What's new

Modi Approves $3.2 billion Aircraft Carrier Funding

illusion8

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
This week Modi agreed to release $3.18 billion to finish construction of India’s first indigenous carrier.

In its first major decision for the armed forces, Narendra Modi government was understood to have cleared a proposal worth around Rs 19,000 crore to complete the construction of the long-delayed Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) being built in a shipyard in Kochi.

The proposal is understood to have been cleared on Wednesday at a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) headed by Prime Minister Modi.

The IAC is a 40,000-tonne warship being built by the Cochin Shipyard Limited under the Project 71 of the Navy and the funds, understood to have been approved by the government, would be used for its completion.

CCS clears completion of indigenous aircraft carrier | Brahmand News

CGI_.jpg

artist's impression.

This week Modi agreed to release $3.18 billion to finish construction of India’s first indigenous carrier.

In its first major decision for the armed forces, Narendra Modi government was understood to have cleared a proposal worth around Rs 19,000 crore to complete the construction of the long-delayed Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) being built in a shipyard in Kochi.

The proposal is understood to have been cleared on Wednesday at a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) headed by Prime Minister Modi.

The IAC is a 40,000-tonne warship being built by the Cochin Shipyard Limited under the Project 71 of the Navy and the funds, understood to have been approved by the government, would be used for its completion.

CCS clears completion of indigenous aircraft carrier | Brahmand News

View attachment 38357

artist's impression.
Actually the news was announced one day before the budget because I read it in newspaper same day the budget being announced

Now everything good will be done by only Modi. Jaitley or anyone else do not have any part.
Stupid Journalism.

An Aircraft Carrier is a Blue Navy Ship used to project Power overseas.

Why does India feel the need or compelled to Project Power Globally ?

Haha..what MODI jokers!!!

It is UPA whcih has done everything. This man is for ribbon cutting. If anybody was thinking that a AC under construction will depend upon a 56 inch WAIST, then they must be n GRASS. :)

It is UPA whcih has done everything. This man is for ribbon cutting. If anybody was thinking that a AC under construction will depend upon a 56 inch WAIST, then they must be n GRASS. :)
You can promise to initiate too many project in manifesto.What congress has done last 10 years except babbling ..Do you know how many years have passed initiating this project & someone has to finish that.Large amount of taxpayers money is invested in it.Its not just a cutting ribbon.If you have brain you can get that...:haha:

I hope that IAC will emerge like a powerful AC vikramaditya.

I
An Aircraft Carrier is a Blue Navy Ship used to project Power overseas.

Why does India feel the need or compelled to Project Power Globally ?
I think in case of war with Pakistan they want to have comfortable edge with air strike capability from Iran side of Arabian sea to disrupt your supply easily.

Sickularism does this to you.

I

I think in case of war with Pakistan they want to have comfortable edge with air strike capability from Iran side of Arabian sea to disrupt your supply easily.

Situation is evolving fast. India wishes to take the role of the major Security Provider and the Hegemon in the whole Indian Ocean Region (read Indian Navy's doctrine). India will have to maintain a minimum of 2 CBGs plus 1 in reserve/refit.

Sickularism does this to you.

Situation is evolving fast. India wishes to take the role of the major Security Provider and the Hegemon in the whole Indian Ocean Region (read Indian Navy's doctrine). India will have to maintain a minimum of 2 CBGs plus 1 in reserve/refit.

In doing so why you are working on conventional powered Aircraft carrier instead of Nuclear powered to regulate and monitor vast area of Indian Ocean.

I

MKIs taking off from Pune can attack Pakistan from Iran side already, we don't need an aircraft carrier for that.
An aircraft carrier is the modern day incarnation of Ashwamegh horse in the sense its more for projection of power.

Back
Top Bottom