What's new

Morocco's Bollywood dream and obsession

And how much India import from China?
China is literally flooding Indian markets with cheap goods and milking the cash cow. Is China India's iron brother for India to incur such a huge deficit?

When does India make "iron brother" claim on any country in first place? So the equivalency is flawed from onset.

Just pointing out that blabbing "iron brother" means zilch in the end if there's nothing to actually back it up in depth among enough hard figures that concern all the interactions that go on in reality and far from some online-forum.

Whats next? Compare number of Turks visiting India compared to Pakistan? Free will decisions of the populations also to be explained away, ignored and/or relativised given the projected emotional ideal that must be clung to?

The undeniable reality is that the common Turk has always respected the common Pakistani

Sure if you say so. I'm sure it was just as undeniable (at the time) for East Pakistan, they went far more than respect, they were your compatriots.

But you can put all those earlier albums of that (your own compatriots) in a neat little box now, put it in the attic or basement and forget about it even being there....and open other albums for other better-newer "bro" stuff.

I mean, what does the "common Turk" think of Uighurs (esp. given they are Turkic) anyhow?...and of pandering/cheerleadering to their oppressors to this degree (in a place where its just supposedly regular laypeople folks interacting here far from political/statist/official realms). Do any regulars in this forum (always blabbing iron-bro stuff) even know or bother to find out and then admit here?

In this very thread, lot of posters expect everyone to cherry-pick the worst of India and extrapolate it to complete reality as some sort of "gotcha" "win" that every other foreigner is going to then fall head over heels for....all because of some far flung Morocco being "bollywoodized" or something. Frankly how amateur level that is (given horrendous episodes in history every single country and society and identity has), is in itself something all together for others to see. That's the salt that does amuse me.

I mean should similar be done the same in Pakistan's case (there's ton of material, ex-compatriots and everything)? Or its case of this is for you, not for us?

That in itself is what I point out quite easily to others....i.e do you (Turks, Chinese, Americans, whomever you are having an "iron bro" moment at whatever time and stage) have a history of losing half your country population because you couldn't accept a simple election result because of the winner's ethnicity being from that "half" (a concept of discrimination which was supposed to be well below the foundation of said country on "religion" as its identity)? ...and then go so far as to do what you did after rejecting that election result?

i.e If there is no such history in your case Mr. Chinese or Mr. Turk or Mr. American (from yesteryear's iron-broing) especially during a modern era nationstate setup.... you simply cannot truly understand this "iron bro" perspective truly at all....where it's really coming from and where its going to. But, maybe you "Mr. whomever" will all the same learn the realities and wisdom anyway of this with this lot....and how and why it contrasts with India's "soft culture" and "economic" reach somewhat cruelly and unfairly at first glance....but all by one's own hand and own decision-making in the end.

Thus you see the dissonance....thus you see just one small but crystal example already here of why its silly and flawed (and most anyone else can see it) to make some clumsy equivalency between two "iron-bros" at whatever juncture of time (when they are having a real deep issue between themselves, that really you ought to be fair about)....and do the whole charade of try satisfy both, but you satisfy neither in the end.

Then make it known (all the while trying not to upset the vanquished iron bro here, but upsetting them anyway because they aren't f-ing stupid) which one you really picked because you'd rather go might = right over moral-hood....because something geopolitical needs apparently need to be institutionalised among the pious membership bulk here in what ought to be non-serious area to begin with.

Then finally, you also end up losing respect among the Titan that "wins" in the end here, you are now basically a toady for him....it shows more and more here. I get banned for saying the most innocuous thing against the "Titan" trolls.

A real bro wants the highest of commitment (that nation states are by design compromised and even doomed on given nature of politics and geopolitics to begin with)....if you actually mean it and can prove it. Otherwise its just reactionary artificial blab in the end....and you just attract more attention in the end from others into looking into why you are this way. So why institutionalise and try sanctify it artificially to this level too, here of all places? What would it reflect on how its going on in other places? Its all so cringey.

This is all what generally every nation state learns (that its not good to have this "bro" complex at all, but always treat each relationship with another with enough caution and context) ... but the pan-national "bro" concept desperate-delusions take hold in some regardless.

Most modern nations never founded themselves on a faith you see, they leave that to ethereal realm in the heart of individuals (rather than power-brokers and elitist mobs). Using it to found a nation state is recipe for trouble, disaster and delusion...and then the doomed repeat of that cycle if you care not to learn from it.

@Joe Shearer @Indus Pakistan @T-123456 @VCheng @-SINAN- @Gibbs @Vergennes

When does India make "iron brother" claim on any country in first place? So the equivalency is flawed from onset.

Just pointing out that blabbing "iron brother" means zilch in the end if there's nothing to actually back it up in depth among enough hard figures that concern all the interactions that go on in reality and far from some online-forum.

Whats next? Compare number of Turks visiting India compared to Pakistan? Free will decisions of the populations also to be explained away, ignored and/or relativised given the projected emotional ideal that must be clung to?

Sure if you say so. I'm sure it was just as undeniable (at the time) for East Pakistan, they went far more than respect, they were your compatriots.

But you can put all those earlier albums of that (your own compatriots) in a neat little box now, put it in the attic or basement and forget about it even being there....and open other albums for other better-newer "bro" stuff.

I mean, what does the "common Turk" think of Uighurs (esp. given they are Turkic) anyhow?...and of pandering/cheerleadering to their oppressors to this degree (in a place where its just supposedly regular laypeople folks interacting here far from political/statist/official realms). Do any regulars in this forum (always blabbing iron-bro stuff) even know or bother to find out and then admit here?

In this very thread, lot of posters expect everyone to cherry-pick the worst of India and extrapolate it to complete reality as some sort of "gotcha" "win" that every other foreigner is going to then fall head over heels for....all because of some far flung Morocco being "bollywoodized" or something. Frankly how amateur level that is (given horrendous episodes in history every single country and society and identity has), is in itself something all together for others to see. That's the salt that does amuse me.

I mean should similar be done the same in Pakistan's case (there's ton of material, ex-compatriots and everything)? Or its case of this is for you, not for us?

That in itself is what I point out quite easily to others....i.e do you (Turks, Chinese, Americans, whomever you are having an "iron bro" moment at whatever time and stage) have a history of losing half your country population because you couldn't accept a simple election result because of the winner's ethnicity being from that "half" (a concept of discrimination which was supposed to be well below the foundation of said country on "religion" as its identity)? ...and then go so far as to do what you did after rejecting that election result?

i.e If there is no such history in your case Mr. Chinese or Mr. Turk or Mr. American (from yesteryear's iron-broing) especially during a modern era nationstate setup.... you simply cannot truly understand this "iron bro" perspective truly at all....where it's really coming from and where its going to. But, maybe you "Mr. whomever" will all the same learn the realities and wisdom anyway of this with this lot....and how and why it contrasts with India's "soft culture" and "economic" reach somewhat cruelly and unfairly at first glance....but all by one's own hand and own decision-making in the end.

Thus you see the dissonance....thus you see just one small but crystal example already here of why its silly and flawed (and most anyone else can see it) to make some clumsy equivalency between two "iron-bros" at whatever juncture of time (when they are having a real deep issue between themselves, that really you ought to be fair about)....and do the whole charade of try satisfy both, but you satisfy neither in the end.

Then make it known (all the while trying not to upset the vanquished iron bro here, but upsetting them anyway because they aren't f-ing stupid) which one you really picked because you'd rather go might = right over moral-hood....because something geopolitical needs apparently need to be institutionalised among the pious membership bulk here in what ought to be non-serious area to begin with.

Then finally, you also end up losing respect among the Titan that "wins" in the end here, you are now basically a toady for him....it shows more and more here. I get banned for saying the most innocuous thing against the "Titan" trolls.

A real bro wants the highest of commitment (that nation states are by design compromised and even doomed on given nature of politics and geopolitics to begin with)....if you actually mean it and can prove it. Otherwise its just reactionary artificial blab in the end....and you just attract more attention in the end from others into looking into why you are this way. So why institutionalise and try sanctify it artificially to this level too, here of all places? What would it reflect on how its going on in other places? Its all so cringey.

This is all what generally every nation state learns (that its not good to have this "bro" complex at all, but always treat each relationship with another with enough caution and context) ... but the pan-national "bro" concept desperate-delusions take hold in some regardless.

Most modern nations never founded themselves on a faith you see, they leave that to ethereal realm in the heart of individuals (rather than power-brokers and elitist mobs). Using it to found a nation state is recipe for trouble, disaster and delusion...and then the doomed repeat of that cycle if you care not to learn from it.

