What's new

Metro Train Pact Today

Faisalabad deserves it before Multan as we are twice the size of Multan in population. And above that contribute 60% of exports. Kamau beton ka pehla haq hota hay.
Pyaray bhai Faisalabad has much better infrastructure and planning. Plus Metro is planned for both Faisalabad and Multan.

That makes it even more obvious.Then how common man getting subsidy is wrong when he is the one who is paying it one way or another....

Subsidy in Pakistan is paying 20Rs. extra on other things to get discount of 10Rs. on one thing.

Pyaray bhai Faisalabad has much better infrastructure and planning. Plus Metro is planned for both Faisalabad and Multan.

Bamu Bhai and @LoveIcon - I had the chance to meet one of the top management guys responsible for the construction of the Sialkot Airport and he was telling me that it took us 1/5th the amount to build an entire airport from scratch that it took PM Gilani Sahib just to renovate the Multan Airport and I was like :o: !

Well as long as it really is a train and not another bus system then i am down with it. We need such inner city train systems and most of all subways without a doubt. Hopefully it will be expanded to other cities and slowly link the capitals of each province together.

Go back to Toba Tek Singh ! :mad:

Ya phir bhateiii key tooor par yearly supply of kinnow deiin tou Lahore mein reh sakteiii hain ! :sarcastic:

You're right but I think that if subsidization can happen elsewhere than its alright if it happens here too but like always SS can't seem to manage his image properly; if this had happened alongside 2-3 mega-projects in the rest of Punjab than politicians wouldn't be able to exploit it as a 'Lahore = Punjab' thing but expecting politicians in Pakistan to have a brain is hoping for the impossible !

Toba Tek Singh main gunnay (sugar cans) bhi hote hain - :cool:

I am 100% against subsidization - If you want to uplift people than find other ways to assist people lagging behind and help them to stand on their feet. Re: Mega project in Lahore - important thing to note is that mango man don't say that Lahore is having metro while we don't have but Lahore is having metro when we don't have sewage, water, school etc. So, at this stage providing basic necessities to others will be far more effective than initiating mega projects just to impress people.

Huzoor-e-walaaa....the Provincial Governments are responsible for their Provinces !

Everything from the Law & Order situation in Karachi to the lack of Foreign Investment in Sindh is the responsibility of the Provincial Government of Sindh - Not the Federal Government !

And this, by the way, is a Project initiated by the Punjab Government not the Federal Government !

The only way I see for the Federal Government to interfere in the affairs of Karachi in particular and Sindh in general is through dismissing the Provincial Government and imposing Governor Raj therein - Do we really want that ?

Otherwise what do expect the Federal Government to do ? After months upon months of waiting the PM finally called the Provincial Government on the deteriorating law & order situation and if that doesn't jolt the Provincial Government what do you expect the Federal Government to do ?

Usurp their Rights ?

Tell them that because of their blatant failures they are no longer responsible for running the Province and the management is going to be taken over by the Federal Government ?

Well federal govt would have to play its role. If Sindh govt is not delivering then it is the duty of the federal to intervene and force the provincial govt to deliver so that level of development remains the same throughout the country. At least in the biggest cities of Pakistan. What we are seeing is that while Lahore is being developed 24/7 while on the other hand Karachi is left to rot. In every six months if Nawaz Sharif heads a meeting about Karachi then he is not doing an ehsan on us. It is his responsibility. At present it is like you guys have done bandar baant of Pakistan. Sindh is given to robbers of PPP. Punjab is taken by PML(N). Now since PPP is genetically chor so it is the fate of Karachi to rot and it is the fate of Karachiites to die despite paying taxes to the federal govt.

Karachi is not PPP's right. If it isn't delivering then it is the right of federal govt to intervene. Last time development was done in Mushi's era. Yeah the same guy who you want to try for treason. Now what should we do. Wait for another urdu speaking army chief to stage a coup and only then Karachi would be able to see some development.

Bamu Bhai and @LoveIcon - I had the chance to meet one of the top management guys responsible for the construction of the Sialkot Airport and he was telling me that it took us 1/5th the amount to build an entire airport from scratch that it took PM Gilani Sahib just to renovate the Multan Airport and I was like :o: !

Multan Airport was renovated? When this happened? :what:

Well federal govt would have to play its role. If Sindh govt is not delivering then it is the duty of the federal to intervene and force the provincial govt to deliver so that level of development remains the same throughout the country. At least in the biggest cities of Pakistan. What we are seeing is that while Lahore is being developed 24/7 while on the other hand Karachi is left to rot. In every six months if Nawaz Sharif heads a meeting about Karachi then he is not doing an ehsan on us. It is his responsibility. At present it is like you guys have done bandar baant of Pakistan. Sindh is given to robbers of PPP. Punjab is taken by PML(N). Now since PPP is genetically chor so it is the fate of Karachi to rot and it is the fate of Karachiites to die despite paying taxes to the federal govt.

Karachi is not PPP's right. If it isn't delivering then it is the right of federal govt

Oh bhai what is the solution ?

Dismissing the Sindh Government ?

How can you expect the Federal Government to dictate the Sindh Government in matters that, after the 18th Amendment, are not theirs to dictate ?

Multan Airport was renovated? When this happened? :what:

2009 mein shuruu hovaa thaaa...Multan International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I don't know how long it went on !

Dear - You can't simply brush pathetic performance of Sindh govt. by blaming it on federal govt. - I am sure if Sindh gets competent chief minister than Karachi being mega city can attract way more investors than Lahore. You can see Punjab govt. trying to do something, KPK govt. is also trying to do something, you agree with projects of these governments or not is separate thing but you must acknowledge that they are up to something- What Sindh government is doing? i never heard Qaim Ali Shah & Zardari talking about development projects (other than bribery schemes like Income Support), Nor i am aware of any effort that they went somewhere to persuade Investors - but again persuasion for what, they don't have any plan other than loot - couple of energy projects initiated in Sindh are also with collaboration of federal government.

And how I am putting blame on federal govt only while I have condemned both Sindh govt and the federal govt in the post you quoted?

2009 mein shuruu hovaa thaaa...Multan International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I don't know how long it went on !

That under construction building is still at same stage as shown in picture. So, he haven't spent even 1/5th on actual project.

Oh bhai what is the solution ?

Dismissing the Sindh Government ?

How can you expect the Federal Government to dictate the Sindh Government in matters that, after the 18th Amendment, are not theirs to dictate ?

So what is the role of federal govt. To sit and watch while the biggest city of Pakistan goes to gutters?

Karachi is not PPP's right. If it isn't delivering then it is the right of federal govt to intervene. Last time development was done in Mushi's era. Yeah the same guy who you want to try for treason. Now what should we do. Wait for another urdu speaking army chief to stage a coup and only then Karachi would be able to see some development.

MQM was among the parties which voted in favour of 18th amendment. More autonomy to provinces has been a long standing demand of MQM. MQM has enough power in provincial assembly to force PPP in this issue, sadly I don't see MQM even trying for it.

When Federation intervenes it then becomes Punjab usurping the rights of smaller provinces, Punjab has been the punching bag for every failure for too long. Now that provinces are autonomous their failures are their own, intervention by Federation will needlessly complicate issues.

So what is the role of federal govt. To sit and watch while the biggest city of Pakistan goes to gutters?

The same role MQM voted for in 18th amendment.

Back
Top Bottom