What's new

Minority loving Modi Govt wants to abolish Christmas Holidays!!

Do you think Modi Govt is good for India?

• Total voters
Brother where did you "see" all those hatred against the Christian community!!I am a staunch Dharmic follower but i have got great respect for the entire Christian community and for Lord Jesus Christ whom i personally think as an Avatar of the Supreme Lord.I never missed a chance to visit the local churches because i find the atosphere inside the church so peaceful and calm that we can actually connect ourselves to the Supreme Lord.Every year me and my friends celebrate Christmas by sharing cakes and visiting the local churches to watch the beautiful decorations.Heck one of my friend(who is a Brahmin by caste) even had a picture of Lord Jesus Christ in his desk and he prayed to him everytime he went out to do some important job.So don't try to judge the entire Dharmic community based on the views of some fringe extrermists.We are proud of our Christian community and they are like our brothers.Btw i am only against those foreign Christian Evangelists who come to this country only to convert the gullible poor section of the Dharmic community by luring them with freebies.
well yeah.. it is good let the poor section live without basic needs and let them die.. i faced some situations here..

OMG.. such hatred on Christianity and Christians? ?? great when org like Iskan etc expanding their activities in Russia etc.. You guys feel happy because of it.. but you people cry when Christian activities is taking place in India. . such a discrimination. .
Where did you find hatred for Christianity here?

well yeah.. it is good let the poor section live without basic needs and let them die.. i faced some situations here..
Ah ok, I got it.

You will give them food but on one condition. :D Smart. :agree:
"Here take the bread but accept Lord Jesus as your God." :enjoy:

So you are basically saying that the Christian Evangelists should be given a free run to forcefully coerce the poor section of the population and convert them by luring them with monetary benefits!Then i don'[t think you should have any problem with the work of organizations like Hindu Jagriti Manch and V.H.P. because they are also doing the same thing and reconverting poor people back to their original religion:coffee:.

OMG.. such hatred on Christianity and Christians? ?? great when org like Iskan etc expanding their activities in Russia etc.. You guys feel happy because of it.. but you people cry when Christian activities is taking place in India. . such a discrimination. .

You are reading too much into it. This is the work of Paid Media and has been debunked in this very thread. I suggest you to go through the others posts in the thread. :o:

So you are basically saying that the Christian Evangelists should be given a free run to forcefully coerce the poor section of the population and convert them by luring them with monetary benefits!Then i don'[t think you should have any problem with the work of organizations like Hindu Jagriti Manch and V.H.P. because they are also doing the same thing and reconverting poor people back to their original religion:coffee:.
Not forcefully. With bread. Free will. :agree:

"Good governance" was one of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's top election slogans during the 2014 Lok Sabha election. The BJP government wants CBSE to carry out various activities, like an essay competition, so that students’ participation increases on Christmas Day.

NAGPUR: If the Union government has its way, CBSE schools may have to remain open on this Christmas.

The Union human resource development ministry wants to celebrate the birthdays of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Hindu Mahasabha leader Madan Mohan Malviya by observing 'good governance day' on December 25. The BJP government wants CBSE to carry out various activities, like an essay competition, so that students' participation increases.

Although CBSE has not communicated this to its affiliated schools yet, the Union government-run Navodaya Vidyalays have issued a circular to their schools. The Navodaya schools operate in rural areas on the lines of Kendriya Vidyalayas, and are affiliated to CBSE. The Navodaya circular says CBSE will be organizing an essay competition on December 24 and 25, the topics for which will be declared on December 23.

The essay competition will be held separately for standards I-V, standards VI-VIII and standards IX-X. Navodaya commissioner GS Bothyal has asked schools to conduct quiz competitions, screen documentaries on best practices in good governance and perform other related activities on Christmas.

While there won't be a Christmas holiday for Navodaya schools, the central board hasn't given any direction to private CBSE schools yet. It is also not clear whether staying open on Christmas would be mandatory for such schools.

A senior CBSE official told TOI that asking schools to remain open on Christmas Day would be tricky, especially if they are Christian schools. "I have been told about December 24 and that is still being worked out. Schools have not been informed anything yet," the official added.

Adhering to the ministry's plan would throw the schools' vacation schedule off-course. Almost all CBSE schools in the country start their winter vacations from either December 23 or 24. CBSE is expected to make an announcement on the matter soon.

Narendra Modi pays tribute to Hindu Mahasabha leader Madan Mohan Malviya's statue in Varanasi during the 2014 Lok Sabha election. Madan Mohan Malviya's birthday falls on December 25.

Another senior CBSE official said conducting just the essay competition might not require schools to remain open. "As the format of our 'expression series' gives the option of submitting essays online, this vacation issue can be resolved. But if something more, like on-ground activities, has to be done then it is going to be a problem," he said.

'Unfair to Christian students'

A school principal from Nagpur expressed concern that the HRD ministry's plan would be unfair to students belonging to the Christian community. "The day has religious importance which will be inconvenient for Christian staff and students," said the principal.

India's 11th Prime Minister and BJP stalwart Atal Bihari Vajpayee's birthday falls on December 25. (Getty Images file photo)

Some other principals said the contest was wrongly timed. "The schools will close for Christmas vacation from December 24 or earlier. The students will be busy with their plans for the vacation and participation may be very low. The government could celebrate the day on December 25 but contests for the schools should have been scheduled earlier to avoid a clash with the festival and vacation," said a CBSE school principal, on condition of anonymity.

Union HRD minister Smriti Irani.

It also discriminated against a minority community since December 25 was the most important day of the year for Christians in India and across the world, he added.

Schools will be able to submit their best performances both online and offline. Best 36 entries will be awarded Rs 2,500 and a certificate.

Source:
Govt wants schools to observe ‘good governance day’ on Christmas - TOI | The Times of India Mobile Site

My thought:
Slowly but surely this Government is showing its dirty, communal, fascist face to the world. Earlier BJP goons were spreading terror in the name of 'Ghar Wapasi' and doing forcible conversions. Now they have resorted to slyly use 'Good Governance Day' excuse to abolish Christmas holidays.

Sach much achhe din aa gaye. I think we have another Hitler in the making. Gone is the dream of vibrant and progressive India in the dumps. Brace up Christians, Muslims and all other Minorities to be treated like Jews were treated in Germany.

Issue closed: Smriti Irani slams media report, says Christmas is a holiday : India, News - India Today

Making a mountain of hot air.

Where did you find hatred for Christianity here?

Ah ok, I got it.

You will give them food but on one condition. :D Smart. :agree:
"Here take the bread but accept Lord Jesus as your God." :enjoy:
there are no conditions like that.. why don't rich hindu mass conduct such activities? ?

there are no conditions like that.. why don't rich hindu mass conduct such activities? ?
They try. But they are banned. :D

Not much clout in the media, you see. :(
Besides we don't have the Joshua like quotas to fulfill either. :P

Most Sikh converts from Christianity in Punjab are ostracized by the Christian community entirely. The Sikhs for some reason have lost their elan and have become oh so secular. So they don't interfere. Regular story in Jalandhar.

am saying burn Churches .. ban bible. . good idea nah

What on God's green earth are you talking about!First of all this thread was created on the basic of dubious information which was rebutted by none other than the Central Education Minister herself.So how does the Modi administration is responsible for this!They just organized an online essay competition on a national holiday where participation is totally voluntary,so from where did this "U-Turn" come up all of a sudden..

The U-turn didnt come up all of a sudden.. Its what I am seeing from the day Modi government came to power.. Where is the black money they promised to deliver with in 100 days? Where was the retaliation when soldiers died in the border.. You do remember the tall claims.. right?

This government is just 6 months old and still 4.5 years left and you already concluded "broken promises" ,if you commented this after 5 years then its ok....And about promises which Government fulfilled its promises previously Nehru promised many thing including a "tax free state" did he fulfilled that ? Indira and Rajeev promised "Roti Kapada aur Makkan" did they fulfilled that ?

For border escalation tit for tat reply was given ,and for black money SIT is formed i think thats the best responses ,do you have any other suggestions ?

Do you really think I am congress supporter? I am talking about the BJP's tall claims and their U turns.. They did promise us to bring back black money with in 100 days right? Where is it now? Why there was no action when our soldiers were killed by so called freedom fighters supported by our neighbours? What exactly was the tit for tat response? Whining infront of the media?

Not forcefully. With bread. Free will. :agree:
Achcha why doesn't the Central Govt. pass an anti-conversion bill in the parliament to stop these nuisances once and for all??I mean what are they waiting for,they have got the numbers after all:undecided:!

The U-turn didnt come up all of a sudden.. Its what I am seeing from the day Modi government came to power.. Where is the black money they promised to deliver with in 100 days? Where was the retaliation when soldiers died in the border.. You do remember the tall claims.. right?

Do you really think I am congress supporter? I am talking about the BJP's tall claims and their U turns.. They did promise us to bring back black money with in 100 days right? Where is it now? Why there was no action when our soldiers were killed by so called freedom fighters supported by our neighbours? What exactly was the tit for tat response? Whining infront of the media?
No offence, but you did not vote for BJP this time. You won't vote for BJP next time either. So I don't understand the purpose of being so agitated. :unsure:

Achcha why doesn't the Central Govt. pass an anti-conversion bill in the parliament to stop these nuisances once and for all??I mean what are they waiting for,they have got the numbers after all:undecided:!
India's secular fabric will be destroyed.

On a serious note - I believe Hinduism will perish in India, in a couple of centuries from now. We don't deserve to enjoy this rich a culture and value system.

Can you please clarify the duration and period of Christmas holidays?

In Delhi schools it coincide with the winter holidays from 24th Dec till 2nd Jan or the first Sunday of the new year. There is a huge demands from parents to remove this as the actual winters in Delhi start from 1st week of January to the mid of January.

Christians are not asking for 10 days holidays. If Government wishes, it can postpone the winter holidays for 1st week of January as you said. One day holiday for Dec.25 will stand.

am saying burn Churches .. ban bible. . good idea nah
That's an Abrahamic concept - destroying other institutions of worship or appropriating them. It is best to convert it to a school and make everyone study there. UP is notorious for illiteracy.

No offence, but you did not vote for BJP this time. You won't vote for BJP next time either. So I don't understand the purpose of being so agitated. :unsure:

Offcource, but isnt it my government too now irrespective of whom I voted? Or just because I didnt vote for him, I wouldnt expect anything from this government?

Back
Top Bottom