What's new

More than 20 dead, doctor says, as anti-China riots spread in Vietnam

You call them Viet Cong, they call you Trung Cong, different Cong San with the same clothes on?

Two nations with similar ideology it doesn't mean there will be always peace between them.

Remember the WWI and the WWII, the capitalistic nations were fighting against each other.

It is always the national interests come at first.

Two nations with similar ideology it doesn't mean there will be always peace between them.

Remember the WWI and the WWII, the capitalistic nations were fighting against each other.

It is always the national interests come at first.

Right now no nation fighting a war over political idealogy, mostly nations will fight a war over advance their national interest.

that term is uncommon. Never heard of Trung cong until now. But Vietcong is common term. Even in the dictionary.

You never heard of it don't mean it doesn't exit.

Term Vietcong used to describe Vietnamese fought against the US in the civil war.

that term is uncommon. Never heard of Trung cong until now. But Vietcong is common term. Even in the dictionary.

Trung Cong means the Chinese Communist in Vietnamese.

No one except Vietnamese will use this word for CPC, since they are not Vietnamese.

No any non-Vietnamese speaker will call CPC as Trung Cong.

No one except Vietnamese will use this word for CPC, since they are not Vietnamese.

I know because Trung cong is not in any dictionary I can find but Vietcong is in the Webster dictionary.

The west call you commie, is there a different? commie China meant Trung Cong in Vietnam

I know because Trung cong is not in any dictionary I can find but Vietcong is in the Webster dictionary.

The word Vietcong is becoming an English nickname for the Vietnamese Communist, since it becomes popular due the Vietnam War.

The west call you commie, is there a different? commie China meant Trung Cong in Vietnam

No difference.

what chinese did in China ?

Chinese-protester-attacks-010.jpg

embassy-beijing-demonstrator-september.si.jpg

demonstrators-hold-chinese-flags.jpg

japanese-flags-protest-purchase.jpg

protest.jpg
What's your point here? To show Chinese can damage properties too? You're not getting the big picture here. However you wanna propagandize, the RIG is still existing and drilling, and will continue to drill. You can post all the pictures you want, but you need to deal with the issue at hand.

Sorry, U should know that there is No use to threaten VN just by some cheap words like that, specially China was defeated badly in 1979 war. We are the victim or not, No one can be sure now, but they surely see the victim is Chinese, they r killed and looted in VN, they r killed in their own land

We sure will protect investors from all over the world coz they help VN to have jobs, but we not sure if any VNese wanna protect Chinese investors coz China is our enemy for thousand years:pop:
Really? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
What do you call that? Vietnamese propaganda????

legal or illegally worker from any nation shouldn't be held accountable for the action of their government.
True! A "life taken" is a "life taken", irrespective of legal or illegal. What's wrong with these Viets? Does it mean every citizen of Vietnam needs a psychiatrist? What a pathetic logic.
If I display a picture of a butterfly, would @NiceGuy state that it's just, "two women standing together"? Sheesh.....

This NiceGuy keeps nagging about illegal worker. I suspect this stupid imbicile come to this forum just to practice typing.
LOL... You made my day, bro. hahahaha...

U dont understand ?? Okay, if u was born in a country that was dominated, burned down many times by China in history, and u lost ur brother, ur dad, ur sister in the latest war against China, then u will understand why.:pop:

Okay, it will look bad in the short term, but in the long term, we r having better relationship with US-EU, so, US-EU investors will invest more in VN ,sas long as we pledge to protect them well (of course we will protect them well, in this situation, we just try to kick China investor out by all mean)

Yes i know bro. It will affect FDI/confidence in Vietnam, but not just in the short term, but in the long term as well. The problem is, the outside world is seeing vietnam as a risky place to do business/invest. The first news western media publish was the Asian games Fiasco vietnam couldnt afford to organize and pulled out, which was widely reported in western media, and now this event happens with riots/killing/lootings etc. As much as im supporting vietnam in this comflict/stand off with China, i must say this was/is a very silly move and will only make even those who were/are supporting Vietnam to take a step back and start looking at things more critically. Unfortunately, this will affect Vietnams economy in the coming years, since some companies who would have moved/reloctaed their factories from china to vietnam will now be thinking twice or diversting their investments to other more stable ASEAN countries. The problem with us in the west(and many other capitalistic countries) is that our companies dont give a shit about any dispiutes/geopolitics. They will invest in any country that will provide them with a maximum return on their investment. Thats why despite the differences/issues China and the U.S have , they still trade with each other than any nation in the world(and it keeps growing/increasing), same with China and Japan, despite all the protest japanies companies suffered in China, they are still investing heavilly in China and their trade volume keeps increasing. Thats the meaning of globalization nowadays, barring real sanctions/isolation, countries will keep investing and trading with each other as far as investors see theres a market/profit to be made from a country , they will come and invest, they dont care about if the country is communist, capaitalist, authoritarian, expansionist, bully, or whatever.
If you think our governments/companies give a shit about democracy or fairness then im afraid you are wrong. That is why despite india being a 'democracy', it still attracts far less investment than Authoritarian China(and the gap keeps increasing). Investors care only about profits/and the stability/safety of their investments.So vietnam should be more realistic.
I think the government made a big mistake here, by allowing the protest to go on without taking proper measures to make sure they dont get out of hand. They should have allowed the protests but under strict supervision to make sure everything goes on peacefully, and most of all lost of lives(at least property can be replaced, but live cant). I hope Vietnam government take full control and prosecute those involve in this riots/killings, and also compensate all the companies who suffered losses, else im afraid Vietnam will lose alot more than the govenrment thinks.
As for China, it should stop taking provocative steps to inlfame the situation, so will be appropriate if it could remove or even halt the oil rig operations as a sign of appeasement/good will. It should try and sign a sharing agreement of resources with Vietnam and other claimants in SCS, this is the only solution i see for this issue. .

This is not true.

This is like saying the Ukrainians are more 'Russian' than Russians themselves.

Well i have been to(visited both the mainland and its 'brother' in taiwan, and i can attest Taiwan is more Chinese than even the mainland. You yourself know Taiwan still speaks traditional Mandarin Chinese, while the mainland uses simplified mandarin Chinese(Taiwan retains the calligraphic beauty of the traditional Chinese characters in all their glory, which is the way it’s been written for most of Chinese history since classical times.). Also Taiwan still has the greatest collection of Chinese artifacts in the world in the national palace meseum(even though i must confess its because Chiang took all the greatest Chinese treasures from the Forbidden City in Beijing when he lost the civil war and fled to Taiwan, where it is still displaid today). Personally, i think Taiwan is the distilled essence of China. Taiwan and China have the same culture, the same ethnicity, the same language, but Tawian has an advantage in that, it’s all packed into a very small area unlike China which is spread out over the third-largest nation in the world in terms of geography. Thats one reason i enjoy visiting China than China. its more traditional and mordern at the same time. In short, i think Taiwan is what China would have been had the nationalist won the war. However , i dont think it would have been good for some of chinas neighbour like Russia, Korea, India and Vietnam, since im sure the KMT would have retaken mongolia(which funny enough Taiwan still claims as part of the republic of China) and Siberia as well, Vietnam's communist would have never been able to win the war against the french and Americans(they would have been crushed, and im sure Vietnam would have been good for vietnam since it would have been more presperous under South Vietnams government backed by the U,S), They wouldnt have givern/ceded back arunachal pradesh to India after/if they had won the border war, South and North korea would have been united instead of divided, and Japan and china would have been good friends. In short had the KMT won, China would have been way more larger today than it is at the moment.:agree:
In short, China is the only country i see who could have the capability of uniting Asia(from japan to India) . It has that inlfuence/landmass to create a stable Asia if it really tries/wants. However reality/goepolitics is always different from what the common man wants/wishes.:D

China along with Russia will still support Vietcong against those pro-US rebels, but it will be a great news for China as the decades economic reform of Vietnam will be jeopardized this time.

Their economic status will be sent back to the 1980s, no more trouble for us.
wet dream of Ah Q.

Back
Top Bottom