What's new

military watch magazine anylsis f14 tomcat vs f15 Eagle

i've got a question to our iranian friends
how is iran managing to keep f-14s flying more than 40+ years? given that high maintanance cost and complexity with the jet... did iran reverse engineered it? when are they due to be retired?

i've got a question to our iranian friends
how is iran managing to keep f-14s flying more than 40+ years? given that high maintanance cost and complexity with the jet... did iran reverse engineered it? when are they due to be retired?
once i asked the same question from a pilot he said almost 80% of tomcat is being produced in iran locally. about f-14s they gonna serve another decade at least, the number CIA states about operational tomcats is true they are almost 25 planes but the grounded planes gonna fly in case of war, means AF grounded them to reduce the maintenance cost.

once i asked the same question from a pilot he said almost 80% of tomcat is being produced in iran locally. about f-14s they gonna serve another decade at least, the number CIA states about operational tomcats is true they are almost 25 planes but the grounded planes gonna fly in case of war, means AF grounded them to reduce the maintenance cost.
those will definitely put up a good fight against f15s don't know how it would fair out agaisnt f22s though

So what do we need to make a new tomcat from scratch and mass produce?

So what do we need to make a new tomcat from scratch and mass produce?
well he said we need to produce atleast 5 different alloys in industrial scale to be able to mass produce it, also the 20% he said we can't produce are the engines and the AWG-9.
sadly the only thing we can make from scratch are f-5 clones or planes like kowsar 88. but he said just wait 5 years, i don't know what gonna happen in next 5 years but different people from army saying that, people in AF, ADF...
we should wait and see what gonna happen.

those will definitely put up a good fight against f15s don't know how it would fair out agaisnt f22s though
well i asked that too he said no one is already lost before he fly and confront enemy, pilots are weird people and i assume in any ethnic group this is true, i never saw a fraction of fear in his words. but i fund it some kinda sad too because to be honest we know the capabilities of enemy to, our politicians should do something about the renewing our AF.

Back
Top Bottom