What's new

Mission Brief : One JF-17 Had Eight SU-30s in Sight !

was this not posted before in another thread ?
Not by me and I certainly didn't come across this until mentioned by the other member. However more attention and concern should be given to the fact that some members keep posting and reposting decade old pictures.

Not by me and I certainly didn't come across this until mentioned by the other member. However more attention and concern should be given to the fact that some members keep posting and reposting decade old pictures.
I was asking because I likely read this before in another thread.
Which members are reposting. PM me if that's the case of concern.

I hope you are aware of the term CLEAR AVENUE OF FIRE. And for a few of us who managed to speak to them, the pilots who fired the missiles were under heavy investigation for doing a mediocre job. And were you aware of possible 10 locks or no.

was this not posted before in another thread ?

Mediocre in what sense? Why they fired at all, or not firing?

Quick question, at that altitude, even if you aren't targeting the target with your own radar, surely they can still see you...so what does flying cold in this context mean?
Just stay in the clouds and no radar can detect you.
Wing commander Narendra Modi

Guys I have Indian Roommates in Canada
there is one guy who says Abhinandan shot down F-16 & managed to kill 300 terrorists inside Pakistan.
I differ on his views because I don't want confrontation with his limitations of his mindset so I just listen to his bullsh!t cause being a roommate
Must have been one hell of a room stay living with a indian :lol:

The fact that while there were already two SU-30s airborne, the IAF had to scramble another six aircraft in response to a single PAF aircraft proves the fact that the IAF was oblivious of what it was up against.

I ma sure the SU's were also painting the JF-17, secondly I doubt there was a single JF-17 in air at that time.
Two ship CAP

The fact that while there were already two SU-30s airborne, the IAF had to scramble another six aircraft in response to a single PAF aircraft proves the fact that the IAF was oblivious of what it was up against.
It was a two ship - but them scrambling six more doesn’t make sense unless
A. They saw more PAF fighters getting airborne so wanted to maintain Numerical superiority in the air - possible

B. The IAF su-30s on the other side were having similar issues to the 27th pair in terms of Datalink syncing and unable to break the lock so they decided to overcompensate and send everyone from Anup to Venkatesh in the air - unlikely

C. The account is exaggerated by this Thunder driver as it did Overall reek of bravado and oversimplification especially w.r.t the analysis of the Mirage 2000 - very possible

Last edited:
Actually I liked to listen to crap Indain media throws at their people which I listen all types of fiction mythologies.
What could be more mythological that pakistan shot down a su-30 and that too after it crossed into pakistan airspace. That's official version.

Then there is crazy unofficial versions like Indian Su-30s were flown by Israili pilots. LOL

Two ship CAP

It was a two ship - but them scrambling six more doesn’t make sense unless
A. They saw more PAF fighters getting airborne so wanted to maintain Numerical superiority in the air - possible

B. The IAF su-30s on the other side were having similar issues to the 27th pair in terms of Datalink syncing and unable to break the lock so they decided to overcompensate and send everyone from Anup to Venkatesh in the air - unlikely

C. The account is exaggerated by this Thunder driver as it did Overall reek of bravado and oversimplification especially w.r.t the analysis of the Mirage 2000 - very possible
I think point C is plausible. Since the pilot was giving interview to a magazine so little exaggeration is possible.

What could be more mythological that pakistan shot down a su-30 and that too after it crossed into pakistan airspace.
A F-16 was shot down

Also, when trying to make a snide remark at least get the context right.

The claim is that the Su-30 was engaged within Indian Airspace at near edge of AIM-120 envelope after it was seen trying to pursue the Mirage Guidance aircraft for the H-4 weapon.

Yes - locking them up does mean they would have alarms going off within the cockpit.

Interesting that the much vaunted Jammers on the Su-30s were not used otherwise this locking on would have been more difficult - although that depends on the range between them. Could be a doctrine choice to not have them engaged.

The SD-10 is Home on Jam but so is the R-77-1 but I am not sure the MKis carry that

Were they carrying R-27s in your opinion?

What could be more mythological that pakistan shot down a su-30 and that too after it crossed into pakistan airspace. That's official version.

Then there is crazy unofficial versions like Indian Su-30s were flown by Israili pilots. LOL
Try something comical as its right down your lane like IAF first claiming that Abhinandan's MiG malfunctioned over India, he ejected over the local tea stall but his parachute drifted towards Pakistan...... The Gangu geniuses forgot to add that several ton MiG was so heartbroken that it also decided to drift after it's pilot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom