What's new

Movies to watch out for, From Pakistan!

20155912_1757955444245297_4921149276831647993_n.jpg

Animated series 'Tick Tock' turns into a feature film

Tick Tock was set out to be an animated series featuring the voices of renowned television and film artists, Ghulam Mohiuddin, Alyy Khan, Ahsan Khan, and Maria Memon. The series is produced by Sana Tauseef who has co-created it with Omair Alavi. Alyy Khan had previously stated in conversation with HIP that Tick Tock will be all about teaching children significant events of Pakistan's history. According to him, the script and overall direction was done intelligently, highlighting facts that must be taught.

Omair Alavi had already told us that the film’s story line could not yet be disclosed as the series was still in the making but it is 2017 now and we’re hoping that the team will finally spill the beans. Alyy Khan, who is lending his voice to one of our characters from Tick Tock told HIP that he also lent his voice to one of the leading antagonists in Pakistan's first animated film, 3 Bahadur.

We recently also got in touch with Ahsan Khan and we were more than pleased to hear his views on the now-animated film. “I always wanted to do something for kids, especially because I'm a father and I know how it is these days.” says Ahsan on wanting to contribute to the upcoming youth. "It’s obvious that we learn and retain more by watching hearing and understanding rather than just reading facts so this seems to be a great idea. They're always on their devices and I can't really drag them to the parks that culture has almost died. While working on Tick Tock, I realized I had to give back, more. So I'm currently working on a game show as well that's exclusive to children.” Ahsan added.

Ahsan decided to break the news about the release of the film and why the series took the turn to convert this series into a movie. “While we were dubbing the first episode of Tick Tock, we realized how amazing it was. The animation and the production quality are far better than anything Pakistan has seen till date. That's when the makers decided to turn it into a feature film. I'm dubbing for it currently and it's slated to release sometime in December.”

There you have it folks, the wait is over, we definitely know where we’re taking our kids this December, to the cinemas!

Mahira Khan and Sheheryar Munawar starrer 'Saat Din Mohabbat In' begins shooting

The film will mark Mira Sethi’s film debut

598187e3ef3a3.jpg

The much talked about Dawn Films and IMGC's first star-studded movie, Saat Din Mohabbat In has gone on-floor today in Karachi after successful rehearsals throughout July.

The film will star the gorgeous Mahira Khan, alongside the Sheheryar Munawar in leading roles, and will be their second film together after the 2016 blockbuster Ho Mann Jahaan. This film will mark Mira Sethi’s film debut and will also feature model turned actor Aamna Illyas' next foray on the big screen. Aamir Qureshi and Adnan Shah Tipu will also be seen in titular roles.

The film, scripted by Fasih Bari Khan, follows a young man on a quest to find his true love in a crowded Karachi neighbourhood. Like all good love stories, he will encounter spiritual and physical obstacles that he must overcome in order to achieve his goals.

Director duo Meenu Gaur and Farjad Nabi have teamed up with renowned director of photography, Rana Kamran, who has hits like Na Maloom Afraad to his credit, rolled the camera today with the first shot.

Balochistan's first contemporary film Sangat to hit cinemas soon

"We want to show a different side of Balochistan," shared director Sami Sarang

5985c40403f39.jpg

Sangat is a story about five friends with lots of drama, music and action sequences.

It's the first of its kind, the filmmakers of telefilm Sangat, an upcoming contemporary production of Baloch cinema, claim.

Speaking to DawnNews, producer Waheed Alblushi said the team is looking forward to revive cinema in the province.

"Though the Pakistani film industry is undergoing a revival of sorts, the Balochistan film industry has yet to develop as there is a dearth of the filmmakers here," Albulshi said.

"As a result, cinemas in Balochistan are being converted into shopping malls," he added. "In the last few years, four out of the seven cinemas in Quetta have been closed down due to lack of productions."

5985c44125c2d.jpg

About the movie he said Sangat is a story about five friends with lots of drama, music and action sequences.

It was filmed in Oman, and was made with a budget of Rs 3 million.

Albulshi further added that plan to release the film nationwide as well as in Gulf states is under works, and that it will premiere in Balochistan in the "coming weeks".

Though the first trailer of the film came out last year, due to some production glitches, the project had been delayed, Sangat director Sami Sarang said.

After Udaari, Kashf Foundation now hopes to tackle taboo topics like mental health

The mini series will star Sanam Saeed, Nimra Bucha and Mikaal Zulfiqaar

59885ce6bdee6.jpg

Mikaal Zulfiqaar took to Instagram, revealing about a project he is working on with Sanam Saeed and Sarmad Khoosat.

After giving Pakistani audiences hit TV drama Udaari, Kashf Foundation has embarked on another such venture highlighting social issues .

We got a hint of something happening when actor Mikaal Zulfiqaar took to Instagram and posted a picture of himself with Sanam Saeed and Sarmad Khoosat on set.

Images got in touch with both actors Sanam Saeed and Mikaal Zulfiqaar, to find out more.

"It's a mini series that will be directed and produced by Sarmad Khoosat," revealed Sanam. "The plot revolves around seven women who meet on a train... The mini series contains the story of each of those seven women."

Without revealing much, Saeed said all seven stories surround a social issue.

"My character's story is based on handling mental health challenges and spreading awareness about depression," the actor added.

Mikaal Zulfiqar revealed that the project has been written by Amna Mufti in collaboration with Asghar Nadeem Syed.

"The cast also includes Sanam Saeed, Nimra Bucha, Anam Gohar and myself, along with a few new faces," he further said.

The show has been tentatively named Aakhri Station.

As the project is currently under production, the channel where it will be aired has yet to be decided.

Pakistani horror movie Pari's trailer is giving us goosebumps

The visuals are dark and the music is eerie; we're intrigued by this one!

59898668cf6e9.jpg

The visuals are dark and the music is eerie; we're intrigued by this one!

The trailer for Pakistani horror film Pari is out and we're intrigued.

After a few failed attempts by our entertainment industry at horror films in past, Pari seems to hold some promise.

From the trailer it seems like the film revolves around a young couple that moves into a new house where evil spirits possess their child.

The only clue we're given of the whole ordeal is: "When you interfere in the matters of nature, nature haunts you back" and we sense a very Amityville Horror vibe.

The visuals and music lend to the genre of the film; they are dark and eerie. And the trailer does its job of keeping the suspense going!

Pari has been directed by Syed Atif Ali, who also co-wrote the script with Muhammad Ahsan. The cast includes Qavi khan, Khushi Maheen, Rasheed Naz, Saleem Miraj, Azekah Daniel, Junaid Akhtar and Faiq Asim.

The film is slated for release on October 31. Halloween just got spookier!

Transgender model Rimal Ali will make her cinematic debut with Saat Din Mohabbat In

The movie's cast also includes Mahira Khan and Sheheryar Munawar, the latter of which Rimal has a dance number with!

598af44b3640c.jpg

While we're really excited to see Mahira Khan and Sheheryar Munawar in Saat Din Mohabbat In, we're more stoked to see transgender model, Rimal make her cinematic debut!

While we're really excited to see Mahira Khan and Sheheryar Munawar in Saat Din Mohabbat In, we're slightly more stoked to see transgender model, Rimal Ali make her big screen debut!

Talking to Images, she shares, "I was approached for the movie by producer, Sanam Mehdi and I knew I had to do it."

"I can't reveal the name of my character but what I can say is that I will be playing a transgender club dancer, which is why I also have a dance number in the movie. Sheheryar will also be performing with me in the song."

598af44b71a90.jpg

Rimal has been slaying in rehearsals, which kicked off 3 weeks ago

She adds, "We had a lot of fun during the shoot!"

598af43e6d955.jpg

RImal pictured with Sheheryar Munawar

Other than Mahira and Sheheryar, the film's cast also includes Mira Sethi, Javed Sheikh, Amna Ilyas and Hina Dilpazeer, Rimal told us.

Saat Din Mohabbat In, scripted by Fasih Bari Khan, follows a young man on a quest to find his true love in a crowded Karachi neighbourhood. Like all good love stories, he will encounter obstacles, both spiritual and physical, that he must overcome in order to achieve his goals.

Director duo Meenu Gaur and Farjad Nabi have teamed up with director of photography, Rana Kamran, who has hits like Na Maloom Afraad to his credit for the upcoming flick.

Back
Top Bottom