@Joe Shearer @Indus Pakistan @T-123456 @VCheng @-SINAN- @Gibbs @Vergennes

A hack country; a hack civilization and history. Pre islamic; from IVC to hinduism to language and to those so called scientific inventions you should be thanking Pakistan's incompetent leaders for their failure to let india slip away by stealing Pakistan's history and faking it as indian "soft image"; on which you are jumping on. Post islamic; taj mahal and all the soft image show you put up for foreign dignitaries; you should be thanking mugals; the same invaders that you lot despise.

I am getting tired of writing it again and again. All of this is more of a failure on Pakistan's part than a success story on your side. Good on you guys for your bollywood, or whatever ancient you claim about your existence; which in reality have minimum contribution from your ancestors part. It's like a bulgarian boosting on french history.

Either you are one of the most confused person; or are victim of exact dilemma what you are accusing others of suffering from; half cooked knowledge and coupling it with your emotional response; confusing it as logic.

The thread you have posted is nothing to do with state relations. As i said at people to people contact and creating soft image of Pakistan in "so called brotherly" nations, Pakistan has failed miserably. And before you start honking a trumpet lemme reiterate, it's more of Pakistan's fault rather than the success on India's part. Turkish people are quite nationalistic. Their ideology of state revolves around Turkish identity and that reflects in their foreign policy. I buy your claim of having some turks revealing you their opinion. But lemme assure you, i know turks "personally" as much as i know Pakistanis. Ask those turk friends of yours when state banned hijab in turkey to be not worn in universities, public offices. Ask or may be read a bit about trukish-Pakistan relations before erdogan and their foreign and internal policies. And then may be read a bit about Erdogan and his parties rise and why people rejected previous status co. Your bubble would burst. That has nothing to do with Pakistan; but would give you an insight about mindset of turkish state and people.

Pakistan on the other hand is an Islamic ideological state, and at people's level this is at the subconscious level. Ummah, pan islamic concept of brotherhood. Hence you will see Pakistanis more inclined towards this concept of Ummah than other ethnicity based islamic nations around the world. Regarding china; state policy is reflective in state craft; and if you even have rhetoric based idea about chinese statecraft you won't be having this discussion. If you ask any chinese person in some small town, he probably has no opinion about Pakistan, probably haven't heard of the name even and i believe that's for majority of them. No historic people to people contact, no cultural assimilation. However at the state level, strategically you've lost the game when it comes to china. Of course, india has a larger footprint because of sheer numbers and rhetoric that they sold under the banner of soft image, went really good. And again good for you. But veils are lifting, already half naked. So don't celebrate too early.

Great post brother. Well written and on point

A hack country; a hack civilization and history. Pre islamic; from IVC to hinduism to language and to those so called scientific inventions you should be thanking Pakistan's incompetent leaders for their failure to let india slip away by stealing Pakistan's history and faking it as indian "soft image"; on which you are jumping on. Post islamic; taj mahal and all the soft image show you put up for foreign dignitaries; you should be thanking mugals; the same invaders that you lot despise.

I am getting tired of writing it again and again. All of this is more of a failure on Pakistan's part than a success story on your side. Good on you guys for your bollywood, or whatever ancient you claim about your existence; which in reality have minimum contribution from your ancestors part. It's like a bulgarian boosting on french history.

This Indian's sole purpose on this forum is to promote hostility between Pakistanis and other Muslims. You can see it again and again. First with BD members, now Turks.

Mods are also to blame for letting this one and the other run free on the forum.

All I have to say is this. :pakistan::china::turkey:

Deal with it Hindis.

@T-123456 @-SINAN- Brothers, what is your relation to this Indian troll, why did he tag you to abuse and fight Pakistanis?

This Indian's sole purpose on this forum is to promote hostility between Pakistanis and other Muslims. You can see it again and again. First with BD members, now Turks.

Mods are also to blame for letting this one and the other run free on the forum.

All I have to say is this. :pakistan::china::turkey:

Deal with it Hindis.

@T-123456 @-SINAN- Brothers, what is your relation to this Indian troll, why did he tag you to abuse and fight Pakistanis?
Talking in tangible terms:
1- China's contribution to Pakistan's conventional defence against India is immense and undeniable.
2- Turkey's diplomatic support to Pakistan against India on Kashmir, FATF and other issues is in front of everyone.
2- KSA helped us in our nuke program; bailed us out in times of economic crisis. Millions of Pakistanis are employed in GCC.
3- Now, Afghanistan has also escaped from their claws. Their statecraft in Pakistan's backyard has been defeated by Pakistan's effective and pragmatic policies.

Let them believe at their own detriment that Pakistanis are oblivious of realities of the westphalian system.
We know very well how to ride two horses at one time.

Let them think that we are isolated and all alone. Let them think that everyone is with them because Arabs watch bollywood or Turks import Indian goods. We have strong ties with these countries which are unbreakable despite the blunders of our leadership.

Pakistan should keep those ties air tight and with upmost importance also expand ties with Russia,and ex Soviet Republics

Its kinda our fault the "diaspora" prefer being tied to South Asian and "Brown" identity nonsense when we have Iranic,Turkic groups in the western part of the country with no ties with pajeetland
Is it simply a choice ??? Or it has to do with real historical heritage and connections.

Bollywood has given India exposure globally for decades now and with growth of media Indian soft power has accelerated massively

It was not a strategic move but just by product of a hughly successful movie industry.

The world sees us thru prism of a lens
For decades we saw USA thru Hollywood.

India by default has achieved the same

I sat with a Afghan client recently before covid in my office at Barclays and we talked about Bollywood film sholay it's like 40 years old. Your pashtun brothers love Bollywood. As do Pakistanis as some turks and Iranians. It's just entertainment but it helps Indian image as well

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-11_20-33-17.png
    upload_2020-6-11_20-33-17.png
    70 bytes · Views: 13
Now come on,,, some random Moroccan likes bollywood n it becomes a prestige/soft power issue for Pdf Pakistanis.
Despite what is peddled here, it's actually Pakistanis who watch this so called bollywood 'filth' much more thn non bhayya Indians(southindians Or northeastindians).
Pakistan is perhaps the only country following India where Bollywood movies are ardently followed. What does it say about you?
You got great taste in movies :D
N Your own industry is basically not upto the mark.

who watch this so called bollywood 'filth' much more thn non bhayya Indians(southindians Or northeastindians).

Yup as a southie, I can vouch for that :lol: ... I dont like bollywood movies that much, some ones here and there are ok. Most are kind of silly and over-done.

Look at Iran,, they make marvelous movies(on low budget) which transcend borders, religion, ideologies and are watched by cinema lovers all through out the world.
Name me one single movie which is worth watching from Pakistan(a good movie, not some Bollywood copy)

Yup as a southie, I can vouch for that :lol: ... I dont like bollywood movies that much, some ones here and there are ok. Most are kind of silly and over-done.
South Indian movies specially Malayali movies are many times better thn Bolly movies,, fact.
Actually,, most of our regional cinema is far better thn Bollywood. Much more original content, much more realistic, much more entertaining.
It's just tht majority don't get it.

Last edited:
bollywood portrays indians as friendly and peaceful,wait till the reality of india hits these habibis.

Moroccans are fun loving and quite modern. Marrakeech is an experience in itself. My friend was posted in Casablanca for 4 years. Its a lovely place.

The ground reality is Moroccans and Indians do not have an issue with each other. Neither are they anti Pakistan. Most of them do not have an opinion. The above is from personal experience.

Now come on,,, some random Moroccan likes bollywood n it becomes a prestige/soft power issue for Pdf Pakistanis.
Despite what is peddled here, it's actually Pakistanis who watch this so called bollywood 'filth' much more thn non bhayya Indians(southindians Or northeastindians).
Pakistan is perhaps the only country following India where Bollywood movies are ardently followed. What does it say about you?
You got great taste in movies :D
N Your own industry is basically not upto the mark.

Since the end of the 2000s, the popularity of bollywood has waned massively in Pakistan. Turkish and Iranian media is now more popular.

Since the end of the 2000s, the popularity of bollywood has waned massively in Pakistan. Turkish and Iranian media is now more popular.
You wish.
It's just that thr is no alternative on TV n Indian content is banned for now.
And I agree Turkish/Iranian content is way better thn anything produced in Pakistan.
Heck,,Your own content is crap compared to the so called "Bollywood filth".
It's just a matter of time,,new wave of Indian web series will sweep through out Pakistan.
U may ask Why,,, becoz URDU/HINDI bane ur dumb elites imposed on ur populace.similar language is curse for u.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom