What's new

MRCA ::: India May Cancel Fighter Competition

That is bad news for us...

This means that India might spend that money on their own indigenous industries...

Hope the MMRCA deal goes through!

The comments like this is that forced Kapil Sibal to ask for internet surveillance. ;)

No Actually it is the fact that only on internet you could say that Rahul Gandhi is most incompetent of potential PM candidates and get away with it.If an organised mediaperson commits such a blapshemy,his revenue source from governmental advertisements would dry up and he would end spending his life in courtroom.

That is bad news for us...

This means that India might spend that money on their own indigenous industries...

Hope the MMRCA deal goes through!

Or India could follow the Chinese model- scrap the MMRCA, buy one or two EFT/Rafele, strip them down, learn how they work, make some tiny changes, infringe international patents, get embroiled in legal action and embargos, give it their own designation and Market the fighter as "indigenous".

Or India could follow the Chinese model- scrap the MMRCA, buy one or two EFT/Rafele, strip them down, learn how they work, make some tiny changes, infringe international patents, get embroiled in legal action and embargos, give it their own designation and Market the fighter as "indigenous".

nailed it !

Actually that would be better for you only if you can do it :P

If you knew anything about the manufacturing process you would know that reverse engineering is a fairly straightforward process for a country with an industrial base, the size and capability of India's.

There is no 'if you can do it', there is only 'will we do it'.

And the answer is no.

India can do it, but why should she? There is a reason India has arms-manufactures (not to mention other civil tech partners) falling over themselves to get a peice of the Indian "pie" with investment and JVs. In the process making herself very many friends all over the world. On the other hand China has, God knows how many, copyright/patent infringement cases running against her with many countries/companies refusing to touch the Chinese Market, in the process (doing what China does best) annoying A LOT of people in the process.

Anyway it comes down to two differing concepts, India following: "innovation, not imitation" China, the reverse.

wait a minute - is having aircrafts at any cost is what you guys want?
$20 billion is ridiculous. jump into 5th gen at same or lesser price on F 35. I thought initial price offered to India was 60 million on them...

You are from US so I would like to discuss about Mig35 with you. Please come with some good argument and justify why Mig35 wasn’t qualified for that MRCA deal? I’m here intended to prove that there might be big money on back door, to Swiss Account, for the selectors of MRCA because they rejected Mig35 from the context and decided to go for very expansive European aircrafts. Please prove me wrong, with help of other members here, if you can.

First, dual engine Mig35 is nothing but the better version of Mig29K which India is already buying and paying just $40mil per bird. they first ordered 16 in beginning and they were highly impressed with its performance, for its much improved A2G capabilities, and recently ordered ‘29’ more in 2010, while this MRCA is for 126 aircrafts only and Indian navy is intended to use Mig29K for their ‘new’ aircraft carrier, IAC-1, which will be inducted in 2014. My first question to the selectors is, “How they found Mig29K a very capable aircraft but not Mig35 which is nothing but the better version of Mig29, while Mig35 is a dual engine aircraft and is offered with much more powerful AESA radar than that of Rafale while Eurofighter is still developing this radar?” Indian selectors said that Mig35 was neck to neck with Rafale and Eurofighter but it lost points in ‘Engine test' as it is ‘smoky’. Then here, isn’t it the same engine supplied for Mig29SMT which is being upgraded right now and will be in service till 2035 and also in Mig29K being delivered right now, 45 in order in total? While even Rafale is proposed to be fitted with Indian Kaveri engine as Rafale's engine is also said to be weak, then why it matters so much that IAF would go for so much expansive aircrafts like Rafale or Eurofighters, (priced well above $100mn per piece), while Mig35 could be bought for just around $50mil even if its maintenance cost is little higher?

Second, how a 4++ aircraft like Rafale or Eurofighter is useful for IAF which will be delivered from 2015 onwards, (with adding 2-3 years more as we always have delays in defense projects), while PAK FA/ FGFA will come in production from 2018 onwards which is a 5th generation stealth aircraft? Don’t we know that any type of 4th gen aircraft, (whether 4th or 4+ or 4++), will become just an ‘interceptor’ from 2020 onwards when 5th gen will come in operation as neither India or China, none, would like to send a 4th generation aircraft in others territory which can be detected by radar in the time of 5th gen stealth aircraft from 2020 onwards? Even if Indian readers may get offended here, I would ask them, don’t we know that whether its JF17 or LCA/ Tejas (a 4+ aircraft) or Eurofighter (a 4++ aircraft), both are going to become just an interceptor from 2020 onwards, in the time of 5th gen stealth aircraft, while Pakistan is paying just $30mil for JF17, ($30mil for a Tejas also), while Eurofighter has cost of around $130mil each? I wonder how Lokayukta Team couldn’t question IAF for allowing European companies to loot pockets of Indian poor?

Why Indian government has this big defense budget if we finally have to give them to foreigners from back door? Don’t me and you both know that whether its Mig35 or F16 bock 70 or Super Hornet, more or less all these aircrafts were going to do the work while Mig35 is much cheaper, commonality with existing Mig29SMT and Mig29K, which was offered with full tech transfer from Russia while we just cant expect the same from any other supplier of the world, neither from US nor even for Eurofighter also as it is made from four countries with few techs from US also? This big corruption, paying $130mil for Eurofighters, a 4th generation interceptor from 2020 onwards, while twin engine PAK FA/ FGFA, an stealth aircraft is offered for just $100mil which will also come in production from 2018 almost at the same time with Eurofighter, and for PAK FA/ FGFA India has involvements from design phase to the production/ operation and maintenance also, with full expertise in this 5th gen aircraft while working with Russia?

And for F35/ JSF, it is nothing but called a crap aircraft than to either PAK FA or Chinese J20 also. I have read in many western newspaper that even twin engine Chinese J20 will be 'decisively' better than F35/ JSF after 2020 while PAK FA/ FGFA is much bettter one. Please read the link below:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/pol...t-strike-fighter/story-e6frgczf-1225834053074

I was myself fan of Mirage2000-5mk2/ Rafale if it IAF could sign deal for it by 2008, what was proposed that time, and as France had the running production line for Mirage2000-5mk2, we could get its delivery by 2010 onwards and this aircraft could work with SU30MKI as a front line aircraft till 2020. But how Rafale or Eurofighter is useful in the time of 5th Gen aircrafts from 2020, aand these 2 will come in production from 2015 onward, as 'expected' only.

we wont do it cuz we dont want toys , we want efficient platforms.:tongue:
And yes we have a very good idea of your efficiency considering your past record ... and to all , who are talking about manufacturing process and mighty India , you have been producing aircraft under license for decades ( long before even China started ) but compare yourself with China and see where you are now ? ...

Off topic reply to a off topic post ...

Haha, way to get the potential exporter's hopes high then shattering them.

Back
Top Bottom