What's new

Mumbai utterly disappoints.

The ugly people included the Sindhi community (descendants of Sindhi partition refugees).
Well if you pour a drop of milk into dirty pool of water the milk becomes adulterated - in fact there is no trace of milk visible. So all I can do is feel sorry for these people.

A few million into 1.25 billion can only lead to the inevitable. Extend my apologies to them ......

Well if you pour a drop of milk into dirty pool of water the milk becomes adulterated - in fact there is no trace of milk visible. So all I can do is feel sorry for these people.

A few million into 1.25 billion can only lead to the inevitable. Extend my apologies to them ......
For your information, their parents or grandparents didn't marry into local community. Their lineage is pure Sindhi.

You know I felt exactly the same thing about Pakistan on a visit there - except there were many pretty women and food was better than UK, indeed it was awesome.
Please respond to this question. Which region of Pakistan were you talking about? Karachi or Northern Pakistan?

I think you just took a tour of Dharavi and came back :lol:
Try Dadar, Bandra, or Powai next time IF you can afford.
Its pretty obvious he grew up in kasara or karjat and visited Dharavi. :P

Mumbai is beautiful only for those who can afford its beauty. Its certainly not a place for the poor.
ThankYou!

I have visited Mumbai for just 2 months and it grew into me, I felt like I am a part of this amazing city even though I lived there for just 2 Months. I went to most of the nightclubs in Bandra, and went to happening places like carter road and found hawt stylish people. No wonder it is a land of Bollywood and our fashion industries.

Arre bhayya aap ghoom ke aoge slums to kahase dikhegi Aishwarya Rai :lol:
True. I found Mumbai to be liberating. There is something about Mumbai that other cities don't have. I fell in love with this city and can't wait to go back again.

Your own standards must be low. Hence you don't understand the Original Post.

And prices of anything in a city is a significant indicator about that city. Low prices are an indication of greatness of that city. Low cost of living means the city's people are industrious and it (the people's industriousness) causes the goods and services to be available at cheap rates.

Last edited:
After the Mumbai visit I developed a dislike for the songs I loved before because those songs were made there.

Last edited:
Meanwhile someone concurred:

hardcore112;69824488 said:
Im on my first visit to mumbai..being shown the place around by my friends.. while i agree with you on the food that its not as great compared to a lot of the other places i have been and not to mention the price is nowhere near what the quality of the food should dictate..Other than that so far ive seen a whole range of women from super ugly to super gorgeous.. the night life is awesome.. the same as what i saw in bangalore if not better..the rest of what you said is common for most parts of india..not that all people are corrupt and blood thirsty demons..lol..but they are always looking for a way to make some quick bucks..though on the whole with the right group of friends you can have an amazing time in mumbai..

except there were many pretty women and food was better than UK, indeed it was awesome.
Can't trust this post unless one gets to see firsthand ground realities of Pakistan. Who knows? Mumbaikars too say their city's women are beautiful. Mumbaikars too say their city's food is delicious.

Can Mumbai boast of Calcutta like greatness? Big cities produce great technical geniuses. Calcutta has produced some and is closely associated with some scientists like Jagdish Chandra Bose, Satyendra Bose, Meghnad Saha, Prafulla Chandra Ray, Amar Gopal Bose, Amal Kumar Raychaudhuri etcetera. Now, pray someone tell me. Of whom can 'Mumbai' be proud of?

You know I felt exactly the same thing about Pakistan on a visit there - except there were many pretty women and food was better than UK, indeed it was awesome.

Ditto. The food was amazing where ever I went; people's houses or restaurants. Without doubt people eat better in Pakistan than the UK.

People, especially women (both locals as well as many immigrant settlers of that city) are ugly. The food there doesn't taste good. The people's IQ is pretty average. People's body language is obnoxious.
Did you feel like this group? Asking this question because in Mumbai there are large numbers of Gujaratis and this group too was primarily concerned with Gujaratis. Did you feel same as what they felt?

In July 1987, they (this group) had a letter published in the Jersey Journal stating that they would take any means necessary to drive the Indians (read Gujaratis) out of Jersey City:

"I'm writing about your article during July about the abuse of Indian People (read Gujaratis). Well I'm here to state the other side. I hate them, if you had to live near them you would also. We are an organization called the Dotbusters. We have been around for 2 years. We will go to any extreme to get Indians (read Gujaratis) to move out of Jersey City. If I'm walking down the street and I see a Hindu (read Gujaratis) and the setting is right, I will hit him or her. We plan some of our most extreme attacks such as breaking windows, breaking car windows, and crashing family parties. We use the phone books and look up the name Patel. Have you seen how many of them there are? Do you even live in Jersey City? Do you walk down Central avenue and experience what its like to be near them: we have and we just don't want it anymore. You said that they will have to start protecting themselves because the police cannot always be there. They will never do anything. They are a weak race physically and mentally. We are going to continue our way. We will never be stopped."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dotbusters

People are scary. Most are either corrupt or outright criminal minded and some are blood-thirsty demons.
Interesting trivia: The latest local trains there produced a new kind of sound which I think was not there when I used to live there. Anyway, it was as if the trains gave appropriate background music for the criminal ambiance of the whole place.

P.S.: You should hear it to appreciate the appropriateness.

Ditto. The food was amazing where ever I went; people's houses or restaurants. Without doubt people eat better in Pakistan than the UK.
Can't trust this post unless one gets to see firsthand ground realities of Pakistan. Who knows? Mumbaikars too say their city's food is delicious.

I had expectations and I was in awe about Mumbai due to two reasons. I have fond memories of growing up in Mumbai. In childhood, you don't have sense of quality. Moreover nostalgia distorts memory. Secondly, I had heard stories of Mumbai, implying greatness of the city. The tall claims included description like financial capital of the country, the city that never sleeps, fast-paced and efficient work culture, low cost of living, people having sharp intelligence, etcetera. Now I have seen the city after attaining maturity and I know that except the tag of financial capital, the perception of awesomeness of Mumbai is all bullshit.

How I wished the above cited stories were true. But to my dismay the actuality of Mumbai is as follows:

People, especially women (both locals as well as many immigrant settlers of that city) are ugly. The food there doesn't taste good. The prices of anything and everything in Mumbai is same as in Mysore or Bangalore. The people's IQ is pretty average. People are scary. Most are either corrupt or outright criminal minded and some are blood-thirsty demons. People's body language is obnoxious.

63106_365320410225260_1190279815_n_zps6b3130f6.jpg
Sometimes-You-Miss-The-Memories-Not-The-Person.jpg

What's common between 1990 movie 'Total Recall' and Mumbai city? Both are full of weirdly deformed and physically repulsive creatures similar to this:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom