What's new

Mughals/ Other Muslim Rulers slashed out of Indian history textbooks

If anyone here is less nationalist and more sane.
Marathas used scourged earth policy in there invasions right? Meaning burning crops killing civilians of the lands they conquer to weaken the opposition. Ganimi Kava anyone? Still Shivaji was a hero in Indian history?
While Mughals never used this notorious technique?
No Surprise. Europeans also praise Vlad Tapiz as hero who impaled villages after villages of their own european forefathers only to slow advance of ottomans. Ethnicity and Religion over everything else. Same stupidity that causes some of my Pakistani brethren to glorify Tyrants Amir Temur Lang(Temarlane) and Hajaj ibne Yusuf.

I am pathan ... you will have to dig out my old old posts... actually we are Moghal great grandfather from Delhi ...
How can you be Mughal when you are a pathan ?

no bharati, Pashtuns dont have Mughals, Mughals and those pashtuns who conqured bharat are now majority indic unless you think Mughal aka central Asian and Pashtun aka Afghans who come with great armies left south asia and all their properties, relations after fall of their empires and again moved to mountain barren land of Afghanistan?

Indic Royal Mughal.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2424410/The-Mughal-emperor-ancestor-Sultana-Begum-forced-live-slum-washes-street-struggles-feed-children.html
I did mention the same on another thread.

Imran Khan definitely has mongoloid eyes.

Cheers, Doc

Pathan and Mughal are distinct ethnic groups and had antagonistic relations .
When Mughal rulers Babar invaded india , they first crushed Pashtuns in Afghanistan and fought with Irbahim Lodhi in panipat .

It's true that Pashtuns had joined Mughal army in hordes later on but so do Rajputs . Can Rajput claim Mughal heritage too ?

Imran Khan probably has some Hazara blood that's why looks bit mongoloid. Hazaras are mongoloids living in NWFP region of pakistan .

They were all Bad and Evil people

They extorted money ie Jaziya tax from Hindus ; Forcibly converted Hindus
and demolished Temples

I don't support this. No doubt mugals were cruel but still they were part of Bharat history. All history parts must be mentioned , cruel or shining.
We should not be like Pakistan when it comes on telling the truth or facts about Indian history.

Imran Khan probably has some Hazara blood that's why looks bit mongoloid. Hazaras are mongoloids living in NWFP region of pakistan .

No you are wrong, first of all you should stop guessing about a person's ancestry when he have tribe and place of his ancestors and he answered everything about himself,

Hazara live in Baluchistan and they speak Hazargi.. their own version of Dari (persian). Imran Khan is not Hazara he is a Punjabized Pathan, as i said look at his siblings and cousins, you will find him exception among his family..

Ikramullah Niazi.. cousin of Imran Khan

pml-n-s-inam-niazi-resigns-3897.jpg

Saifullah Niazi,

saif-ullah-niazi.jpg

Pathan and Mughal are distinct ethnic groups and had antagonistic relations .
When Mughal rulers Babar invaded india , they first crushed Pashtuns in Afghanistan and fought with Irbahim Lodhi in panipat .

Teach this to @StraightShooter who was mixing Pashtuns and mongols.

It's true that Pashtuns had joined Mughal army in hordes later on but so do Rajputs . Can Rajput claim Mughal heritage too ?

Pashtun dont claim ancestry form mongols either..

Last edited:
I don't support this. No doubt mugals were cruel but still they were part of Bharat history. All history parts must be mentioned , cruel or shining.
We should not be like Pakistan when it comes on telling the truth or facts about Indian history.

For 70 years they got too much text book time.
It's time the scales are balanced, the first start is 70 years of Mughals getting few paras. After that we will give appropriate time to all sides.

Jesus was a Hindu/Buddhist.

He was a monk or Sadhu in true sense .

No, Hazara live in Balochistan and they speak Hazargi.. their own version of Dari (persian). Imran Khan is not Hazara, as i said look at his siblings and cousins, you will find him exception among his family..

Teach this to @StraightShooter who was mixing Pashtuns and mongols.

Pashtun dont claim ancestry form mongol either..

Hazara (Hindko/Urdu: ہزارہ‎, Pashto: هزاره‎) is a region in the North-Eastern part of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan .

Seems article is biased and not putting light on the overall facts. Also replies are moving in difference directions. Let me put some thought process on reason behind this move.
  • MH state govt move is to rationalize historical period and their importance accordingly instead of focusing on just 1 dynasty
  • Out of 5000Y+ of documented Indian history which includes Harrapa/ Mohanjodaro in North and several in Southern part. almost 3 Chapters are dedicated for just 300Y of "MUGALS" in NCERT books.
  • Why Orisa kingdom which ruled till Thailand is ignored, or Lalit gupta kigndom which actually controlled part of existing china is not taught to kids?
  • Why Vijaynagar empire was omitted from books?
  • Where is great Ahom King from Assam in history books?
  • Why Hari Singh Nalwa stories are not part of history or Maharaja Ranjit Singh who controlled till Afganistan?
  • Why History of Rajput females doing Johar to save their honor is not presented in the history books
  • Why Great Maratha kingdom is contained in 1 chapter and Shivaji in 3 paragraphs?
  • Why Jazia/ killing of Sikh gurus are contained in only 2-3 paragraphs

Isn't existing school history books in India is designed to undermine local rulers and kingdoms, or telling us that foreign invaders are indeed great?

This is high time to teach Kids right and balance perspective instead of distorted view. IMO

Seems article is biased and not putting light on the overall facts. Also replies are moving in difference directions. Let me put some thought process on reason behind this move.
  • MH state govt move is to rationalize historical period and their importance accordingly instead of focusing on just 1 dynasty
  • Out of 5000Y+ of documented Indian history which includes Harrapa/ Mohanjodaro in North and several in Southern part. almost 3 Chapters are dedicated for just 300Y of "MUGALS" in NCERT books.
  • Why Orisa kingdom which ruled till Thailand is ignored, or Lalit gupta kigndom which actually controlled part of existing china is not taught to kids?
  • Why Vijaynagar empire was omitted from books?
  • Where is great Ahom King from Assam in history books?
  • Why Hari Singh Nalwa stories are not part of history or Maharaja Ranjit Singh who controlled till Afganistan?
  • Why History of Rajput females doing Johar to save their honor is not presented in the history books
  • Why Great Maratha kingdom is contained in 1 chapter and Shivaji in 3 paragraphs?
  • Why Jazia/ killing of Sikh gurus are contained in only 2-3 paragraphs

Isn't existing school history books in India is designed to undermine local rulers and kingdoms, or telling us that foreign invaders are indeed great?

This is high time to teach Kids right and balance perspective instead of distorted view. IMO

Good post bro. I am in total agreement.

But having a complete void of the medieval period since the Islamic invasions all the way up to possibly the Marathas would be stupid.

Are we also going to then cut out the last 200 years of British rule?

Cheers, Doc

Naturally they do not want the generations to know that they were battered by Muslims, and the best thing is , history is not written by indians only :D, they will find out the truth later.

When will Pakistanis realise that it was they who got battered and overrun by invaders every time, before these invaders could ever make it to India! :lol:

When will Pakistanis realise that it was they who got battered and overrun by invaders every time, before these invaders could ever make it to India! :lol:

Its probably when they get out of school and start visiting international forums.

Cheers, Doc

Back
Top Bottom