What's new

MS Dhoni - The greatest captain India has ever seen ???

But Dhoni doesn't have a Dravid, does he? Kapil had a Gavaskar, Ganguly had a Dravid. Only Sachin seems to be beyond of all these worldly conflicts!

Look around Abir he has Yuvraj and some others.

The point is he had dealt this well so we think its all going good. And one minute whats this abt Dravid , you mean he was a difficult personality to handle. how? giv me some citations. How saurav himself wasnt responsible for conflict.

Look around Abir he has Yuvraj and some others.

The point is he had dealt this well so we think its all going good. And one minute whats this abt Dravid , you mean he was a difficult personality to handle. how? giv me some citations. How saurav himself wasnt responsible for conflict.

Dravid was pretty cool and one of my fav cricketer of all time. I just meant the room was too small for both Ganguly and Dravid; and Guru Greg didn't help.

Neither Yuvraj nor Dhoni is of Dravid and Ganguly's stature as yet.

Leave it yar what matters is Saurabh is nt coming back (though sm still may believe he can play again) and Dhoni is doing pretty well with the resurces and in this period. why look back.

Time to leave these and back dhoni and boys as they have made us proud like no one else.

Don`t forget Mohhamad Azhar-u-Din

A terrific batsman.His wrist strokes were a beauty to watch.It was unfortunate,and extremely sad to see him go down with match fixing scandals,along with many other players including another great captain of that time,Hansie Cronje...

A terrific batsman.His wrist strokes were a beauty to watch.It was unfortunate,and extremely sad to see him go down with match fixing scandals,along with many other players including another great captain of that time,Hansie Cronje...

But don`t forget about those positive things he did for india.

But Dhoni doesn't have a Dravid, does he? Kapil had a Gavaskar, Ganguly had a Dravid. Only Sachin seems to be beyond of all these worldly conflicts!

Sachin is not beyond conflict. Actually, I have it from reliable sources that Dhoni did not want him in ODI team long time back - when India had separate captains for Tests (Kumble) and Dhoni for shorter formats. But no selector had the balls to drop Sachin.

Don`t forget Mohhamad Azhar-u-Din

Azhar was never much of a captain. He was the compromise candidate for captaincy in 1990 after selectors were themselves divided on captaincy between Kapil, Srikkanth, Shastri and Vengsarkar. He was unimaginative too and created too much friction.

First I am a huge fan of Dada, even better than Sachin itself.

What Ganguly had was passion, a fire and he showed it out. But Dhoni, that man has nerves of steel. Never gets perturbed by the situation - however hopeless it might seem.

Dada lacked that or atleast relatively with Dhoni.

Lets not discuss Dada vs Dhoni. Both are from different times,different circumstances and ultimately they served Indian team in the best way they could.

Azhar was never much of a captain. He was the compromise candidate for captaincy in 1990 after selectors were themselves divided on captaincy between Kapil, Srikkanth, Shastri and Vengsarkar. He was unimaginative too and created too much friction.

Don`t shoot me if I`m wrong.
I have also heard that just because being a Muslim, thats why he were targeted more!

Don`t shoot me if I`m wrong.
I have also heard that just because being a Muslim, thats why he were targeted more!

I would not say he was targeted as he was banned along with Jadeja and Ajay Sharma - both Hindus. But perhaps somewhere down the line - there was some prejudice. It's funny - I've never seen that prejudice against Irfan, Yusuf and Zaheer Khan - but it was there against Azhar.

But yes, Azhar's antics caused Saurav Ganguly to make his debut. 1996 tour of England - Sidhu had a fight with Azhar and came back from tour after a fight. Manjrekar was #3 and was injured. This paved way for Ganguly to make his debut.

Yes, I think Dhoni and Ganguly should not be compared.

They both had their own style of playing and working with the team.

But IMO, Dhoni is more dynamic and has displayed unmatchable resilience and persistence.

The way Ganguly took off his shirt when India won the Natwest trophy in England shows that the emotions got the better of him.
Now compare that the way Dhoni behaved after winning the World Cup.

Its easy to conclude that Dhoni knows how to keep his feet on the ground during good times, not to display too many emotions publicly. ALso, he is very famous with all members of the team and the team have tremendous respect for him.

Truly a fantastic leader, hope India continues to remain number one under him.

India's time has arrived. India have everything it requires to dominate world cricket atleast for the next 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom