capital of the country, the city that never sleeps, fast-paced and efficient work culture, low cost of living, people having sharp intelligence, etcetera. Now I have seen the city after attaining maturity and I know that except the tag of financial capital, the perception of awesomeness of Mumbai is all bullshit.

How I wished the above cited stories were true. But to my dismay the actuality of Mumbai is as follows:

People, especially women (both locals as well as many immigrant settlers of that city) are ugly. The food there doesn't taste good. The prices of anything and everything in Mumbai is same as in Mysore or Bangalore. The people's IQ is pretty average. People are scary. Most are either corrupt or outright criminal minded and some are blood-thirsty demons. People's body language is obnoxious.

63106_365320410225260_1190279815_n_zps6b3130f6.jpg
@Shajida Khan

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom