What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see when confronted with facts that you resort to dissemblance and distortion.

Care to stay on topic or has the truth overwhelmed your feeble perspectives?:lol:

Such petulant little children.:disagree:

Thanks grandpa!! but i guess you forgot to put on your reading glasses before you read my post - do put them on and read again and to your surprise you will find that i have struck to the facts. goodluck.

and if you still have some problem making sense of the words, i would suggest that you visit the opthamologiost at the earliest.

Right...That mean whenever a USAF Reserve or National Guard pilot become a captain of a United Airlines or SouthWest Airlines airliner, that automatically make the airliner a 'military' aircraft.

Right...That mean the aircraft was 'forced' down.

:lol:

Right...The next time we hear an enemy ordered US to stop bombing, we will obey and admit we were 'forced' to stop bombing.

:lol:

bravo!! and the your description says that you are a military professional.

"to your surprise you will find that i have struck to the facts."

Hey junior,

Which facts did you strike?

The ones you can't understand?:lol:

Gramps took a second look at the original article and your comments and...

...stands by my thoughts about your need for some reading comprehension. Please link where you believe I've missed something but the gist is simple-

a civilian charter carrying 205 passengers including crew and U.S. Marines was directed to land at Mumbai for failing to file the proper transit paperwork.

Plane was, further, held while the pilot re-established his min rest standards.

So?

Gramps is eagerly awaiting your next iteration of tap-dancing...:agree:

"to your surprise you will find that i have struck to the facts."

Hey junior,

Which facts did you strike?

The ones you can't understand?:lol:

Gramps took a second look at the original article and your comments and...

...stands by my thoughts about your need for some reading comprehension. Please link where you believe I've missed something but the gist is simple-

a civilian charter carrying 205 passengers including crew and U.S. Marines was directed to land at Mumbai for failing to file the proper transit paperwork.

So?

Read the first post carefully - "a US aircraft with 205 marine commandoes on board was on sunday made to land at Mumbai airport for alleged violation of Indian airspace". My argument being - the aircraft had uniform military presonnel on board, was being used exclusively for military duty; makes the aircraft a military one and it was supposed to carry a military call sign as opposed to a civilian one. thus it was grounded.

As according to Indian rules the aircraft was supposed to carry a military call sign, signifying that it was a military plane as different from a civilian one.

"Read the first post carefully"

I have junior.

Here is the quote embedded in the post itself-

"A US aircraft with 205 US Marines on board, on its way from Fujiriah to Bangkok, was forced to land in Mumbai while overflying Indian airspace as there was some confusion about its call sign," a Mumbai airport spokesperson said.

and here is the quote taken from the article-

"A US aircraft with 205 passengers, including its crew and US troops on board, was made to land in Mumbai while flying over Indian airspace as there was some confusion about its call sign,"

The aircraft had marines on board but not solely marines and military personnel. It didn't have the documentation required for military personnel. It required both sets of documents to transit Indian airspace.

The quotes were DOCTORED by the individual posting the article as there's a CLEAR difference in the wording of the two quotes.

Chartered, however, means CIVILIAN and manned by a CIVILIAN crew among whoever else on board who may have been civilian.

Ask AIR FORCE PILOT in a P.M. He is both a military pilot and a civilian pilot but it's irrelevant from my perspective as any doctored post indicates an attempt to distort the truth and generate needless controversy.

You and the other fan-boys bit the bait and RAN with it.

Too bad for you but that doesn't change the entirely innocent character of this event despite whatever perverse twist may have been applied to suit a narrow agenda.

Thanks.:usflag:

Guys aren't we reading too much into a more-or-less routine administrative issue? A storm in a tea cup would be an understatement really. Such matters should not be reported in press as they are so trivial that they not news worthy at all. A foreign aircraft traveling in Indian airspace without necessary documentation is requested to land and complete the formalities. The a/c complies with the request. End of story. The last time media reported such an incident involving an Egyptian a/c traveling to China again w/o permits, we saw a similar barrage of needless bravado and counter allegations. Totally pointless.

May be the ground controller just finished folding his paper airplane and threatened to launch them at the direction of this US 'military' aircraft, hence so many here believed the aircraft was 'forced' down.

This could be interpreted as the pilot is suffering from PTSD from being 'forced' down.

37ca683f13fa9b3ef68599523b04685f.gif

Please...Please...No autographs given at this time...Please...

"...we saw a similar barrage of needless bravado and counter allegations. Totally pointless."

Bravado, yes. Needless countering to support the TRUTH? No. Never.

Any soul here- Pakistani, Indian, American or anybody else should take on the responsibility to defend the TRUTH from twisted dissemblance.

I've done so and would do so on behalf of anything as blatantly perverted as what I've illustrated above.

I won't accomodate B.S. nor nonsense that's mean-spirited and intended to promote self-esteem at the expense of the facts.

Great they were landed here and gone back and we are still busy in war of words :disagree: ..There is nothing to argue about..the pilot fail to mention the marines on board the plane so he was asked to land the plain and after completing the procedure they went back..and yea they stayed in a hotel under our security for one night.. end of story..What is there to fight about??..these kind of diplomatical procedure is in every country...

I am seeing some flaming war going on here.
I do think Infanteer, r3alist, rajiv, toxic_pus, gambit, & pmukherji, all have summarized neatly the situation in their earlier posts. :cheers:
Let me add my two cents.

The aircraft was supposed to carry a military call sign, according to rules, which it has failed to comply.
The pertinent point which is emerging from this incident is that, this (flight) practice was going on unhindered for some time, and the americans (or whomsoever aircraft) was getting used to this unhindered free-ride, while flouting relevant rules. This was partly due to the carelessness of Indian authorities sofar, and partly i suspect due to some leftover servile attitude to white skinned sahibs. I am not indicating any institutional disease here, but the Delhi/Superior bosses or the air-command may not be heeding the complaints from the air-traffic monitoring staff and be looking the other way for some time, US being an ally & et all.;)

But ALLY or NOT ALLY, everybody has to comply with international rules, and it is good that the authorities have woken up and have put their foot down, and started enforcing it, especially in the aftermath of Mumbai terror incident.

Having said this, I also agree with "rajiv" that the procedures could be simplified and rules formulated, to remove any un-necessary redtape & hurdles to the americans flightplan, after ensuring that our air-security & strategic objectives are not compromised in any way. After all Indian government is going fullsteam in the path of a strategic alliance & partnership with US. Thank God that the Indian voters have thrown out the leftists/communists from a significant powerful & influential position (disproportionate than their numbers), holding the ManMohanSingh govt to ransom, especially to anything related to improving relations with US . An ally is surely not for creating hurdles & bad-publicity all the way, impacting on the speed and effectiveness of a friendly force, when it is most needed along with utmost stealth & secrecy, are they?:confused: The local media has also played its part in hyping this issue.

Now coming to S-2's comments:- @S-2
I find it both surprising and amusing, that you have taken the trouble to chastise some show of bravado & patriotic-fervor! from some of the Indian peers here.
Surprising because from your many posts, i have judged u to be a mature & rational poster, and not much affected by the disease of vanity.
May be I am wrong about the later part!

If you take up cudgels against such show of bravado, in these very forums, then you will never be in a position to put down your pen sir, and u still will have a long backlog MILES long! I have seen the original post (infact a one-liner) from "Renegade" (#35) was a relatively harmless one, which should have merited atmost a refrain or blind-eye.

Instead your machine guns have gone full BLAST. Sir you are definitely guilty of DISPROPORTIONATE use of force THIS TIME. And I think you got carried away by vanity, and childish petulance, which you so accused him of, when u people where nitpicking lines to & fro.

"...we saw a similar barrage of needless bravado and counter allegations. Totally pointless."
Bravado, yes. Needless countering to support the TRUTH? No. Never.
Any soul here- Pakistani, Indian, American or anybody else should take on the responsibility to defend the TRUTH from twisted dissemblance.
OK. Yes. A good and Noble thought.:tup:
S-2 said:
I've done so and would do so on behalf of anything as blatantly perverted as what I've illustrated above..
I won't accommodate B.S. nor nonsense that's mean-spirited and intended to promote self-esteem at the expense of the facts.
:what: Blatantly perverted?! What, irked by Renegade's braggish comment on force landing US plane on India-Soil, when rules are not followed? Blatantly perverted!!! So much so for facts & perspective!.
And in every such instance you react SO unfailingly? OH NO........
To put it mildly, your above statement reeks of hypocrisy, which I find surprising coming from you!
Hey This forum is awash with such posts most of the times, even with some effort from the moderators. And of much higher grade than that from "Renegade"'s post. Only difference is that in those cases it was mostly from the members of host nation. So come down from your high horse.
Won't a more accurate depicition would be:
"I wont accommodate B.S & nonsense .....:blah::blah: ...., based on my current mood & how much they succeed in irritating me on a given day!"

regards
& sorry for being harsh towards the end of my post. Could'nt feel like leaving you unscathed:)

6643a05c31e83ea128c5819bc975175a.jpg

This is a brahma vishnu shiva rakhis, and to me it looks a lot like, the guy wearing it.:bounce:

As they say, you see what you want to see. As the Zaid Hamid has put a cataract on your eyes, you will believe what all you want to believe.

Move on Dude. Kesab is Pakistani and its proved and accepted by your govt.

Hello all,
I am a long time reader, first time poster(ever, in any forum).
It is certainly possible that the government of Pakistan and its functionaries were not directly handling the terrorists of LET, but they are responsible for forming LET and permitting this attack to be planned and launched in Pakistan.
Please follow this link and see all 5 parts of the unbiased Channel 4 documentary.
My intention is not to blame all Pakistanis or anything like that, I just hope that reasonable folks will accept facts and not deny any Pak connection with this attack. I even read somebody say some posts earlier that Ajmal spoke in chaste Hindi:eek: See for yourselves.

truthtube.tv/play.php?vid=2394

Force One commandos set to guard Mumbai

MUMBAI: Nearly a year after 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, the city gets its first batch of Force One commandos, an elite force formed on the lines of National Security Guards (NSG) for the state security.

"The city would have its own elite force, as the first batch of the Force One has been trained and soon they will become operational," Additional Chief Secretary (Home) Chandra Iyengar said.

Over 1,600 young policemen from the state had expressed their willingness to join the Force and were given rigorous training by Israeli and German trainers, Iyengar said.

The State Government has alloted land at Goregaon in western suburbs to the Force for training and easy access in emergency situation, she said.

The Home Department has also focused on upgradation of police force, coastal security, strengthening Intelligence and participation of local people in security.

Police Department has been provided with new weapons, vehicles and technologies, which would make them alert in case of any emergency situation, Iyengar said.

"Police personnel have been trained in such a way that they respond to any situation," she said.

The information would first go to the local police station and then a Quick Response Team (QRT) would deal with the situation and later, Force One would take charge.

The QRT is trained in such a way that it would reach a place within 20 minutes. It has also been provided bullet proof jackets and armed vehicles, Iyengar said.

For the coastal security, the Government has provided high speed boats for patrolling and 'Sagar Suraksha Dal', a group of local fishermen, has been formed to collect information.

"The fishermen have been provided mobile phones and SIM cards to keep coastal security and police updated if they notice something suspicious," she said, adding, about 40,000 fishermen have received identity cards from the Government.

The Intelligence structure has been streamlined and strengthened with recruitment of new people and giving them training, she said.

The department will soon submit a report on the work done to beef up security, a year after the terror attacks, to Chief Minister Ashok Chavan.

"Lot of work has been done in the year and we are compiling the report to submit it to the chief minister. We would also make it public, as people should know what the department has done," she said.

Force One commandos set to guard Mumbai - Mumbai - City - The Times of India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom