What's new

MS Dhoni - The greatest captain India has ever seen ???

My problem is taking away credit from Players, without Players captain is nothing.

My problem is taking away credit from Players, without Players captain is nothing.

He is one captain who is characterised by keeping himself in SHADOW and others thronging limelight.

But he doesnt control the media. so this point is absurd in the context of the topic.

The favourite 4(or can we make it 5 including Kumbley!) will always be respected for their contribution to Indian cricket. They came at a time when India was disgraced by match fixing scandal, was seen as a team who chickens out at foreign turfs and turned it into a world beating side. All hail!

MS Dhoni has indeed catapulted Indian cricket to a new level.He stays cool and calm under pressure,a must-quality for any captain.He is good with his bat,an excellent keeper as well.He inspires his team mates,has a friendly relation with the other players as well as the support stuff.He surely deserves to be the captain.
But I will not call him the best captain of India yet.For me,the best captain the Indian cricket team ever had is Sourav Ganguly aka Dada.He joined the team when Indian team was in shambles.The match fixing incidents,the long row of poor performance,poor team management and regionalism had totally destroyed Indian cricket.Those were turbulent times.He came as a light of hope,proved to be a dependable left handed batsman.He started his test career with a bang against England scoring a century at Lords.
The most important thing he did for the Indian team was to bring back the self-reliance,attitude to fight back.He transformed a group of 11 different players into a team fighting for one goal-victory.He also put an end to regionalism in Indian cricket,which was largely predominant before.If he liked Harbhajan,he chose him.If he saw potential in Yuvraj,he chose him.If he was impressed by Dhoni,he chose him.
He shaped team India the way we see it today.Almost all the star players of today were chosen by Ganguly.
He gave team India the "Never say die" attitude.After all, who can forget that special scene of Ganguly taking off his shirt after pulling off a sensational win against England in Natwest.Now that was the spirit that team India needed the most.
Comparing Dhoni with Ganguly will be like comparing Ayrton Senna with Michael Schumacher.Dhoni has gone ahead with a team which has really talented players.Ganguly had to build up things right from the scratch,even the spirit of the game.
Henceforth, in my opinion,Sourav Ganguly is the best Captain India ever had.
Shirtless_Sourav_Ganguly.jpg

Comparing Dhoni with Ganguly will be like comparing Ayrton Senna with Michael Schumacher.Dhoni has gone ahead with a team which has really talented players.Ganguly had to build up things right from the scratch,even the spirit of the game.

+1

Henceforth, in my opinion,Sourav Ganguly is the best Captain India ever had.

Ganguly was the right man for a time when Indian team was in shamble, in fact he is the one who changed it to Team India from bunch of player playing under a tag. Picked up players from all over the India and believed in their ability, something that Imran did for Pakistan in early 90s. Not at all politically correct and street smart at it's truest sense.

Biased Bongs ! :taz::chilli::flame:

In some ways the team Dhoni got was actually Ganguly's team to be honest

Zaheer, Ashish Nehra, Sehwag , tandulkar, even Dhonni was one of players in his team , he just ousted Ganguly due to internal politics and after winning 20/20

Most of the work was already done by Ganguly i.e winning mentality just Ganguly's luck Tandulkar had elbow problems which cost him his captaincy ahead of time in my opinion

I am big fan of Saurabh ganguly not so much of some of his antiques though.

But what dhoni has brought to the table is different. He has made India a topmost force in all forms of the game. Got the team out of politics which was bred by Ganguly in his tenure end He humiliated seniors like Dravid. His personal agendas took over. and here we have dhoni whom u dont need to judge beyons the statistics. The kind of backing he hav from everyone is incomparable.

I am big fan of Saurabh ganguly not so much of some of his antiques though.

But what dhoni has brought to the table is different. He has made India a topmost force in all forms of the game. Got the team out of politics which was bred by Ganguly in his tenure end He humiliated seniors like Dravid. His personal agendas took over. and here we have dhoni whom u dont need to judge beyons the statistics. The kind of backing he hav from everyone

Yeah I wish Ganguly's exit was bit more gracious. But he was still good friend with all the seniors. Ego clash would be there when you have players like Ganguly, Sachin, Dravid playing in a team. Even there was problem between Sachin and Dravid as well!

for me it is always sourav....

he created the professional attitude in the team
he groomed many youngsters like zaheer,bhaji,yuvi..etc
he transformed the team to a positive attitude that we can win against anybody

dhoni is cool captian.. but nothing can be compared with sourav

Yeah I wish Ganguly's exit was bit more gracious. But he was still good friend with all the seniors. Ego clash would be there when you have players like Ganguly, Sachin, Dravid playing in a team. Even there was problem between Sachin and Dravid as well!

Exactly thats why i think dhoni if best. Because he overcome all these and channelized all the energy in to winning games for country and making us proud. On top of it he takes LEAD when it requires most. Probably all of us have some bias but in due course of time we overcome it and start looking at bigger picture.

Exactly thats why i think dhoni if best. Because he overcome all these and channelized all the energy in to winning games for country and making us proud. On top of it he takes LEAD when it requires most. Probably all of us have some bias but in due course of time we overcome it and start looking at bigger picture.

But Dhoni doesn't have a Dravid, does he? Kapil had a Gavaskar, Ganguly had a Dravid. Only Sachin seems to be beyond of all these worldly conflicts!

Plus you have to remember Ganguly was facing an Australia at their PRIME !!! I mean the most deadly team ever assembled in cricket ever .. and he gave them run for money most of time

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom