What's new

Mughals/ Other Muslim Rulers slashed out of Indian history textbooks

Good post bro. I am in total agreement.

But having a complete void of the medieval period since the Islamic invasions all the way up to possibly the Marathas would be stupid.

Are we also going to then cut out the last 200 years of British rule?

Cheers, Doc

Sir.. All countries show history which gives pride to local population and guide them to excel in the future. Unfortunately India is opposite case where Mugals/ Brits have lion share in history ignoring other rulers.

My point is.. time is to rationalize this bias and start showing local rulers and their aspects to Indian population. For promoting Mugals/ Brits, we have list of Oxford/ Harvard educated historians who can write anything. :)

Sir.. All countries show history which gives pride to local population and guide them to excel in the future. Unfortunately India is opposite case where Mugals/ Brits have lion share in history ignoring other rulers.

My point is.. time is to rationalize this bias and start showing local rulers and their aspects to Indian population. For promoting Mugals/ Brits, we have list of Oxford/ Harvard educated historians who can write anything. :)

My history studying days are now 30 years out of date. ICSE. But for us, Maratha, Sikh, Brits, were all optional sections (section choice). So obviously none of us would study them.

I believe rightly as said by you that we need to tell our kids our history in a way that they get exposed to all of it. Not just parts of it.

I have truly learned more history by reading on the net and taking part in forums like this than I remember from school.

Cheers, Doc

We are the Mughals ...

My wife surname is Sandhu and Maharaja Ranjit Singh was also Sandhu. Just realised my daddi (grandmother) was Sandhu so it makes my dad half Sandhu. While we are at this, I'm 25% Sandhu as my daddi was Sandhu, now my wife is Sandhu, so my 7 year sold son is 75% Sandhu and I'm gonna round it up to 100% Sandhu. I'm his guardian so I can take decisions on his behalf, so I'm definitely related to Maharaja Ranjit Singh :-)

On topic, India and Pakistan are intertwined does not matter what the history books say. No one can deny Mughal influence in Indian culture, I would go as far as, their influence is part of Indian DNA, prime examples are food (kabab, biryani, naan etc.), and Mughal architecture which is there to stay for centuries to come. On the other side, Urdu language came into existence due to inter mingling of invaders and local populace. Urdu in Pakistan, Mughal eating habbits and architecture in India will keep historical ties intact and no matter what is written in the books.

Fake! Where is his underage cow bride? Don't separate Indians from their beloved!
149101.jpg

My wife surname is Sandhu and Maharaja Ranjit Singh was also Sandhu. Just realised my daddi (grandmother) was Sandhu so it makes my dad half Sandhu. While we are at this, I'm 25% Sandhu as my daddi was Sandhu, now my wife is Sandhu, so my 7 year sold son is 75% Sandhu and I'm gonna round it up to 100% Sandhu. I'm his guardian so I can take decisions on his behalf, so I'm definitely related to Maharaja Ranjit Singh :-)

On topic, India and Pakistan are intertwined does not matter what the history books say. No one can deny Mughal influence in Indian culture, I would go as far as, their influence is part of Indian DNA, prime examples are food (kabab, biryani, naan etc.), and Mughal architecture which is there to stay for centuries to come. On the other side, Urdu language came into existence due to inter mingling of invaders and local populace. Urdu in Pakistan, Mughal eating habbits and architecture in India will keep historical ties intact and no matter what is written in the books.

congratulations !

and i guess you are mistaking India with Punjab and UP. even in North West Corridor of India its only Punjab who have mughal cultural influence while Saurashtra-Gujarat, Rajasthan and even Haryana have close to nil Mughal cultural Influance.

there is no single "India", India is a unification of several different Nations of Indic Race. culture of Saurashtra is different from Gujarat, culture of gujarat is different from Rajasthan or Maharashtra. Punjab is different from UP and Bihar etc etc.

there is no Mughal genetic influence in North India(maybe punjab have). Mughal Architecture is copy of Marwari Rajput Architecture. Urdu is currepted/bastard from of late Prakrit/Hindi, a language of North India.

what is Mughal Eating Habits ?

When will Pakistanis realise that it was they who got battered and overrun by invaders every time, before these invaders could ever make it to India! :lol:

Lolzzzz.... At that time it was 'Hindustan' ,invaded by Muslims, what a lame reason and useless reason, but we can expect everything lame from indians.

Lolzzzz.... At that time it was 'Hindustan' ,invaded by Muslims, what a lame reason and useless reason, but we can expect everything lame from indians.

It's a lame argument used by current day indians ........ they totally ignore the huge migration that took place at time of partition and what was Pakistan's population at the time of migration.

In their trials to insult Pakistanis and look down on them they forget their own regions ...... the Mughals had their capital in Agra, Dehli etc which happen to be in india .... not Pakistan.

Imran is Niazai Pathan of Punjab who couldnt speak Pashto. They are Punjabized Pashtuns. nothing to do with mongols, look at his indic sister Aleema Khan or his cousin Ikramullah Niazi, saifullah Niazi and so on you will find him exception in his own famaily..

Nawaz is Kashmiri Punjabi...

None of them claim Mughal heritage..

Why dont you show pic of Nawaz's indic brothers Shahbaz and nephew Hamaza Shahbaz etc even Nawaz's own son look Punjabis, look at maryam, Hassan and Hussain Nawaz...

They both got unique features in their famalies..

With inter-racial marriages over the ages it would be difficult to find people with pure DNA in the subcontinent.

Are these what the british taught you?

Seems it's so easy for divide and rule with low iq people like this

Unfortunately, this is a well documented history which is not being taught in schools.

Why blame British when Indians themselves do not do the needful.

That's probably because they are not being taught true history...like the OP shows.
BS. You don't eat noodles thinking about Tibetans. You don't think about Italians when eating pizza. This is ridiculous.

Good.

Having Indian history is more important than giving undue glorification to foreign invaders. Yes there were wars and good times as well but they were just invasions.

Nothing to do with the land's history except be a case of tragic event.
I hold a slightly contrary view. The Islamic damage to our civilization needs to be learnt. Some of the mistakes done need to be understood. Some Mughal history is necessary. Otherwise resistance to the Mughal rulers will seem trivial. For Maharashtra though it's okay. They never truly came under that rule.

I mean pro Hindu writer
No. Court historians documented then with relish. True imandar Muslims should be proud of these incidents. The Sunnah was being followed.

For Maharashtra though it's okay. They never truly came under that rule.

Because they fought tooth and nail. Viciously. Without mercy.

No reason why the rest of India could not.

But did not.

Forget fighting. Fought on the side of the British to defeat us as well. And hand India to the white man.

Waah hamara Hindutva ....

Cheers, Doc

BS. You don't eat noodles thinking about Tibetans. You don't think about Italians when eating pizza. This is ridiculous.

I hold a slightly contrary view. The Islamic damage to our civilization needs to be learnt. Some of the mistakes done need to be understood. Some Mughal history is necessary. Otherwise resistance to the Mughal rulers will seem trivial. For Maharashtra though it's okay. They never truly came under that rule.

No. Court historians documented then with relish. True imandar Muslims should be proud of these incidents. The Sunnah was being followed.

I always think about Italians when eating Pizzas. Everytime I get a Pizza from my local Asian takeaway, I wonder how great it would have been if it had more Italian influences. If you are forgetting the true ancestral legacy of the food, then you are missing out on the fact that you are eating a part of history.

Oh you are so right.

If the last 70 years are any indication of how texbooks can be doctored, you are so bloody right.

No one likes mentioning they were defeated by others.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom