What's new

Mongolia should hold vote on rejoining China

1. A few years ago, the Mongolians had a bad winter and asked China for help. Russia had ignored Mongolian pleas for help, because Mongolia is a competitor against Russia in exporting natural resources. This means Mongolia is pliable when it's desperate.

2. Most people think the threat from the West will come along China's East Coast. That is not so. The real Western threat is the creep of NATO forces along with the European Union expansion along the Silk Road.

3. The Chinese logic of maintaining a North Korean buffer state applies to China's northern and western borders. The West-Russia rupture is an unprecedented opportunity for China to establish long-term, deep, and lasting ties with Russia.

4. If you run out of ideas, it's a good plan to copy your competitor's best strategies. Right now, the European Union is running circles around Russia and China. It's time to turn the tables on the EU. Copy the EU's best inducements and make similar offers to neighboring countries. Let's start with Kazakhstan.

5. For those that want to do nothing, that's exactly the attitude of the Qing Dynasty before it collapsed in the face of European power. The Europeans (with American support in the background) are coming again. Let's not repeat the Qing Dynasty mistake. It's time to counter the Europeans while China still has maneuvering room.

Think of geopolitics as a chessboard. The West controls most of the squares on the board. The West controls North America, Europe, Australia, and has strong influence over Latin America and the Middle East. The only squares left on the board are Russia and Central Asia that are between the powerful West/Europe and China. A smart China would try to grab the remaining Russian and Central Asian squares.

If China does nothing, I guarantee the West will grab the remaining squares. If a weaker leader like Medvedev (or another Boris Yeltsin) was in office, Russia might capitulate to the West. Events can change very quickly. Putin was caught off-guard by the fast-changing events in Ukraine. When it comes, China will have a lot less time than people think.

If Russia crumbles under prolonged and ever-tightening sanctions, NATO will be on China's northern doorstep in the blink of an eye.

So what's stopping them from taking over South Tibet? Chinis feel that they are 2nd powerful nation in the world. Why not defeat a weak country like India and reclaim South Tibet.

Threat of US sanctions and stopping Saudi oil headed for China on the high seas. It's a complex problem.

A prerequisite is that China has to control the high seas. The PLA Navy is twenty years away from that scenario. It is unclear whether equal naval power is a sufficient reason to move ahead. Another problem is losing important customers in the US and Europe. There is a difficult weighing of interests.

Last edited:
Well, we could use 30 million Chinese Mongolians to assimilate 3 million Outer Mongolians.

well it is a natural process of development and it takes time
as I said, we have the time and as long as we keep on strengthening ourselves, the Mongolians know where and whom they will choose for their future

lol, you must be joking.

Buddy, easy on @Tractor
He has made some points and on some other issues he has had his contributions unlike many of the haters on the forum whose intentions are to malign and defame China viciously

20111111111018001959.gif

So what's stopping them from taking over South Tibet? Chinis feel that they are 2nd powerful nation in the world. Why not defeat a weak country like India and reclaim South Tibet.

We dont need to tell you when. Get it?

The importance of proper planning cannot be overstated. China must make extensive contingency plans and preparations for the Kazakhstan scenario.

Let's look at the Russian example. If Russia had properly planned for a Ukrainian contingency, Russia would not be in the vise of Western sanctions today.

When Yanukovych was in power and there were massive street protests, Putin should have sent in Russian troops to restore order. By supporting the legitimately-elected president of Ukraine, Russia could have avoided the mess today.

This example demonstrates the absolutely critical importance of contingency planning and execution. China better have multiple plans and preparations ready if it wants to win. Diplomacy and alliance building is a necessary immediate start.

Mongolia given its geographical position cannot survive as an independent country. It is inevitable that it will be dominated by either Russia or China or maybe even Kazakhstan.

China should embark on a public relations campaign to persuade Mongolia to voluntarily rejoin China. Mongolia was part of China prior to 1945. The Mongolian parliament only needs to hold a vote on rejoining China.

China has all of the technology in the world. Whether it's Tianhe-2 supercomputers at 33.86 petaflops, 3-micron CNC five-axis machine tools, 28nm semiconductor fabrication, 350 km/hr high-speed rail, etc.

According to the IMF, the nominal per-capita GDP of China and Mongolia for 2014 are as follows.

China: $7,572 (and $8,211 for 2015)
Mongolia: $4,008 (and $4,116 for 2015)*
*Both figures for Mongolia are prior to the Mongolian currency devaluation.

Mongolia is down to its last $1 billion in foreign exchange reserves. In sharp contrast, China has $3,840 billion in foreign exchange reserves. Why would Mongolia want to beg Rio Tinto for money? China has money that reaches to the sky.

Why in the world would Mongolia want to remain a dirt-poor resource-dependent Third World nation?

Vote to rejoin China and become a First World nation. You want to live in a modern high-rise tower? Check. You want high-speed rail? Check. You want modern highways? Check. You want plentiful heat during the winter and air-conditioning during the summer? Check. You want cars to drive? Check. You want computers for everyone in your family? Check. You want 60" large-screen TVs? Check. You want a fiber-optic internet connection? Check.
LOL you are delusional. Why should your former master become your slave? No, if money matters, then Mongolia should select Germany as their new master. the germans have more than $5 trillion in cash, and 3,400 tonnes gold. everything here is better than in China. why the mongols should want chinese cars, if they can have best cars in the world: Mercedes, BMW, Audi? makes no sense at all :disagree:

After Mongolia becomes a part of German empire, as I look for new career, I will offer myself to the german government as the new Emperor of Mongolia. at first, I will select 100 most beautiful mongolian girls as my concubines :-)

lol Chinese hunger for more and more foreign land will never end.

Mongolia given its geographical position cannot survive as an independent country. It is inevitable that it will be dominated by either Russia or China or maybe even Kazakhstan.
no, size does not matter, nor is a decisive factor. you are too much delusional.

ever heard of the country Lichtenstein? this country is tinny, landlocked and politically independent. there are a lot of small countries in europe. I once visited Lichtenstein, it is virtually just a small rock.
Liechtenstein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL you are delusional. Why should your former master become your slave? No, if money matters, then Mongolia should select Germany as their new master. the germans have more than $5 trillion in cash, and 3,400 tonnes gold. everything here is better than in China. why the mongols should want chinese cars, if they can have best cars in the world: Mercedes, BMW, Audi?

After Mongolia becomes a part of German empire, as I look for new career, I will offer myself to the german government as the new Emperor of Mongolia. at first, I will select 100 most beautiful mongolian girls as my concubines :-)

Vietnamese inferiority complex never cease to amaze. Mongol seized power for a brief 90 year, but we had them as vassal for centuries. Riding on other coat tail doesn't change that fact you were ruled and civilized by China for almost 1000 year. Talk about master and slave? Find a way to deal with your complex, don't degrade the forum. Topic is present day geopolitics.

Vietnamese inferiority complex never cease to amaze. Mongol seized power for a brief 90 year, but we had them as vassal for centuries. Riding on other coat tail doesn't change that fact you were ruled and civilized by China for almost 1000 year. Talk about master and slave? Find a way to deal with your complex, don't degrade the forum. Topic is present day geopolitics.
I cite facts, not out of inferiority complex as you said, just to contribute to this thread. though, I admit, my post is a bit mocking on the OP. "present day geopolitics" is facts on the ground. how much is the likelyhood that Mongolia becomes a part of China? I guess similar to the likelyhood that Vietnam becomes again a part of China.

as for history, I would like to remember you of one thing: if the Qing supported Vietnam in the struggle against the French invasion some years ago, then Mongolia would be still a part of China today.

Last edited:
If i remember correctly, Hong Kong is not happy after joining China. Why do you think Mongolian will be happy?

I cite facts, not out of inferiority complex as you said, just to contribute to this thread. though, I admit, my post is a bit mocking on the OP.
present day geopolitics is facts on the ground. how much is the likelyhood that Mongolia becomes a part of China?

as for history, I would like to remember you of one thing: if the Qing supported Vietnam in the struggle against the French invasion some years ago, then Mongolia was still a part of China today.

You didn't cite, you manipulated facts. This is typical of every Vietnamese poster. How exactly is Mongol master when they were part of China for last 400 hundred years? How likely Mongolia rejoin China is based on present day geopolitics, not history 900 years ago. There's witty relevant mocking, there's dumb and irrelevant mocking.

KMT lost Mongolia. It has nothing to with Vietnam.

lol Chinese hunger for more and more foreign land will never end.

On the whole we are just trying to regain what we have lost
We have lost more lands than we have gained throughout the border negotiations

If i remember correctly, Hong Kong is not happy after joining China. Why do you think Mongolian will be happy?

Some of the HKers are severely spoilt
Without China's support, they will be going down the drains, worse than India
201152419364363609_asqql.com.gif

How do you know all Hongkonger are not happy with mainland rule? Just becos 5000 hker carry out demonstration. Does it mean all others must be unhappy too?

Mongolia with such a pathetic economy growth , poor infrastruture development and poor standard of living. Do you think they are happy? How can they not be happy if they got a chance to rapidly upgraded their standard?

Back
Top Bottom