What's new

military watch magazine anylsis f14 tomcat vs f15 Eagle

F15C vs Tomcat = Lexus vs Corolla

Tomcat won't even see it coming.
Sir but in above link they just said only f22 has a clear edge on tomcat due to f15 radar less range it is also strange that a product which was long ago abounded by Oem how a user able in position to challenge its letest tech aircraft. I was surprise so post link of anylsis here maybe iam wrong so seniors clear any thing which other nevr knows.

Sir but in above link they just said only f22 has a clear edge on tomcat due to f15 radar less range it is also strange that a product which was long ago abounded by Oem how a user able in position to challenge its letest tech aircraft. I was surprise so post link of anylsis here maybe iam wrong so seniors clear any thing which other nevr knows.
I will wait for the "learned members" and "know it all TT's" to comment first.

Shooting down a bird when it still on the tarmac is no fun. :cheers:

F15C vs Tomcat = Lexus vs Corolla

Tomcat won't even see it coming.

Absurd.

Tomcat was the F-22 of its time in terms of technological capability. Only operator besides US was Iran. MIGs feared it.

But also like the F-22 it was costly to maintain and required maintenance. Go search how much maintenance an F-22 requires after each operation.

You can’t compare a latest block F-15 to 1970’s block F-14. I would compare it to F-14 AM but even that is not fair comparison as Iran hasn’t completely modernized the plane to the best it can be modernized.

Absurd comparison if relating to this current potential conflict as it will be much more than platform A versus platform B and more about the totality of the systems in play.

Iran is badly outclassed by the US here and will lose.

If you want to compare the two in a vacuum, you would have to compare a stock F-15C and F-14A disregarding any modifications/upgrades which we really dont know the specifics about.

The Iranians compared the older F-15A versus the F-14A and chose the Tomcat.

Although, I read something about the Shah being impressed with a flying routine by the Tomcat which influenced his choice.

Absurd.

Tomcat was the F-22 of its time in terms of technological capability. Only operator besides US was Iran. MIGs feared it.

But also like the F-22 it was costly to maintain and required maintenance. Go search how much maintenance an F-22 requires after each operation.

You can’t compare a latest block F-15 to 1970’s block F-14. I would compare it to F-14 AM but even that is not fair comparison as Iran hasn’t completely modernized the plane to the best it can be modernized.
f22 soley for usaf and 122 built, all production stopped due to extreme cost. but f22 is much superior then f35.

Absurd.

Can you tell me what is "Absurd" about my statement?

i mean if we put all latest gizmos of today then whts the scene
and where will you get all the "gizmos" from?

Back
Top Bottom