What's new

Minority loving Modi Govt wants to abolish Christmas Holidays!!

Do you think Modi Govt is good for India?

• Total voters
Christians and Sickulars jumping up and down over some lousy circular, where are these morons when missionaries go around foul-mouthing Hindus and converting gullible poor folks by hook or crook?

Dumbo, who says we care about Sonia or his son? They are corrupt people. They must be given punishment for whatever wrong things they have done. Dont bring Christianity into it.

Chaddiwala spotted!!!

They way people like you call every other xyz person sickularist shows out your saffron chaddi.

I hate chaddiwalas like you. I am seeing there are lots of such chaddiwalas in this forum.
85% of Indians are chaddiwallas. 15 % will 'go to hell' for not accepting Christ as God. Anything else?

ToI is spreading communal hatred to further its ratings and popularity.

I am not behind Irani but I am against the broken promises made by Modi government.. If they had done hlaf of what they said before the elections it would have been better. From border escalations to black money, all we can see is they are swalloing their words. It would have been better, if Modi govt have the guts to do what they have promised to the people!!

This government is just 6 months old and still 4.5 years left and you already concluded "broken promises" ,if you commented this after 5 years then its ok....And about promises which Government fulfilled its promises previously Nehru promised many thing including a "tax free state" did he fulfilled that ? Indira and Rajeev promised "Roti Kapada aur Makkan" did they fulfilled that ?

For border escalation tit for tat reply was given ,and for black money SIT is formed i think thats the best responses ,do you have any other suggestions ?

Under developed ??? check the PCI and HDI of kerala its much better than many other states ....I dont care of state which state you are from and I see my religion and nationality over state or district ..
All praise for Gulf returns,If you keep your nationality above,then you would have never made such cheap disgusting posts.You are free to question missionaries,Xian terrorism,Joshua projects,but calling them as traitors,bad mouthing their history,questioning their patriotism proves you are no different from a brainwashed sanghi.

This government is just 6 months old and still 4.5 years left and you already concluded "broken promises" ,if you commented this after 5 years then its ok....And about promises which Government fulfilled its promises previously Nehru promised many thing including a "tax free state" did he fulfilled that ? Indira and Rajeev promised "Roti Kapada aur Makkan" did they fulfilled that ?

For border escalation tit for tat reply was given ,and for black money SIT is formed i think thats the best responses ,do you have any other suggestions ?
Modi should have invaded Switzerland and taken control of the Banks by force, sent Gadkari to Mauritius, he alone would have displaced the entire country and emptied the banks. EU would be upset at India, so would Russia, China and the US(all having massive deposits in Swiss banks) and then they would nuke India. Problem solved. :enjoy: No India, no Indian problems. :tup:

Once Government is successful in implementing it, it will become an annual feature, thereby getting rid of Christmas holidays for good.
Can you please clarify the duration and period of Christmas holidays?

In Delhi schools it coincide with the winter holidays from 24th Dec till 2nd Jan or the first Sunday of the new year. There is a huge demands from parents to remove this as the actual winters in Delhi start from 1st week of January to the mid of January.

In Delhi schools it coincide with the winter holidays from 24th Dec till 2nd Jan or the first Sunday of the new year. There is a huge demands from parents to remove this as the actual winters in Delhi start from 1st week of January to the mid of January.
Do you expect an honest humane answer from an Evangelist who is out to 'seek souls'? :hitwall: That too here on def.pk :hitwall:

See the gall of Times of India:

After TOI report, govt scales down Xmas day plans, schools to stay shut

NAGPUR: The Union human resource ministry on Monday whittled down activities planned for Navodaya Vidyalayas as well as other CBSE schools on December 25 to just a "voluntary online essay competition", casting aside the planned declamation contest, quiz contest and film screening in Navodaya schools - activities that would have required these schools to be open.

The change of plan seems to have been triggered by the TOI report on a circular issued by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti on December 10, asking Navodaya schools to hold a series of activities on Christmas Day, which the Samiti said would be observed as "Good Governance Day" to mark the birthday/birth anniversary of Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Madan Mohan Malaviya. The Samiti is under the HRD ministry.

The report led to opposition MPs protesting against the move in Parliament. In Rajya Sabha, finance minister Arun Jaitley denied the report by maintaining that the only school activity planned on Christmas day was a voluntary online essay competition. In Lok Sabha parliamentary affairs minister Venkaiah Naidu said the same, and asserted that all schools would be shut for Christmas.

However, by afternoon, the circular issued by NavodayaVidyalayaSamiti on December 10 - the document which alerted TOI about the move - was out on the net, establishing that the Samitihad been planning a raft of activities on Christmas, making it apparent that it was only an afterthought to limit activities to an online essay competition. The Samiti had also sought a compliance report from the schools, showing that observance of "Good Governance Day" with activities wasn't exactly voluntary.

G S Bothyal, commissioner of the Samiti, who had issued the December 10 circular, sent out a communication to deputy commissioners late on Monday evening which said, "Since CBSE has not yet issued any circular so far regarding the activities to be undertaken on December 25, you are requested to await the issuance of the (same) before taking any further action."

"This is to clarify that CBSE has not directed any schools to remain open on December 25. All schools will follow their vacation schedule including holiday on December 25 as specifically clarified by CBSE," said a statement issued by the Human Resources Development (HRD) Ministry.

Naidu said in his statement that Navodaya schools were residential schools, and some of them don't have winter breaks. In such schools, while there will be no classes, students "will have the opportunity to participate, if they so wish, in the essay competition." When a principal of a Navodaya school was asked if there was a fresh circular from the HRD ministry, he said that the school would do as has been said in Parliament.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis declared in the assembly that schools in state will remain closed on December 25. "I spoke to human resource minister Smriti Irani over the matter and she clarified that there was no need to keep schools open for the competition as the entries would have to be submitted online," he said.

In Parliament, Congress MP from Kerala K C Venugopal raised the issue during zero hour while questioning the Samiti's circular and wanting to know why schools have been asked to conduct activities on Christmas day. In the Rajya Sabha, CPM leader Sitaram Yechury disputed Jaitley's claim that only an online essay competition has been planned for Christmas, and said the plans were much more than that.

Venugopal told TOI, "Why are they silent on the Navodaya circular and completely denying it? Does this mean that Navodaya commissioner G S Bothyal announced activities for December 25 on his own without taking his ministry into consideration? Congress party is meeting on Tuesday morning and this will be one of the issues discussed. We shall certainly follow it up till things are crystal clear on whose plan it was to have these activities at Navodaya on Christmas Day," he told TOI.

After TOI report, govt scales down Xmas day plans, schools to stay shut - The Times of India

.........................................................................................................................................................

No school on Christmas Day? TOI’s not the one who’s ‘misleading’

NAGPUR: Referring to a TOI report that drew attention to a circular issued by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti to its schools urging them to conduct certain activities on December 25, thus raising doubts as to whether December 25 would remain a holiday for Christmas, Union human resource development minister Smriti Irani denied on Monday that schools have been asked to stay open on Christmas.

The minister focused on only one of the activities listed by the HRD ministry for CBSE schools — an essay competition — and said the competition would be online and participation in it was voluntary. Irani tweeted that "all schools closed for Xmas, essay competition only online". She also said that the TOI report was deliberately misleading.

The report did not say, as the minister is claiming, that schools have been told to remain open on December 25. It reported that, as part of the birthday/birth anniversary celebrations of Atal Behari Vajpayee and Madan Mohan Malviya on that day, the HRD ministry wants schools to observe the day as 'Good Governance Day' and has set down specific activities for the children in 589 Navodaya Vidyalayas across the country.

According to a circular sent out on December 10 — which is in TOI's possession and is being carried along with this report, and which clearly establishes in the letterhead that the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti is under the HRD ministry — NVS commissioner G S Bothyal has listed the following activities for Navodaya Vidyalayas.

Declamation contest on topics related to good governance

Quiz competition

Screening of documentaries and films on best practices in good governance. Organization of various activities through child cabinets in the schools

Innovative programmes pertaining to problem-solving relating to day-to-day functioning of the school

As declamation contests, quiz competitions, film screenings or "activities through child cabinets in the school" aren't possible without students coming to school, TOI concluded that Navodaya school kids would not have their customary December 25 Christmas holiday. (The Chambers Dictionary defines 'declamation' as "a rhetorical speech", "a set speech in public" or "display in speaking in public". All of this requires physical presence; it cannot be done online.)

TOI stands by its report.

No school on Christmas Day? TOI’s not the one who’s ‘misleading’ - The Times of India

................................................................................................................................................................................................

This after

@Star Wars [USER=157630]@TejasMk3 @Not Sure @Dem!god @Marxist @DRAY @Stephen Cohen @SarthakGanguly @Sidak @Abingdonboy @Prajapati @punit @ranjeet @Mike_Brando @Sneaker @OrionHunter @JanjaWeed @Echo_419
@IndoCarib[/USER]
The ToI should be sued by the Education Ministry for spreading false news and intentionally inciting communal hatred between different communities.The ToI should come forward with a formal apology instead of misleading it's readers with false propaganda!!

If that makes you happy then so be it....
Yeah it makes me happy,so what do you want to do about it!You guys are simply spreading false propaganda against the Union Govt. and are intentionally inciting people in the name of religion and you have the audacity to defend your claim when it was refutted by the Union Education Minister herself!!

All praise for Gulf returns,If you keep your nationality above,then you would have never made such cheap disgusting posts.You are free to question missionaries,Xian terrorism,Joshua projects,but calling them as traitors,bad mouthing their history,questioning their patriotism proves you are no different from a brainwashed sanghi.

They are not minting notes in Gulf or any other part ....What I posted was based some Historical facts ,That doesen't means all Christians are anti national

Last edited:
OMG.. such hatred on Christianity and Christians? ?? great when org like Iskan etc expanding their activities in Russia etc.. You guys feel happy because of it.. but you people cry when Christian activities is taking place in India. . such a discrimination. .

in kerala its around 10 days

OMG.. such hatred on Christianity and Christians? ?? great when org like Iskan etc expanding their activities in Russia etc.. You guys feel happy because of it.. but you people cry when Christian activities is taking place in India. . such a discrimination. .

Who said we are happy about it ? please explain what benefit Indian Hindus are getting from it ? ...we never cried when conversion activities are happening (some time we make those soul hunters cry) ...

in kerala its around 10 days

Who said we are happy about it ? please explain what benefit Indian Hindus are getting from it ? ...we never cried when conversion activities are happening (some time we make those soul hunters cry) ...
ya ya.. i can see that.. heck targeting minorities is good for you guys..

TOI and other media channels some of thema t least need to be booked and charged for spreading false information.

They deserve it.

Good governance day has NOTHING to do with abolishing holidays.

Brother where did you "see" all those hatred against the Christian community!!I am a staunch Dharmic follower but i have got great respect for the entire Christian community and for Lord Jesus Christ whom i personally think as an Avatar of the Supreme Lord.I never missed a chance to visit the local churches because i find the atosphere inside the church so peaceful and calm that we can actually connect ourselves to the Supreme Lord.Every year me and my friends celebrate Christmas by sharing cakes and visiting the local churches to watch the beautiful decorations.Heck one of my friend(who is a Brahmin by caste) even had a picture of Lord Jesus Christ in his desk and he prayed to him everytime he went out to do some important job.So don't try to judge the entire Dharmic community based on the views of some fringe extrermists.We are proud of our Christian community and they are like our brothers.Btw i am only against those foreign Christian Evangelists who come to this country only to convert the gullible poor section of the Dharmic community by luring them with freebies.

Back
Top Bottom