What's new

Morocco's Bollywood dream and obsession

Bollywood is a powerful entity which has been able to influence the Arab and north African world. Pakistan should have done much more to forge closer ties with these nations in regards to culture, food, language and tourism. I suppose it's too little too late.

The sad reality is today Moroccans and other Arabs are exposed to watching exaggerated Bollywood war films depicting defeat of Pakistan and Pakistan as an evil terrorist nation. No doubt this will negatively influence their thoughts regarding the 'brotherly' country Pakistan.
Until 70s Pak was producing good quality movies they could stand in acting to Bollywood in 80s Kalashnikov and gandasa culture ruined movies and made em joke

I don't think that our movies can compete with Indian movies but our drama r better then Indian ones

And this age of digital streaming it should be promoted to global audience

tenor.gif
Well, i don't know what's this about.... Nilgiri is our good friend. Not just me but many other Turks in the forum.

Yep. Croak on about Two Nation Theory but then attach a follopian tube between the two. Wtf?
I think u meant to say umbilical cord.
Yup it was one of the biggest blunders in the history of Pakistan.
N now pretty much impossible to root out urdu n it's manifestations,,, Bollywood/Indian content.
Ban on TV n cinema halls won't have the effect,,, becoz internet. It will only grow.
Only way is to promote ur own industry,,, but for tht u need talent. I don't see any.
No one was able to recommend me one worthy movie.
Need not be mainstream, need not be urdu. Just good cinema.
I can name a dozen,,,,,,, even from Assamese cinema. Movies which will blow ur mind,, will make u twitch,,, make u wonder,, think,, contemplate.
All this from a poor state from the Northeast India. All comparatively low budget movies.

Last edited:
When does India make "iron brother" claim on any country in first place? So the equivalency is flawed from onset.

Just pointing out that blabbing "iron brother" means zilch in the end if there's nothing to actually back it up in depth among enough hard figures that concern all the interactions that go on in reality and far from some online-forum.

Whats next? Compare number of Turks visiting India compared to Pakistan? Free will decisions of the populations also to be explained away, ignored and/or relativised given the projected emotional ideal that must be clung to?

Sure if you say so. I'm sure it was just as undeniable (at the time) for East Pakistan, they went far more than respect, they were your compatriots.

But you can put all those earlier albums of that (your own compatriots) in a neat little box now, put it in the attic or basement and forget about it even being there....and open other albums for other better-newer "bro" stuff.

I mean, what does the "common Turk" think of Uighurs (esp. given they are Turkic) anyhow?...and of pandering/cheerleadering to their oppressors to this degree (in a place where its just supposedly regular laypeople folks interacting here far from political/statist/official realms). Do any regulars in this forum (always blabbing iron-bro stuff) even know or bother to find out and then admit here?

In this very thread, lot of posters expect everyone to cherry-pick the worst of India and extrapolate it to complete reality as some sort of "gotcha" "win" that every other foreigner is going to then fall head over heels for....all because of some far flung Morocco being "bollywoodized" or something. Frankly how amateur level that is (given horrendous episodes in history every single country and society and identity has), is in itself something all together for others to see. That's the salt that does amuse me.

I mean should similar be done the same in Pakistan's case (there's ton of material, ex-compatriots and everything)? Or its case of this is for you, not for us?

That in itself is what I point out quite easily to others....i.e do you (Turks, Chinese, Americans, whomever you are having an "iron bro" moment at whatever time and stage) have a history of losing half your country population because you couldn't accept a simple election result because of the winner's ethnicity being from that "half" (a concept of discrimination which was supposed to be well below the foundation of said country on "religion" as its identity)? ...and then go so far as to do what you did after rejecting that election result?

i.e If there is no such history in your case Mr. Chinese or Mr. Turk or Mr. American (from yesteryear's iron-broing) especially during a modern era nationstate setup.... you simply cannot truly understand this "iron bro" perspective truly at all....where it's really coming from and where its going to. But, maybe you "Mr. whomever" will all the same learn the realities and wisdom anyway of this with this lot....and how and why it contrasts with India's "soft culture" and "economic" reach somewhat cruelly and unfairly at first glance....but all by one's own hand and own decision-making in the end.

Thus you see the dissonance....thus you see just one small but crystal example already here of why its silly and flawed (and most anyone else can see it) to make some clumsy equivalency between two "iron-bros" at whatever juncture of time (when they are having a real deep issue between themselves, that really you ought to be fair about)....and do the whole charade of try satisfy both, but you satisfy neither in the end.

Then make it known (all the while trying not to upset the vanquished iron bro here, but upsetting them anyway because they aren't f-ing stupid) which one you really picked because you'd rather go might = right over moral-hood....because something geopolitical needs apparently need to be institutionalised among the pious membership bulk here in what ought to be non-serious area to begin with.

Then finally, you also end up losing respect among the Titan that "wins" in the end here, you are now basically a toady for him....it shows more and more here. I get banned for saying the most innocuous thing against the "Titan" trolls.

A real bro wants the highest of commitment (that nation states are by design compromised and even doomed on given nature of politics and geopolitics to begin with)....if you actually mean it and can prove it. Otherwise its just reactionary artificial blab in the end....and you just attract more attention in the end from others into looking into why you are this way. So why institutionalise and try sanctify it artificially to this level too, here of all places? What would it reflect on how its going on in other places? Its all so cringey.

This is all what generally every nation state learns (that its not good to have this "bro" complex at all, but always treat each relationship with another with enough caution and context) ... but the pan-national "bro" concept desperate-delusions take hold in some regardless.

Most modern nations never founded themselves on a faith you see, they leave that to ethereal realm in the heart of individuals (rather than power-brokers and elitist mobs). Using it to found a nation state is recipe for trouble, disaster and delusion...and then the doomed repeat of that cycle if you care not to learn from it.

@Joe Shearer @Indus Pakistan @T-123456 @VCheng @-SINAN- @Gibbs @Vergennes
To be honest, Turks generally likes Pakistanis. But lately we are seeing much admiration from Pakistanis against Turks in social media. I'm very strongly against that, Pakistan is a strong independent country, first Muslim population to develop a nuke, have population over 200 millions. They should just admire themselves. If this Admiration continues the way it is today...over years it will eventually make Turks look down on Pakistanis, this is inevitable. Turks will stop seeing Pakistanis as equal brothers if this continues.

Some Pakistanis WERE hooked on bollywood from around 1975-2012. Not anymore. I know the ground reality. I have been to Pakistan around 10 times in 8 years. You havn't.............:azn:......the younger generation of Pakistanis recoil in disgust at the mention of india or anything indian.

If you look at the Stupid and Funny thread, for every one meme based on Lollywood, you will find at least 10 memes based on Bollywood. And that will be from Pakistan PDF members. Mostly younger generation.

Well, i don't know what's this about.... Nilgiri is our good friend. Not just me but many other Turks in the forum.

I realize that, From my experience with you guys on PDF even though highly nationalistic do not judge others simply by their religious beliefs or nationality (Unless the said "Turk" is a false flagger) but by quality of the poster and his posts

There has been a concerted effort by this certain poster to malign anyone that doesn't conform to his highly sectarian fundamentalist views, Most over see this due to his patronizing words

I realize that, From my experience with you guys on PDF even though highly nationalistic do not judge others simply by their religious beliefs or nationality (Unless the said "Turk" is a false flagger) but by quality of the poster and his posts
Yeah, at least me and many of my friends have this my mindset. But there are some others..i can't talk on the behalf for every Turk in this forum. Our community also have a few Ultra-Nationalists.

If you look at the Stupid and Funny thread, for every one meme based on Lollywood, you will find at least 10 memes based on Bollywood. And that will be from Pakistan PDF members. Mostly younger generation.

That means nothing. The opinions of a few people on an internet Forum means nothing to a nation of over 200 million. The ground realities in Pakistan which I visited in December is what matters. Not the thoughts and opinions of foreigners or outsiders who know nothing about our country or the ground reality there.

Morroco is not the only place, even gulf, BD, Afghanistan, Tajiks, indonesia, Malaysia, Turkey, Somalia etc. Indian have build strong soft power in which we failed.. it was huge once here too but now it's failing and hope this trend continues.

Our artists are capable, they can too show soft p*rn and all vulgur stories of bollywood, only need backing of our people and state.

Morroco is not the only place, even gulf, BD, Afghanistan, Tajiks, indonesia, Malaysia, Turkey, Somalia etc. Indian have build strong soft power in which we failed.

Our artists are capable, they can too show soft p*rn, only need backing of our people and state.
No need of soft po rn.
What about a movie on bulle shah/edhi/numerous societal issues/horror/thriller.
R they not even capable of making any of thm in a way which will appeal to audiences worldwide(or atleast the subcontinent)

No need of soft po rn.
What about a movie on bulle shah/edhi/numerous societal issues/horror/thriller.
R they not even capable of making any of thm.

That too can be done. But most of the Bollywood is about this. Bob and vegana

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom