What's new

Military's role in the identity of Pakistan

But they are not mirasis in Gujranwala. Different tribes have different social status in different places. You said the same about low status of Gujjars in indian punjab, but in Gujranwala division Gujjars are quite numerous and have same social status as jatts with respect to land holding.
sansis are even lower than gujjars...gujjars own lot of cattles but sansi are labourers and work as servents/maids.

But they are not mirasis in Gujranwala. Different tribes have different social status in different places. You said the same about low status of Gujjars in indian punjab, but in Gujranwala division Gujjars are quite numerous and have same social status as jatts with respect to land holding.

Actually he was talking about Kashmiri gujjars, their life style is completly different from punjabi gujjars. But jatt+guts have no idea about gujjars of Punjab, for him both are same people.

Actually he was talking about Kashmiri gujjars, their life style is completly different from punjabi gujjars. But jatt+guts have no idea about gujjars of Punjab, for him both are same people.
Aren't Kashmir Gujjars nomadic type people?

sansis are even lower than gujjars...gujjars own lot of cattles but sansi are labourers and work as servents/maids.

Sansis are a mysterious tribe, depending on the nature of their cultural assimilations they can range from gypsies to jatts I believe.

I think indian punjab lacks diversity of pakistani punjab in terms of tribal distribution. Their punjab is mostly jatt dominated I believe.

In Indian punjab gujjars are Sikhs?
nopes.. they are almost all muslims. they aint sedentary like in Pakistan and dnt own land but live a nomadic lifestyle. they own lot of majjah. they will own bikes cars but still live in mud huts in between stink of cow poo..tis is why they don't have a good reputation

Again BS, Azad kashmiris are either pothohari or hindkowan depending on whether they are from southern or norhtern parts of Azad kashmir. You dont know the dogri dialect, it is quite different from pothohari or hindko.

Hindko is not spoken anywhere in AJK. My point was that dogras are genetically and ethnically closer to Potoharis than they are to people from Gujranwala, Sialkot, etc. Rajput tribes like minhas and jarral are found all over AJK, Potohar and Jammu. Also, Dogras have nothing to do with Kashmiris, as majority of them are rajputs.

Also why are you being so rude? Internet warrior I suppose?

you can edit your post and remove any personnel information or you can ask the mods to remove any personal information , its not required

as for your adviser, he is obviously an idiot

you should understand that the afghans just like Indians have animosity against Pakistan stemming from the birth of Pakistan , these two countries opposed Pakistan's creation and therefore they try to stir ethnic issues in Pakistan.

Yes, i understand how he and even me could be biased... but let's say he is the only point of view I have here in Mexico... actually when i decided Pakistan as my thesis topic I had only read Ahmed Rashid's and Tariq Ali's books... but now i have read more and more
that's why i entered this forum... to make a clear picture...to try to really understand

Van muslims gujjars in India, either kashmiri or punjabi origin (by kashmiri i mean from Kashmir region, not kashmiri ethinicity)

d1.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, i understand how he and even me could be biased... but let's say he is the only point of view I have here in Mexico... actually when i decided Pakistan as my thesis topic I had only read Ahmed Rashid's and Tariq Ali's books... but now i have read more and more
that's why i entered this forum... to make a clear picture...to try to really understand

And you are most welcome ! :)

nopes.. they are almost all muslims. they aint sedentary like in Pakistan and dnt own land but live a nomadic lifestyle. they own lot of majjah. they will own bikes cars but still live in mud huts in between stink of cow poo..tis is why they don't have a good reputation

Ok now we know who they are. We also have gujjars like them in Pakistan, but in our area gujjars are settled and own land just like jats. Its likely they didnt even knew what was happening around 47, they should have migrated to Pakistan back then.

Hindko is not spoken anywhere in AJK. My point was that dogras are genetically and ethnically closer to Potoharis than they are to people from Gujranwala, Sialkot, etc. Rajput tribes like minhas and jarral are found all over AJK, Potohar and Jammu. Also, Dogras have nothing to do with Kashmiris, as majority of them are rajputs.

Also why are you being so rude? Internet warrior I suppose?

Hindko is spoken in Muzaffarabad and Neelam districts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom