What's new

Mujib’s memoirs - Hamid Mir

i have no problem with your post, you are not wrong! but I have read everyone's history (bd, pak, foreign journalists) unlike you which is only your version! Awamileagu was a large party- it had both pro pakistan leaders and separatist leaders. Mujib had to control both. The first person who raised Bangladeshi flag as a student leader of Dhaka university was my uncle and Mujib wasn't happy with him. Mujib never called for independence! It was Zia actually!

First friend BD history is not taught here. I have read from neutral source.

He was active member of Muslim League during pre independence. he supported pakistan in 65 war with India. It all started with Ayub failure and his strong One center plan. Mujib want separate identity and suggested 6 point.

And YES he call for independence on 7th March 71 at race course ground, Dhaka.

Any way its my version that you version. Be happy with whatever you have and whatever we have.

well........if i were Bihari .......... probably i felt lucky .....:azn: but i can assure you........in71 my family participated the war,against the conspiracy of India .my grand grand pa , his sons ( my fathers uncles ) all of them were shaheed by Hindu dogs .........in my village , when i visit there sometimes .......my beloved villagers use to tell me the histories of 71 ........ my grand grand pa was one of the most popular imam on that time in there .......

i dont think ..........ur family participated the war, either with mukti neither with Pakistani ...............so,dont speak randomly what u hears from the political groups ........without knowing the facts

Sorry to hear...

The facts are there as they are as per result from the high levels of leadership. And that is what really counts. It is the responsibly of the nation's leadership to offer security.

And "Hindu dogs"? Man, you people have issues...

My dad was not a freedom fighter nor a member of the AL. Though, he did have some close calls with the Biharis and the PA.

And we did serve the nation of Pakistan. My father and uncle were in the PIA while my other uncle served in the PAF.

bongo boltu cult and its bongo boltu puja should be banned all together here. Hope Mod take care of this thread.

Hey, hey...

You don't like it, then don't comment.

By the way, please note that Jimmies are all free to speak out in the politics of Bangladesh despite their lobbying for Pakistan.

:wave:

1.This piece of memoir was written during the Ayub regime when Mujib was incarcerated in Agartala Case. This time line is important to remember.

2. A second part compiled from his notes and speeches may be published. But that could suffer from editing. However, in that we would learn that Mujib had tipped Asghar Khan to be the President. The Air Marshal himself claims this. We would also learn that Mujib had in fact sought PA protective custody once he was certain that the movement he had roused had gone totally out of his control. Student leader ASM Abdur Rab, who is alive and knows this first hand, has written articles and stated this in meetings. Mujib had warned them that their (students') excesses would land BD into the Indian lap. No wonder when Maj Rana Bilal went to get him, he was ready and packed. And he was taken to the Flag Staff House.

It is written by Mujeeb and presented by Hamid Mir (Mujeeb Part 2).
Not worth any credibility!

I think you have read Pakistani History books. :laugh:

Let me explain you:

It all started with 1958 Ayub Khan's plan- the martial law and the one-unit scheme. East Bengal was remain as East Pakistan. Mujib was against it for bengali people's ethinic identity.He supported fatima begam in 64 election against Ayub. Mujib was arrested and charge with sedition and jailed one year. In 66 he come up with 6 point plan demanding more autonomy. Mujib was arrested in jailed for Agartala Conspiracy. Under pressure Pakistan government release him in 69. In 70 election Mujib won and was set of become Pakistan PM. Yahya and Bhutto not accepted that. In 71 Mujib call for independence. He was arrested and taken to Pakistan. After Independence of bangladesh he was release under International Pressure.

You are taking history lessons in which school I do not know. but, you have written a long history of six years from 1958 to 1964 in just one line as if nothing else important was there. There are political rivals of every sitting PM or president. So, it is only half truth if someone suggests because Sk. Mujib supported Fatema Jinnah, therefore, he was imprisoned or was disliked by Ayub Khan.

It was his personal popularity, because he was against economic exploitation of the east by the west, that made Ayub worried. It was this fault that the west pakistan based politicains like Ayub Khan, Yahya or ZA Bhutto disliked him. Agartala Conspiracy was not done by Mujib, it was conceived by Ayub to brand Mujib as an unpatriot. He was arrested, but was subsequently released at the pressure of Maulana Bhasani.

Note, he never conspired against Pakistan and he never himself declared independence for Bangladesh. US embassy reported such announcement to the US govt based on hearsays. He has been made a victim of a great conspiracy to discredit him. Had the government of Pakistan had the proofs of his declaration of independence he would have been shot dead in Dhaka as a traitor. It was Major Zia who had to come out and declare the independence on his behalf.

1. Hamid Mir should be respected for his consistent efforts to attain justice for Bangladesh and promote reconciliation between Pakistan and Bangladesh.

2. I hope outstanding issues between Dhaka and Islamabad are solved e.g. apology owed to Bangladesh, issue of pre-71 assets, compensation and so forth.

3. This is not possible under a PPP regime as the party founded by the biggest traitor in Pakistani history, the notorious Ali Bhutto is extremely anti-Bengali and anti-Bangladeshi.

I can give many examples of the PPP hatred for Bangladesh but the PML and PTI are better. Both the PML and PTI have party sections for Pakistani Bengalis of Karachi whilst the anti-Bengali and anti-Mohajir PPP murders Bengalis in Karachi (mainly Orangi town).

“We demand that the government provide all Bengalis with national identity cards, passports and legal documents immediately,” said Feroze. He added that the state agencies will start oppressing Bengalis like they did in 1971, but this time they will not back down. “The police, Federal Investigation Agency and other agencies have inflicted cruelty upon us and many Bengalis have been killed.”

Noor Islam, 45, who came from Shah Nawaz Bhutto Colony to participate in the protest, said that he was born and bred in Karachi and will most likely die here, but he was still not accepted as a Pakistani citizen. “The Supreme Court has directed that migrants should be evacuated from Pakistan and we are afraid that the police will start troubling us again,” said Islam.

Bengalis afraid of losing their identity and rights – The Express Tribune

And a PTI activist posted in comments section of the article 3 weeks back and said:

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf believes that these people, of Bengali and Bihari ethnicities, are full and equal citizens of Pakistan. They must neither be harassed nor their patriotism and loyalty be brought under question.

InshAllah when PTI comes to power we will give these people, and all other ethnic groups, their due rights enshrined under constitution, by treating them as full and equal citizens.

Vote for PTI.

However Karachi's 1-3 million Bengalis mainly recieve the support of the MQM, the most powerful party in Karachi.

The video below however shows the head of the PTI, Imran Khan.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are taking history lessons in which school I do not know. but, you have written a long history of six years from 1958 to 1964 in just one line as if nothing else important was there. There are political rivals of every sitting PM or president. So, it is only half truth if someone suggests because Sk. Mujib supported Fatema Jinnah, therefore, he was imprisoned or was disliked by Ayub Khan.

It was his personal popularity, because he was against economic exploitation of the east by the west, that made Ayub worried. It was this fault that the west pakistan based politicains like Ayub Khan, Yahya or ZA Bhutto disliked him. Agartala Conspiracy was not done by Mujib, it was conceived by Ayub to brand Mujib as an unpatriot. He was arrested, but was subsequently released at the pressure of Maulana Bhasani.

Note, he never conspired against Pakistan and he never himself declared independence for Bangladesh. US embassy reported such announcement to the US govt based on hearsays. He has been made a victim of a great conspiracy to discredit him. Had the government of Pakistan had the proofs of his declaration of independence he would have been shot dead in Dhaka as a traitor. It was Major Zia who had to come out and declare the independence on his behalf.

Then what about Agartala Conspiracy?

Confession by conspirators

In 2010, and on the anniversary of the withdrawal on 22 February 2011, surviving conspirator and Deputy Speaker of the Parliament Shawkat Ali confessed to the parliament at a point of order that the charges read out to them were accurate, stating that they formed a Shangram Parishad under Sheikh Mujib for the secession of East Pakistan.[1][3] Parliamentarian Tofael Ahmed added that had the case not been filed, the plot would have culminated in the secession of East Pakistan without bloodshed, and credit the Deputy Speaker for planning the liberation of the nation.[1]

Agartala Conspiracy Case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Very sorry to know about your uncles and grandfather. However, please check under what circumstances they were killed. Because the Biharis in Mirpur kept on fighting until probably 20th December, 1971 without surrendering. IA troops withdrew because it was uselesss for them to to be killed. Muktis took over and many non-Bengalis were certainly killed in the fighting. But, the Biharis fought bravely and died like heroes. It was probably stopped by the Red Cross intervention, without which many lakhs would have been killed. Red Cross came in between to stop firings.

PA's Punjabi troops did a great thing though, they surrendered to IA troops which was dominated by their same language Sikh kins. PA did not care what would happen to the Biharis. Tiger (or Billi?) Niazi eagerly signed a surrendering document without a clause in it for the Bihari safety. Martial race Punjabis should have fought until the last person, but they disappointed the half-naked Muktis.

I know and I can understand the situation, but the problem and the reason why I posted is, We need to move on. We are still Bihari in Pakistan :D and this is how it is, but Let not your enemies take advantage of these things. We read how Muslims were killed at the time of partition, may be same thing is written in Indian books, how brutally Muslims Killed Hindus.... We hate them for this and may be they hate us for the same reason without knowing the condition and actual version.... you ca not live peacefully in present unless you forget past.

Then what about Agartala Conspiracy?
Agartala Conspiracy was conceived probably in Rawalpindi by Ayub Khan to discredit Sk. Mujib. It could also be the brainchild of governer Munaim Khan or whoever was the governer of east Pakistan. Ayub thought Mujib's political future will be crushed once people know of such a conspiracy. I wonder, why Sk. Mujib or any big leader had to go to the Capital of the smallest State of India to make a conspiracy against his own country?

So, I ask you with which big political leaders or military generals did he meet and talk in Agartala? And why did not they follow Sk.Mujib's appeal to free Bangladesh then? Please tell us those names along with a few photographs if you have them. It was unworthy of a leader like Sk.Mujib to go on foot (or was it by a boat?) with bowel in hand to beg from India.

Had he so desired India would have known it and would have done accordingly. It was just a conspiracy to defame the Bangalis so that west could have stolen our money with impunity. Mujib had no desire to do so and Ayub khan, desparate with his dwindling popularity, asked Sk. Mujib to become the Prime Minister. Note, it was after that conspiracy was blamed on him. Mujib himself said it in public meetings and there was no denals by Ayub Khan.

"Amake Pakistaner Prodhan Montri Howar Prostab Dewa Hoyeche. Kintu, Ami Pakistaner Prodhan Montri Hote Chaina. Ami Ei Desher Gonomanusher Odhikar Protistha Korte Chai," was his language.

Agartala Conspiracy was conceived probably in Rawalpindi by Ayub Khan to discredit Sk. Mujib. It could also be the brainchild of governer Munaim Khan or whoever was the governer of east Pakistan. Ayub thought Mujib's political future will be crushed once people know of such a conspiracy. I wonder, why Sk. Mujib or any big leader had to go to the Capital of the smallest State of India to make a conspiracy against his own country?

So, I ask you with which big political leaders or military generals did he meet and talk in Agartala? And why did not they follow Sk.Mujib's appeal to free Bangladesh then? Please tell us those names along with a few photographs if you have them. It was unworthy of a leader like Sk.Mujib to go on foot (or was it by a boat?) with bowel in hand to beg from India.

Had he so desired India would have known it and would have done accordingly. It was just a conspiracy to defame the Bangalis so that west could have stolen our money with impunity. Mujib had no desire to do so and Ayub khan, desparate with his dwindling popularity, asked Sk. Mujib to become the Prime Minister. Note, it was after that conspiracy was blamed on him. Mujib himself said it in public meetings and there was no denals by Ayub Khan.

"Amake Pakistaner Prodhan Montri Howar Prostab Dewa Hoyeche. Kintu, Ami Pakistaner Prodhan Montri Hote Chaina. Ami Ei Desher Gonomanusher Odhikar Protistha Korte Chai," was his language.

In my previous post I shared the wiki link where it says some of the conspirators actually confessed of the conspiracy in parliament.

In my previous post I shared the wiki link where it says some of the conspirators actually confessed of the conspiracy in parliament.

Indian general manekshaw admitted in his book that Mujeeb met Raw agents in London in 1968 to discuss plans of bangal independence and indians trained mukti bahini. So Agartala conspiracy was not mere conpiracy but based on facts which manekshaw disclosed in his book!

Indian general manekshaw admitted in his book that Mujeeb met Raw agents in London in 1968 to discuss plans of bangal independence and indians trained mukti bahini. So Agartala conspiracy was not mere conpiracy but based on facts which manekshaw disclosed in his book!

have you read it? If not could you please share any link regarding this info??

this confused me also, but a deeper observation would tell you that they were claiming that in 2010 to discredit Zia and hide Mujib's unwillingness for secession.

Lahore shitty looking city? Kid Lahore has more class than all your cities combined. Dhaka is **** city which has been rated worst city in the world. Now don't talk.

Islamabad most cleanest well made in South Asia nothing compared to flooding Dhaka where dhoti walay only earn 2 rs a month.

Does Bangladesh even have a company which earns more than $1 billion? Try to compare with Pakistan when you can, look at the state of your country, it will be underwater anyway when it reaches par with present day Pakistan... Is why 15 million BD's pole vaulted to India and now working as toilet cleaners

i m not bangladeshi but an Indian and we all know your ******* lahore and karachi.. no need to brag

i m not bangladeshi but an Indian and we all know your ******* lahore and karachi.. no need to brag

When the fighting is three dimensional. You wil see every thread derailed.

BD vs IN vs PK vs BD.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom