What's new

Mission Brief : One JF-17 Had Eight SU-30s in Sight !

Quick question, at that altitude, even if you aren't targeting the target with your own radar, surely they can still see you...so what does flying cold in this context mean?
You must have read the text where an Indian ground controller is shouting and warning Abhinandan to flow cold.....basically asking him to turn back, leave the arena. The PAF pilot was entering and exiting the arena to keep the bandits in check.

@SQ8 Does spiking the SU-30s means the PAF pilot was locking on the bogey.....in that case, their headsets must have been buzzing and their cockpits flashing like Christmas lights.

How the **** do you live with a bharti?
TBH - Option 1) Pay $3000 per month for bacholer apt, Money I do not have.
Option 2) Pay fraction of cost & rent with Roommates in house, thats what I did. I had no choice its either this or go far away from Downtown Core area to suburbs, where my work is accessable.

I did not want to go this route but I saw the advantages of location of area versus the isolation of my room within the house to other roommates. So I just share the washroom with them & do cooking internally in my room w/o using their Kitchen so I barely see them.

You must have read the text where an Indian ground controller is shouting and warning Abhinandan to flow cold.....basically asking him to turn back, leave the arena. The PAF pilot was entering and exiting the arena to keep the bandits in check.

@SQ8 Does spiking the SU-30s means the PAF pilot was locking on the bogey.....in that case, their headsets must have been buzzing and their cockpits flashing like Christmas lights.
Yes - locking them up does mean they would have alarms going off within the cockpit.

Interesting that the much vaunted Jammers on the Su-30s were not used otherwise this locking on would have been more difficult - although that depends on the range between them. Could be a doctrine choice to not have them engaged.

The SD-10 is Home on Jam but so is the R-77-1 but I am not sure the MKis carry that

Option 2) Pay fraction of cost & rent with Roommates in house, thats what I did. I had no choice its either this or go far away from Downtown Core area to suburbs, where my work is accessable.

I did not want to go this route but I saw the advantages of location of area versus the isolation of my room within the house to other roommates. So I just share the washroom with them & do cooking internally in my room w/o using their Kitchen so I barely see them.

I’ll pray for you man.

A FASCINATING STORY SHARED BY A JF-17 THUNDER PILOT IN AN INTERVIEW.

View attachment 865669

“One mission took place in the days following the Indian Air Force’s attempted strikes in Pakistan border region- at five in the evening. I took off in rain and low cloud with TS in the vicinity. Clouds were from 4,000 till 33,000 feet. Got out of clouds and controller reported two Su-30s ‘across the fence’. I targeted them at ranges beyond 50-60 NM but didn’t get authorization to engage from controller, continued to grind above 32,000 flowing hot and cold 20-30NM from fence targeting the Su-30s. The IAF scrambled a total of six more Su-30s and finally I had eight Su-30s in front. Would turn hot and target each one in sequence from north to south (just spike them seeing whether they get lured in or not). After hitting Texaco (air refueling) returned to based amid rain and wet runway.... the first thing ground crew did was count the missiles.. gave a disappointed look once all were intact. the same profile continued for a couple of month but that first mission was an unbelievable experience.”

View attachment 865670

Block 3 can definitely carry 8 BVRs, if the radar lock was there on 8 SU30s then i am sure they had broken the lock and disengaged, thats not mentioned here. Secondly, its 20 nautical miles, PL12 engagement profile, it doesnt seem like JF17 had a radar lock, am i missing something here? i would expect SU30s to have radar lock on JF17 as well at 30 thousand feet.

Hi,

By this time we all know that the permission to shoot down came a little too late.

Now---looking back at the whole picture---the delayed permission was intentionally done by the commander in charge at the prime minister's office.

It is a known fact that once there is a lock---it is available for a certain minimal time till the other party flies away---.

The person in-charge on our side knew that---so he delayed the order to give time to the other side to move away---and then gave permission to satisfy local public " yeah I gave the permission---but incidently they flew away---".

Last edited:
Block 3 can definitely carry 8 BVRs, if the radar lock was there on 8 SU30s then i am sure they had broken the lock and disengaged, thats not mentioned here. Secondly, its 20 nautical miles, PL12 engagement profile, it doesnt seem like JF17 had a radar lock, am i missing something here? i would expect SU30s to have radar lock on JF17 as well at 30 thousand feet.
It can carry 5 BVR.

They may not have broken the lock as the author mentions allegedly moving STT(Single target tracking) lock from one Su-30 to another in sequence.

The Su-30s would also have easily locked the Thunder up so despite the gung ho bravado in that scenario the best the Thunders could do was launch at 4 Su-30s but would have 8 Su-30s firing multiple missiles back - guess who had the higher chance of survival?

Try mid-town (Avenue and St. Clair area). You will find single bedroom apartment for less than $2K. Downtown is only 15 min bus or subway ride.

Hi,

By this time we all know that the permission to shoot down came a little too late.

Now---looking back at the whole picture---the delayed permission was intentionally done by the commander in charge at the prime minister's office.

It is a known fact that once there is a lock---it is available for a certain minimal time till the other party flies away---.

The person in-charge on our side knew that---so he delayed the order to give time to the other side to move away---and then gave permission to satisfy local public " yeah I gave the permission---but incidently they flew away---".

The deceit is very very deep.
Clarity in communication is the key. In the risk management world, 'What if' is extremely important. But oh well....... :(

Hi,

The deceit is very very deep.
I hope you are aware of the term CLEAR AVENUE OF FIRE. And for a few of us who managed to speak to them, the pilots who fired the missiles were under heavy investigation for doing a mediocre job. And were you aware of possible 10 locks or no.

A FASCINATING STORY SHARED BY A JF-17 THUNDER PILOT IN AN INTERVIEW.

View attachment 865669

“One mission took place in the days following the Indian Air Force’s attempted strikes in Pakistan border region- at five in the evening. I took off in rain and low cloud with TS in the vicinity. Clouds were from 4,000 till 33,000 feet. Got out of clouds and controller reported two Su-30s ‘across the fence’. I targeted them at ranges beyond 50-60 NM but didn’t get authorization to engage from controller, continued to grind above 32,000 flowing hot and cold 20-30NM from fence targeting the Su-30s. The IAF scrambled a total of six more Su-30s and finally I had eight Su-30s in front. Would turn hot and target each one in sequence from north to south (just spike them seeing whether they get lured in or not). After hitting Texaco (air refueling) returned to based amid rain and wet runway.... the first thing ground crew did was count the missiles.. gave a disappointed look once all were intact. the same profile continued for a couple of month but that first mission was an unbelievable experience.”

View attachment 865670
was this not posted before in another thread ?

Last edited:
I hope you are aware of the term CLEAR AVENUE OF FIRE. And for a few of us who managed to speak to them, the pilots who fired the missiles were under heavy investigation. And were you aware of possible 10 locks or no.

Pressing the wpn release button is easy - what that action entails in a snowball effect is the real judgement.

I hope you are aware of the term CLEAR AVENUE OF FIRE. And for a few of us who managed to speak to them, the pilots who fired the missiles were under heavy investigation. And were you aware of possible 10 locks or no.

Try mid-town (Avenue and St. Clair area). You will find single bedroom apartment for less than $2K. Downtown is only 15 min bus or subway ride.
Others living in Toronto also, nice, I thought I was the only one from Pakistan living in downtown

I heard lot of Indians and Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are friends when in the West, is it not true?

Yes - locking them up does mean they would have alarms going off within the cockpit.

Interesting that the much vaunted Jammers on the Su-30s were not used otherwise this locking on would have been more difficult - although that depends on the range between them. Could be a doctrine choice to not have them engaged.

The SD-10 is Home on Jam but so is the R-77-1 but I am not sure the MKis carry that
I ma sure the SU's were also painting the JF-17, secondly I doubt there was a single JF-17 in air at that time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom