What's new

Feb. 27 Was Also First Live Combat Mission For JF-17

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
It's now official that JF-17 Thunder aircraft fully participated in operation swift retort against Indian targets on 27th February. During the mission, the JF-17s not only provided cover for the attacking formations but it'self also launched precision SOW against ground targets.
The following are depictions of all those who participated in the mission.

JF-17 Launching REK SOW against Indian ground targets.

d9f2d749-2bff-4e4d-829d-94ad4c0f8b30-jpeg.598620

Mirages armed with H-4 SOW Spearheading the attack

dbb28650-678e-48d3-bdd8-04028a082479-jpeg.598619

Armed with BVR Missiles, a formation of JF-17s provided top cover for formations.
467752fe-c806-4597-bd54-8d25702c446a-jpeg.598618

F-16 Viper which completely dominated the battlefield during combat with Indian SU-30s and MiG-21.

af29f23b-5a81-4b19-b846-75ea312883b2-jpeg.598617

Last edited:
I really hope that the Block-III will remove Pakistan's anxiety to not use JF-17 at the frontline of the battle field. I hope it gives our pilots the same confidence as the f-16s. Although it is good to hear this news that JF-17 carried out air to ground attacks inside IOK.

so total of 8 JF17 in A2G configuration, 4 F16 for A2A with 4 JF17 in A2A, and 8 Mirage in A2G mode ? total 24 aircraft strike package?
You have the JF-17 equation wrong.
I believe four were in A2G while another four were armed for fighter sweep or A2A.

I really hope that the Block-III will remove Pakistan's anxiety to not use JF-17 at the frontline of the battle field. I hope it gives our pilots the same confidence as the f-16s. Although it is good to hear this news that JF-17 carried out air to ground attacks inside IOK.
There's no anxiety as such, in fact in some sectors the JF-17 has taken over duties of ADA from F-16s leaving Vipers free to concentrate on other roles/operations.

You have the JF-17 equation wrong.
I believe four were in A2G while another four were armed for fighter sweep or A2A.

i thought the strike package was that of 24 aircrafts. if thats the case, then 4JF17 in A2G, 4 A2A, 4 Mirages in A2G and 8 F16 in A2A mode.

the even better half is still not public.
I mean there must be some evidence from satellite or local assets that a Su-20 was downed or damaged.. if downed they cannot hide at lest it was damaged then... so any third source must release photo.. it will add to our credibility

JF-17s were on standby in case Mirages failed to strike the targets.

The need for SOW equipped JF-17 never arrived due to successful raid by the Mirages.

JF-17 did see action in A2A by radar locking several IAF fighters.

EDIT: Incorrect information considering KT's blog.

Last edited:

The need for SOW equipped JF-17 never arrived due to successful raid by the Mirages.
I think the official version tells us something else... later even Indians admitted attack by JF-17s where they specially mentioned REK weapons.

I think the official version tells us something else... later even Indians admitted attack by JF-17s where they specially mentioned REK weapons.

The official account also stated JF-17s involvement in A2A kills.

Gp Capt Faheem's formation (15 sqn), Hassan and Nouman only dropped/fired actual ordnance.

This is why only these chaps were awarded. Besides, only 6 weapons were released by a formation of 4 Mirages. JF-17s do not fit here.

The official account also stated JF-17s involvement in A2A kills.

Gp Capt Faheem's formation (15 sqn), Hassan and Nouman only dropped/fired actual ordnance.

This is why only these chaps were awarded. Besides, only 6 weapons were released by a formation of 4 Mirages. JF-17s do not fit here.
But my dear, Mirages can only carry a single H type weapon.

EDIT: JF-17 did see action in A2A by radar locking several IAF fighters.

what a missed opportunity.. should have taken down all 8 IAF birds that day.. gangs wont have said shit ...

@airomerix @Windjammer my very dear YoungPaks,

Don't we love that OurBird went for GanguHunt!!!

Detail is immaterial perhaps... I hope two of you don't go locking horns again...would be sad!

Keep us posted what is cleared/allowed... we need to keep Ganguz shaking in their lungiz...

Mangus

i wanted them to do taran (wet) in yheir lungis ..

Back
Top Bottom