What's new

MRCA conteders narrowed to Eurofighter and Rafael: IAF

bullshit even the report saya the same about mig35 but the truth is mig35 is using the same mig29 engines that operated in kargil war from good heights so can see the amount of bullshit in it

The Mig-29 uses the RD-33 while the Mig-35 uses the RD-33MK which is a superior engine in thrust, reliability, and service life.

The Mig-29 uses the RD-33 while the Mig-35 uses the RD-33MK which is a superior engine in thrust, reliability, and service life.

exactly thats what i said the same variant of the mig29 engine the mig29 did CAP missions in the kargil war from heights so had no probs why would the mig 35 have which has even a better modified engines.

i dont know if they used the rd-33 or the mk version for the leh trials because the one flown to india was not the mig35 config used to flight test weapons trials in march if i am not mistaken

the parallel could be drawn about the false reporting nothing more

best as per who ? the reporters or the forumers did any top IAF official or the evaluating team ever say for or against any of the contenders.

Well other reports which have surfaced over the period of time..have been equally clueless in providing consistent info regarding MRCA comp..only difference is... this is only the most recent one of those reports ,hence......

Well other reports which have surfaced over the period of time..have been equally clueless in providing consistent info regarding MRCA comp..only difference is... this is only the most recent one of those reports ,hence......

exactly true this is the most recent speculation in the long listed history of speculations reported by the ever so neutral and open media.

so thats what i said a thread placed on the error reporting section .

exactly true this is the most recent speculation in the long listed history of speculations reported by the ever so neutral and open media.

It just might be a speculation or some internal source..we do not know for sure ..which of it is.

so thats what i said a thread placed on the error reporting section .

Well there again.. you are assuming an assumption to be a fact..could be "error in reporting" or could be the "truth"...we do not know either way(atleast for time being)

It just might be a speculation or some internal source..we do not know for sure ..which of it is.

[/B]

Well there again.. you are assuming an assumption to be a fact..could be "error in reporting" or could be the "truth"...we do not know either way(atleast for time being)

the chances of could narrows down to zero when u see that its an EADS official report since last 3 years boeing , gripen , lockheed all have released their own versions just because reuters has a news channel dosent mean what it shows is true see the histiory of reuters mmrca coverage you will no longer say it could

I don't think, this decision would effect any Indo Russian dealings.
Because what I think is that India may also go for MIg 35 sooner or later. Not as large as 126 but an appreciable number.

Right said fatman17, until there is no official statement nothing can be said, politics is involved last minute decision are always expected. My bet is still on F/A-18 sh i could be wrong.

I agree.. Will be very surprised if this is done so fast and quick

The thing is MiG-35 technically meets all our requirements. But IAF is keen not to become world's second VVS, you know. Think about it:

PAKFA/FGFA
SU-30MKI
MIG-35
(if any service life remains) MiG-29 and Mirage 2000
Tejas.

More than 4/5ths of our fleet becomes tied to one supplier. That's what IAF doesn't want. If it was all about not putting all eggs in one basket, I'd say MiG-35. Its AESA is almost cleared out.

Besides, Russia still has the largest slice of our defense market compared to the next 3 ranks of suppliers.

when it will be 100% sure?.i fear that if f-18 dont get selected,then govt will ask for retrials.

I agree.. Will be very surprised if this is done so fast and quick

Karan ---Fast ??? :no: .....

Its been more than a decade since GoI..started this drama of MRCA...its time for the sake of internet bandwidth that we give some closure to it ...... :lazy:

Gentlemen (and woman)

This is a false news in all probability !!! I simply cant believe how EF got through trials..the emphasis for MRCA should have been A2G...and EF lacks in this arena as well as it doesnt have AESA radar.

To top it off -- it is the most expensive ! please keep in mind , India will be a member of consrtium is all BS...

I am sticking to my guns on this going the way of the SH.

In the end the decision is with the GoI and not the IAF. Unless there are some very specific reasons putting Super Hornet out of contention, it still has as good a chance as the Typhoon and Rafale. The article is mute on why F/A-18 is no longer in contention so I take that to be, negotiations and discussions are still on going. Given the political climate, the chances are greater that an American platform would be picked over that of the French or Euro Consort.

If something more conclusive came up then I would back off my bet, but at this point, I do think the Hornet stands as good a chance as the two choices mentioned here.

You have atleast One supporter in me on this...

Karan ---Fast ??? :no: .....

Its been more than a decade since GoI..started this drama of MRCA...its time for the sake of internet bandwidth that we give some closure to it ...... :lazy:

Gentlemen (and woman)

This is a false news in all probability !!! I simply cant believe how EF got through trials..the emphasis for MRCA should have been A2G...and EF lacks in this arena as well as it doesnt have AESA radar.

To top it off -- it is the most expensive ! please keep in mind , India will be a member of consrtium is all BS...

I meant between eval and result

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom