What's new

MRCA conteders narrowed to Eurofighter and Rafael: IAF

Here everyone says that EFT should not be chosen as it has no A2G capability,but it has very good A2A capability than F35. So why we can't choose it as a air fighter and regarding the multirole function or replacement of old mig, we have enough no of mki. And also d situation will have greater advantage during war as published by pentagon.

Because the the competition is about mutli role fighters, so the EF can't be juged by A2A capabilities only, not to mention that we already have numbers of MKIs in the same A2A role and will get even superior Pak Fa / FGFA too. IAF don't need another fighter for the same role, but a fighter that complements MKI and in future Pak Fa / FGFA.

Another thread spoiled.

Guys don't feed the troll and stay on topic please!

Because the the competition is about mutli role fighters, so the EF can't be juged by A2A capabilities only, not to mention that we already have numbers of MKIs in the same A2A role and will get even superior Pak Fa / FGFA too. IAF don't need another fighter for the same role, but a fighter that complements MKI and in future Pak Fa / FGFA.

And hence the Super Hornet. The best A2G plane with also the best radar.

I really don't understand the issues of Indians with American equipment.

The best radar is debatable (the Mig and the EF could be very strong in this field too, at least from the estimations), but in strike the F18SH is the leader no doubt. The issue with American equipment is that you have way too many restrictions, but we want to control the fighters on our own and want to be independent, if we pay so much for it. Be it EUM, source codes, or ToT, the US clearly lacks behind in these important fields!
So if we can have nearly as good A2G capabilities, with total independence (no EUM, source codes, full ToT) and even better A2A capabilties from the Rafale, imo it is worth the higher costs!

The best radar is debatable (the Mig and the EF could be very strong in this field too, at least from the estimations), but in strike the F18SH is the leader no doubt. The issue with American equipment is that you have way too many restrictions, but we want to control the fighters on our own and want to be independent, if we pay so much for it. Be it EUM, source codes, or ToT, the US clearly lacks behind in these important fields!
So if we can have nearly as good A2G capabilities, with total independence (no EUM, source codes, full ToT) and even better A2A capabilties from the Rafale, imo it is worth the higher costs!

The F-18 has the best in production AESA. Proved in the field.

Indians can control their own fighters..the main things in the EUMA are that they do not give or share the fighters or technology with others. India does not sell or share her fighters so what is the big deal?

EUMA does not say anything about how the fighters should be used.

I guess they lack confidence, some are stuck in the past in a time when the Indian economy was not intertwined with world economies and sanctions on India had limited global impact. They lack confidence in the ability of Indo/Israeli lobby to protect their interest in Washington. They lack confidence in their own global stature and capability.

And many foolishly believe European offerings have no American content and are immune to sanctions :disagree:

Issues are for the forum members, not with GOI. After all, we are purchasing/looking out for lot of US stuff.

I guess they lack confidence, some are stuck in the past in a time when the Indian economy was not intertwined with world economies and sanctions on India had limited global impact. They lack confidence in the ability of Indo/Israeli lobby to protect their interest in Washington. They lack confidence in their own global stature and capability.

Did I read that correct??!! :what:

Yes you did, IMO India has an influential lobby in Washington.

So then you contradicted your own statement of "INDIANS lacking confidence in their abilities"

I believe you are a member of the armed services?

Ha and such lack of basic logic?

Please the point is very simple India does not trust the US just like the rest of the world does not when it comes to the EUMA - why should we let you have a say on what we have purchased and why should we oblige you given we know we can get similar if not better tech from the Europeans - Ha!

Please I hate to say this but members please at least think logically before posting propaganda posts!

:cheers:

India has, I know. But Israeli lobby for Indians! Used to hear that from Pakistani members, but first time from an American.

If you follow US politics, particularly votes cast by pro Israeli senators on issues vital to Indian interests you will draw the same conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom