What's new

More LCA Tejas For The IAF: $5.2 Billion Deal For Mark 1A Variant To Be Signed By December,

Testing only will take 1-2 years. ASEA is already tested with Prototype of HAL Tejas and Jaguar fighter.
  • A more powerful engine - the GE414 instead of the GE404, capable of nearly 20% higher dry thrust ( 58 kN vs 48 kN)
  • A more advanced AESA radar (ASEA vs ELTA 2023)
  • A more comprehensive electronic warfare suite with Radar Warning Receiver (RWR), Missile Approach warning (MAW), Laser Warning Receiver (LWR), Self Protection Jammer (SPJ), ECM & IRST suites
  • Ability to launch Astra1 and Astra 2 and other long range missiles
  • Dual carriage pylons, for carrying more than one armament per rail
  • Several structural & internal improvements for better maintainability
  • Better Flight Control Computer with PowerPC based processor
  • Improved aerial refueling probe
always admired Indian's optimism given with your track record, no one can guarantee anything when it comes to engineering products, be it public or defense, even Yankees.
Plan for the worst, hope for the best

always admired Indian's optimism given with your track record, no one can guarantee anything when it comes to engineering products, be it public or defense, even Yankees.
Plan for the worst, hope for the best

There is a big difference. You need to take example of yourself.

China was also doing the manufacturing o aircrafts from the years or copy paste.

Once they started design and developing their own in-house aircrafts the now, you are capable to design better aircrafts.

same goes to India, HAL tejas is just started... and took a long time and delays but it does not mean that new aircrafts will also take the same time.

There is a big difference. You need to take example of yourself.

China was also doing the manufacturing o aircrafts from the years or copy paste.

Once they started design and developing their own in-house aircrafts the now, you are capable to design better aircrafts.

same goes to India, HAL tejas is just started... and took a long time and delays but it does not mean that new aircrafts will also take the same time.
The possibility of delay always exist, you can't changed the rule of engineering, but here you are already given out the testing time frame "1-2" years as if it the testing has already being completed.
Fortune teller?

80 million dollars for a tejas...what can i say, pls buy more.

My thoughts exactly. I calculated price at $78 million per plane.

This jet is costing more than latest model Grippen.

Per plane price is probably not too far from block 70 F-16 & SU-35.

It also make this plane about $30 million more expensive than Mig-35.

And $78 million per plane means this jet can never be exported at this price. All I cans say is wow. People in Kamra & Chengdu must be dancing.

Good news for Indians airforce. I have just one question when will they be inducted? Realistically speaking. We have all seen and heard about Tejas. And another question which truck company have been given the contract for placing them over.?

My thoughts exactly. I calculated price at $78 million per plane.

This jet is costing more than latest model Grippen.

Per plane price is probably not too far from block 70 F-16 & SU-35.

It also make this plane about $30 million more expensive than Mig-35.

And $78 million per plane means this jet can never be exported at this price. All I cans say is wow. People in Kamra & Chengdu must be dancing.
a F35 cost yankees about 85 mllion..a J20 is said to be somewhere between 100-125 million usd but a tejas cost 80 million?
facepalm-statue.jpg

yes I know 12 block 3 thunders per year 2025 all over the internet

a little bit like
yes we have Rafale now
or yes we have mark 1 tejas now
yes,we 270 su30mki now

and we will have
more,Rafale
83 tejas mark1a
and 5 regiments of s400
and yes the,deals are cleared,

So much is "cleared" in Indian all the time, we know...

no mmrca will happen now ie no 114 mmrca
but second batch of Rafale will replace this due to budget constraints ie 40 planes

And you pulled this out of whose a***? You know India has barely enough to pay for the current Rafale deal right?

no mmrca will happen now ie no 114 mmrca
but second batch of Rafale will replace this due to budget constraints ie 40 planes
he is simply trolling and not learning at all... the more you answer the more he trolls ... i suggest you stop here.

When you will induct 83 Tejas with a rate of 8 per year??? our JFT number 100 inducts more than 16 per year for more than 10 years of production so we will rightly assume the your 83th Tejas will induct after 2035

Rate is @16 per year. New facility for 8 more per year is to be operational from 2021-2022. HAL says the number can be increased to 20 per year, given the levels of outsourcing of the front, mid, aft fuselages and the wings to private suppliers.
This is mark. 1A right?

Its yet to b produced or fly
With this mega breaking you are looking at several years of flight and integration tests... From first flight

Airframe wise, the changes are not as big from Mk1 to Mk1A. Mostly changes to panels, LRU locations, etc. to improve maintainability. Cockpit avionics and software related changes have been worked on since past 2 years. Already 2 Tejas Mk1 LSP prototypes were modified by HAL for the purpose of ground and flight testing. All new systems will be flight tested on these 2 Mk1A prototypes within the next 2 years. Integration won't take that long since both the AESA radar and EW Suite are mature systems from Israel.

Elta 2052 AESA and the EW Suite are the big changes and IAI will be assisting HAL in integration of these. Plus, HAL has already done the integration of the Elta 2052 on Jaguar DARIN 3 fighters. So there is experience.

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is no such fighter called MK1A it exists on paper only not a single prototype has flown yet ...... if it is approved that means a prototype will be made integration of new systems will take time .... JF17 block 3 made its first flight in Dec 2019 and in Dec 2020 we have officially started production that means it took 1 year to test certify and Integrate weapons.... how long will it take for MK1A remains to be seen although historically tejas is always years behind JF17 so expect half a squadron of MK1A by 2025 if you're lucky... by that time Pakistan will either stop producing JF17 or block 4 will arrive..

Wrong.

There are 2 Tejas Mk1 Limited Series Prototypes (LSPs) that are being modified with Mk1A systems. Since airframe changes are not that big, they're going with existing LSPs as prototypes.

Jaguar DARIN 3 upgrades gave a lot of recent experience to HAL on new Mission Computer, AESA radar and other upgraded avionics changes that will help a lot.

Just FYI, even the Mirage-2000I upgrades include a HAL designed and built Mission Computer (which is the brain of the fighter). Mk1A is getting a new Mission Computer as well, more powerful and much faster than the Mk1.

they all know the ground reality .

that being that India has fairly clear and robust plans for fighter induction.
ie
123 tejas by 2028 or 2029
36 Rafale with real discussion for second batch of 36 to 40 Rafale as the infrastructure was built to.accomadate 4 Rafale squadrons at the outset .

that due to commitment to Rafale and tejas and s400 and c295 transports and other induction we are most likely not ordering mmrca x 114.

this nonsense we can't afford second batch of Rafale is fear and trolling

India has ten times the GDP of pakistan and 5 times the budget
we can easily order the second batch in 2023 with costs spread over 5 years.

India has a clear audited military budget with capex allocation to buy new hardware in instalments
current overall.capex was 14 billion from.60 billion defense budget.

allowing for gdp inflation growth defense budget at 2 percent growth will be around 70 billion a d capex at 16 billion that's being modest.

40 more Rafale are coming
as is,s400 which we have started instalments on already.

this is sticking on some people's throats badly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom