What's new

Mig 35 for Iraq

Buy F-16s Iraq. Then you can't get the stupid idea of trying to intercept our airstrikes in the North (if hostilities resume, that is)

after buying the current F16 which has string attached Iraq should go for like Russia / China planes or other planes

after buying the current F16 which has string attached Iraq should go for like Russia / China planes or other planes

Why? Iraq wants IOC for the F-16. That's when the F-16 gets effectively right for a country. Russian planes are waayy to overrated to buy:cuckoo:. China i say go with J-10. Or worse get the F/A-50 :argh:

@ptldM3

None of your talk can defy the established record in A2A combat. MIG-29 has always lost to an F series, its like flying a coffin, when you are flying against an F series.

And you can continue to believe that the mig-29 is junk based on flawed understanding and umfaforable circumstances. As stated earlier Mig-29s have achieved radar lock, the only thing that prevented the Mig-29s from scoring kills were the Mig-29 pilots killing themselves.

going back to your empty claim that About the mig-35, the Mig-35 is about as sexed up as an F-16 block 10 vs an F-16 block 60. In other words as much as someone can hate on the Mig-35 it has zero similarities to the mig-29, different radar, navigation, electronic counter measures, engines, flight controls, targeting pod, OLS, ect. So in case you still don't get it, it's an entirely different animal, neither aircraft share anything in common other then general appearance.

I am not discussing JF-17s here, so please quit trolling.

I'm strolling? Were you not the one that came into the thread and started saying (and I'll summarize), the mig is a flying coffin, the Mig-35 is a sexes up mig-29, it has horrible performance, no one wants to buy it, ect. You have not contributed anything positive or technical or even rational.

So what gives you the right to come into a thread, ruine it up and accuse others of trolling? when I mentioned the JF-17 I had a valid reason to do so, since your logic was 'the mig-35 is bad because no one wants the mig-35', I countered by stating that no one has purchased the JF-17 either.

Its better for Iraq to stick to vipers, they are time tested machines, instead of buying another sexed up Mig-29 that no one is willing to buy,not even India, Russia's closest ally.

And that can be countered by saying that those old F-16 are outdated compared to the Mig-35. By your logic why even bother with the JF-17? just stick to F-16s. Most Pakistanis claim that the JF-17 is at least as good as the F-16 even though much of the avionics are based on 1990s Chinese and Pakistani know how. Ironic though that a Mig-35 equipped with AESA, OLS, TVC, and one of the best ECM suites today can't Mach up to the F-16 but a JF-17 that lacks AESA radar, aerial refueling, TVC, WSO, AESA self defence suit, and posseses inferior kinetic performance is at least as good as the F-16. Mind you all of this is with avionics that are a good 2 generations behind whatever the Mig-35 has.

Last edited by a moderator:
And you can continue to believe that the mig-29 is junk based on flawed understanding and umfaforable circumstances. As stated earlier Mig-29s have achieved radar lock, the only thing that prevented the Mig-29s from scoring kills were the Mig-29 pilots killing themselves.
Mig's were popular when several F-15's shot em down. Mig-29 appeared as the deadliest aircraft in 1990, but bam became a fiasco in A2A combat.:omghaha: It's still a popular aircraft today. I think it was the pilots that weren't trained enough because the countries who owned the Mig-29 couldn't afford much to train pilots. It costs too much to train your buddy or you GIB properly. :no:

the mig is a flying coffin, the Mig-35 is a sexes up mig-29, it has horrible performance, no one wants to buy it, ect. You have not contributed anything positive or technical or even rational.
No it isn't :disagree: We know the Mig has a horrible kill ratio :cry:, but the trained pilots can easily make the Mig-29/35 great in combat. I'm no Mig fanboy but if it's a flying coffin or piano then why did Russia sell and produce it? :blink:

Mig 25 had better combat records during the first gulf war, it forced several F15s and AWACS to abort their mission after firing missiles, the F15s could not get the MIG 25 because of its speed and missile range.

Mig 29s are inferior to the coalition used aircraft supported by AWACS and Electronic warfare pods, its not fair to compare that, integrate a mig 35 squadron in the US air force and im sure it will do good against their F16s.

The F-15 107-aces record speaks for itself, my friend.
Mig 25 had better combat records during the first gulf war, it forced several F15s and AWACS to abort their mission after firing missiles, the F15s could not get the MIG 25 because of its speed and missile range.

Air engagements of the Gulf War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The air engagements of the gulf war though, you cannot use it to simply compare aircrafts, not mentioning superior NATO training, the US has used AWACS and electronic warfare to blind Iraqi aircraft.

1 of this incident is when 2 Saudi F15 shot down 2 Mirage bombers, a US awacs was involved which could have been using electronic jamming .

The RSAF has been operating AWACS for more than 4 decades, I don't think they would need someone else's help.

Anyway, we don't have to look at the Gulf war air combat accounts to evaluate the F-15's outstanding performance.
Air engagements of the Gulf War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The air engagements of the gulf war though, you cannot use it to simply compare aircrafts, not mentioning superior NATO training, the US has used AWACS and electronic warfare to blind Iraqi aircraft.

1 of this incident is when 2 Saudi F15 shot down 2 Mirage bombers, a US awacs was involved which could have been using electronic jamming .

The RSAF has been operating AWACS for more than 4 decades, I don't think they would need someone else's help.

Anyway, we don't have to look at the Gulf war air combat accounts to evaluate the F-15's outstanding performance.

Its an example of why electronic warfare was responsible for them not responding to the 2 F15s.

Mig 29s are inferior to the coalition used aircraft supported by AWACS and Electronic warfare pods, its not fair to compare that, integrate a mig 35 squadron in the US air force and im sure it will do good against their F16s.

Mig 29 were not inferior to the coalition aircraft in the hand of a good pilot. Saddam killed all the best pilots but the mediocre one. Even, with all the technology that the west put against them, they took to the skies ....that balls!

For the MIG 35, The mig complex is dead with the MIG 35...You have better chance to see the SU35 in the Iraqi sky than the MIG 35.

Its an example of why electronic warfare was responsible for them not responding to the 2 F15s.
Point taken. I would love seeing Iraq going after a European-made Aircraft though :smart: not a Mig-35 ..

Mig 29 were not inferior to the coalition aircraft in the hand of a good pilot. Saddam killed all the best pilots but the mediocre one. Even, with all the technology that the west put against them, they took to the skies ....that balls!

For the MIG 35, The mig complex is dead with the MIG 35...You have better chance to see the SU35 in the Iraqi sky than the MIG 35.

Why did Algeria return a few MiG-29s to Russia? Was it because they were a bit inferior compared with the Su-30s they have in hand?

The have this record against $hitty air forces, ones which had no AWACS or BVR.

Russian planes are usually superior in Aerodynamic characteristics while Western one's in Avionics.( F-22 not counted)

Why did Algeria return a few MiG-29s to Russia? Was it because they were a bit inferior compared with the Su-30s they have in hand?

MIG 29 and SU 3o is built around different concept. SU30 is considered better because it could do most of the jobs that MIG could do but not vice versa.

MIG could have a future in Naval Aviation iff Russia decide on Ski Jump carriers instead of CARTOBAR as Sukhois are too heavy to fly from a Ski Jump Carrier.

The have this record against $hitty air forces, ones which had no AWACS or BVR.

Russian planes are usually superior in Aerodynamic characteristics while Western one's in Avionics.( F-22 not counted)

It could be, yes.

Back
Top Bottom