What's new

MRCA conteders narrowed to Eurofighter and Rafael: IAF

EF Will not Win. :no:

F/18 will be back with a Bang in the NEWs... If for any of 100 odd reasons the agreements between GOI and US fail to materialize.. RAFALE will take the cake.

I am not taking this news seriously..

New fighter jets to the Indian air force

:cheers:

IST AGENCIES, August 7, 2010, 19:10

After exhaustive trials six fighters, the Indian Air Force (IAF) has submitted to the Government the choice of the type of fighters that need. For the Force, leading the French Dassault Rafale fighter and the Eurofighter Typhoon, made by European consortium. Bernhard Gerwert, head of EADS, said that "if you consider the portfolio of EADS, we can create a bridge between civil aviation and military aviation." The Americans and the Russians were defeated. The Boeing F-18 is no longer between leaders and Gripen of Sweden fell by deficiencies in the radar.

The engine of the "great thunder" MiG 35s failed to impress, while the F-16, according to Indian Air Force will have no future.

Another reason that favors the Rafale and the Eurofighter's politics. Thomas Matussek, German ambassador, said "We consider India a strategic partner and this is why we do not require the establishment of an agreement for the monitored control end-user, period." So when the "greatest of all the business of defense" been signed for 126 combat aircraft multitasking, the Rafale or the Eurofighter will fly in this business 42 000 Crore (nearly 10 billion dollars).

Notícias do MRCA PLANO BRASIL

"The engine of the "great thunder" MiG 35s failed to impress" :lol:Did the German ambassador really say this?Was he taking a cheap shot at the JF-17?

Janes reports suggest Boeing's production rate for the F-18 is one per week - now that is really impressive.

Why the heck were they considering F/A-18 since India hardly has one Aircraft carrier. Correct me if I am wrong, here my understanding is F-16 is better plane than F/A-18 and the only advantage of F/A-18 is its versatility vis a vis Aircraft Carriers?

I think they may get the french dassault raphale (its a bingo pick).

"The engine of the "great thunder" MiG 35s failed to impress" :lol:Did the German ambassador really say this?Was he taking a cheap shot at the JF-17?

Janes reports suggest Boeing's production rate for the F-18 is one per week - now that is really impressive.

DBC -- that is indeed impressive. However for MRCA, i believe it doesnt matter since it will be HAL which will do the assembly/production of the aircraft and not boeing ! For HAL to match up to boeing's legendary churn out -- is well not possible !

Even if this news is true F-18 SH is not not ... it just a way to bring ... the Growlers on the table....
If US throws the Growlers in the Mix after this ... rest assured ... its F-18 SH all the way ...
me personally favor the Rafale or EF btw ..

:coffee:

The U.S. is not offering their top of the line fighter to India. Others are. This is all I wanted to say here. There is no shortlist and the article on page 1 post 1 is a lie. Request mods to take this one out.

F18 will not win because of the "technology denial regime" as someone put it.

the C17s that India is buying are coming with certain "modules" missing. why would India sign a deal with US if the F18 will have to come with such problems. in C17 it might not be critical, but for a workhorse, its pretty much a deal breaker.

What he meant was it operated in that area. Take-off in that region had been troublesome for four contenders due to engine/intakes.

And take off is easier when the aircraft is not loaded with heavy air to ground munitions.

well great news if we have shortlisted the jets (officially) ...... now we have eft and my fave rafle ... now mod has to choose the winner .....

go typhoon for better air to air capabilities
go rafale for better air to ground capability

well great news if we have shortlisted the jets (officially) ...... now we have eft and my fave rafle ... now mod has to choose the winner .....

go typhoon for better air to air capabilities
go rafale for better air to ground capability

hornet has both capability!

F18 will not win because of the "technology denial regime" as someone put it.

the C17s that India is buying are coming with certain "modules" missing. why would India sign a deal with US if the F18 will have to come with such problems. in C17 it might not be critical, but for a workhorse, its pretty much a deal breaker.

and that is because india disagreed to sign some documents related comunication/gps system on aircrafts....

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom