What's new

Metro Train Pact Today

Well paying customers drive. This is meant to transport the average guy from a to b. Revenues will be massive regardless.
Revenue can go to hell if there are losses. PIA makes billions in revenue, and half of that is losses.
Metro tickets should not be sold at loss. If people can't afford it, they don't deserve it. The gov't needs to look at other options then.

Subsidy should be given to education, a right. Cheap transportation is not a right.

"well paying customer drive." Some people can't afford cars, nor they like rickshaws. So they'll pay extra money to travel in train. If train is crowded, they'll take taxi, which is more expensive.

If you've ever taken economics, you'd know that people will pay different amount for train ticket. If someone gives me train half full, I'd pay $5. Crowded, I'll pay $1. Get it?

Better example, I don't want to travel in PIA because it's filled with crying babies, careless moms, awful crew, old planes. I pay extra to other airlines. PIA can have their full load with low paying customers, but other airlines with profit paying customers will fly even with half the capacity.

A metro train company is offered billions, so one person can travel, and they make profit. Whereas a train is crowded, but people pay very less and they make heavy losses. Which train company is going to survive? Sure, gov't can bail out train like it does for PIA. But education needs bail out, not trains.

Last edited:
photo-8.JPG

Back
Top Bottom