What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh GOD save the poor indian people from poverty and hunger ( amen )

Oh GOD, we also need to save innocent people from these terrorist also. (Amen)!!!

Finally, India is taking the right steps, I would like them to increase it even further to 3% of GDP. I hope to see that next year.

Oh GOD, we also need to save innocent people from these terrorist also. (Amen)!!!

Finally, India is taking the right steps, I would like them to increase it even further to 3% of GDP. I hope to see that next year.

I hope so too, they should increase to 3% ASAP. But they have to start spending that money too, there was lot of money from prvious budget that was never spend to due to red tapism

India can be a very strange country at times.

I for one am astonished that hundreds of millions of dollars goes back to treasury each year because the Armed forces did not spend this.

Yet we have crumbling MIG21s no aircraft carriers and need over 1000 mobile artillary peices.

35% increase is an increase of nearly $9 billion dollars

ie from $27 billion last year to £36 billion this year

India GDP is around $1.2 trillion so we are now spending 3% on defense

All the money is most likely go towards MRCA, and other in development projects which have been in the stalled/planing mode for years. This is nothing to be threatened about as far as Pakistan is concerned.

We need to read this news together with this headline.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...indias-top-defense-supplier-phalcon-deal.html

so,what were we talking about mumbai attacks?a special group of soldiers,a gang in goverment and army who intented to coup and establish a new goverment.
they asked support from israel,and israel asked a favour from them as a clause.what was it?the new goverment was going to be politically close to israel.
This is a dirty game,they wanna add india to the so called war against taliban.their real intention is to change political situation of east bastion of islamic world.they know very well that they need to break pakistan iran and turkish ring if they wanna success Big middle east project.
it is strange that this project died with the common efforts of iran and turkey.but they still insist on it...
there are secret societies in indian goverment who cooporate with israel.we need to question this as we speak about the increased defence budget of india...indians should act clever and give up purchasing weapons from israel.
best regards
Kansu

All the money is most likely go towards MRCA, and other in development projects which have been in the stalled/planing mode for years. This is nothing to be threatened about as far as Pakistan is concerned.

I disagree, the increase in the defense budget is regarding the new Homeland security agency that India is pondering upon, which is fine with me since the security of India against these terrorist is a paramount.

We need to read this news together with this headline.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...indias-top-defense-supplier-phalcon-deal.html

so,what were we talking about mumbai attacks?a special group of soldiers,a gang in goverment and army who intented to coup and establish a new goverment.
they asked support from israel,and israel asked a favour from them as a clause.what was it?the new goverment was going to be politically close to israel.
This is a dirty game,they wanna add india to the so called war against taliban.their real intention is to change political situation of east bastion of islamic world.they know very well that they need to break pakistan iran and turkish ring if they wanna success Big middle east project.
it is strange that this project died with the common efforts of iran and turkey.but they still insist on it...
there are secret societies in indian goverment who cooporate with israel.we need to question this as we speak about the increased defence budget of india...indians should act clever and give up purchasing weapons from israel.
best regards
Kansu

So what is the problem with Israel cooperating with India? That doesnt mean India will approve all of Israel's policies. Remember India was the one who started the Non Alignment Movement, in the cold war era. India has a very well thought foreign poilcy. Much comes from the diversity of the Indian electorate.

You know the greatthing is despite of the global meltdown, India still has enough cash to increase it spending by 35%. During the times when demand is less, India can get a good bargain. Companies/ countries will be itching several multi-billion dollar contracts, which inturn will make India urge for ToT, and other things.

We hope the same brother.we hope india and pakistan dont fight again.because in that region,even if my friends will disagree with me,pakistan and india should cooperate.these 2 countries doesnt have friends acting in that region than themselves.israel or usa or china cant be an ally for both of these countries.
if we wanna fight despite of this truth,first we need to balance the players from the other sides of the field.after providing this balance,india and pakistan can settle accounts without any interference by the out of game players :)
if pakistan falls today,india will be the one who will suffer most in that region.if india falls,pakistan wont face with a better circumstance than now.
thats why,it is important to keep peace and stability in sub-continent.
May peace be with you
Kansu

India raises its military budget by 35%

So, Now India saves so many jobs in weapons industry...in this recession period...:cheers:

most of the increased budget is going to the increased salary of the military personal.

Lot of that might be in account of delayed modernisation and increased paypackage. India needs to rise the defence budget by 10% a year and then fall back to to the conservative 3%, if it wants to seriously counter China.

I am sorry..My friend...But I think India should not counter china in defence spending...Instead India should counter china in Infrastructure spending to develop economy. From my own experience I can say infrastructure even in Indian cities is nothing compare to chinese cities.

By the way....I could not find any info. about infrastructure spending in budget news...can anybody post..???

PS: I am sorry to go somewhat off topic.

India hikes defence budget by 55 percent

NEW DELHI: India on Monday presented a Rs 9,532.31 billion expenditure interim budget for fiscal year 2009-10, showing a massive hike of over 55 percent to the defence budget.

Citing the security crisis resulting from the Mumbai terror attacks, External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee, who also holds the finance portfolio, presented a new defence budget of Rs 1,417.03 billion. Last year, New Delhi had a projected defence expenditure of Rs 916.81 billion, which Defence Ministry sources said was overshot to hit Rs 1,146 billion. Compared to the revised 2008-09 budget, the interim budget has been increased by 24 percent. The new sum comprises 15 percent of the entire budget and Mukherjee said the amount could be increased if necessary, AFP reported. iftikhar gilani/afp

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

This is BS, India hiding behind a stupid excuse. India's defence plans didn't suddenly change since November last year.

This is BS, India hiding behind a stupid excuse. India's defence plans didn't suddenly change since November last year.

Anything that could impress or intimidate Pakistan's forces or people is welcome by them.
Don't be too worried. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom