What's new

MS Dhoni - The greatest captain India has ever seen ???

Sachin says Dhoni the best captain he's played under

Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar was at his emotional best while talking to the media on Monday.

After all, his most cherished dream had been fulfilled after 22 long years.

"Winning the World Cup was my biggest dream," he reiterated, adding, "I was only 10 when we won the World Cup in 1983.

"And my dream has got fulfilled now. It doesn't get better than winning it in Mumbai.

"I became extremely emotional, which was rare. The tears in my eyes were happy ones."

Tendulkar also took the opportunity to express his gratitude towards his team.

"I was touched when the players said they won it for me," he admitted, adding, "It was because of a collective effort and responsibility that we won the Cup.

"We had actually to convince ourselves that we won the Cup."

Asked what worked for Team India in the tournament, Tendulkar was categorical.

"We peaked at the right time and that was important," he said.

The Master Blaster was also all praise for captain MS Dhoni .

"Of all the captain I have played under, he's certainly the best," admitted Tendular, before proceeding to elaborate on his point.

"The maturity and alertness he showed was tremendous," explained Tendulkar, adding, "He reads the situation well and works accordingly.

"He understands the situation and doesn't show frustration. And that's good for any captain."

The soon-to-be (on April 24) 38-year-old, though, avoided questions pertaining to his retirement.

The way Ganguly took off his shirt when India won the Natwest trophy in England shows that the emotions got the better of him.
Now compare that the way Dhoni behaved after winning the World Cup.

Many people dont know the reason of why Ganguly took off his shirt from the balcony.
He did that in order to give a befitting reply to Andrew Flintoff who took off his own shirt after he took the final wicket to win the match and draw the series during the India v England 6th One Day International match at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, India.
Now a player taking off his shirt in a cricket ground is considered offensive and to some extent insulting.Someone had to give a reply.Ganguly just did that.He gave Flintoff a dosage of his own medicine during the Natwest series at their very own ground,Lords,while at the same time,being careful of not doing it on the ground.

For your reference:
andrew-flintoff2_1717764c.jpg

Andrew Flintoff with his shirt off at Wankhede stadium,Mumbai after drawing the series.

Many people dont know the reason of why Ganguly took off his shirt from the balcony.
He did that in order to give a befitting reply to Andrew Flintoff who took off his own shirt after he took the final wicket to win the match and draw the series during the India v England 6th One Day International match at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, India.
Now a player taking off his shirt in a cricket ground is considered offensive and to some extent insulting.Someone had to give a reply.Ganguly just did that.He gave Flintoff a dosage of his own medicine during the Natwest series at their very own ground,Lords,while at the same time,being careful of not doing it on the ground.

For your reference:

Andrew Flintoff with his shirt off at Wankhede stadium,Mumbai after drawing the series.

No it wasnt required. Sachin would nt do it. Dravid would not do it, Dhoni would never do it.
But he or anyone shldnt be judged by one ation. He has done so many other things which have made us proud. But that was other era. Kapil also made us proud, Azhar made us proud (by his cricket).

But this is different era. Dhoni's success is tangible and at times even too good to believe . he has backing of ppl who really matters, Thats why I think he is best ever.

For your reference:

It shows that he is reactive and not proactive.

Dhoni is far superior to Ganguly in this regard.

No it wasnt required. Sachin would nt do it. Dravid would not do it, Dhoni would never do it.
But he or anyone shldnt be judged by one ation. He has done so many other things which have made us proud. But that was other era. Kapil also made us proud, Azhar made us proud (by his cricket).

But this is different era. Dhoni's success is tangible and at times even too good to believe . he has backing of ppl who really matters, Thats why I think he is best ever.

But Ganguly is not Sachin, Dravid or Dhoni. Just as Punter was no Steve Wagh or Mark Taylor. :P

But Ganguly is not Sachin, Dravid or Dhoni. Just as Punter was no Steve Wagh or Mark Taylor. :P

It was response to statement that smoone had to respond to flintoff.

But really Saurav has been such a giant if we have to defend him or pit him in front of dhoni will be such a shame.

Both have taken Indian cricket forward like no one else. But still I think result matter most and has very high weightage. Also Dhoni must have learnt so much from Saurav's captaincy (even from sm of his weaknesses ).

But I honestly think today Dhoni is thebest may be tomorrow there wud be smone else.

There was a time we said Azhars record is best among captains then there was Saurav who was without doubt best till his period But today Dhoni is the best.

^Yes if we go by the stats, Dhoni undoubtedly is the best.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom