What's new

Metro Train Pact Today

How long has PPP been ruling sindh? How long punjab under PMLn? Has karachi always been under MQM(Since altaf bhai came)?

They are also looking to extend this project to other Lines. (Green, Blue and Purple). Total length of the system including Orange Line will be 97 km

10274279_578785362220752_2422917627082935085_n.jpg

97 Kilometer Metro Routes including Green Blue Purple and Orange... Construction of Orange Line Metro will start in November

Lahore-Metro-Train-Route-Map-from-Ali-Town-to-Dere-Gujjran.jpg

On right side sir.. i know Green is same route as of Metro bus but this is the map of Lahore Metro system

That's what i am asking, will they shutdown metro buses on this route? as train and bus on same route don't make any sense. If they will stop buses than why wasted money on this, why they haven't started train at first place?

That's what i am asking, will they shutdown metro buses on this route? as train and bus on same route don't make any sense. If they will stop buses than why wasted money on this, why they haven't started train at first place?

I don't think the Money is wasted all they need to do is lay the Track cause route is already built they dont have to start it from zero lets see what will they do to it time will tell

someone said buses are on lease, so i suppose they'll be replaced by trains... Still doesn't make sense. Trains wouldn't require as big road as buses.... I guess they needed something before election and metro bus was viable?

Nonetheless, the roads are elevated and green line probably can do one express train, which stops are fewer stations and one normal train. It happens in nyc and Paris. This way the entire elevated road can be utilized better. But it depends if green route is busy one, I don't live in Pakistan. NYC and Paris, they've busy routes, hence multiple trains. Mind you, both places have undergroud trains hehe

red line is on right side of image.

Happy to see trains being used in Pakistan. So tired of these polluted rickshaws, taxis... Here, they use $30,000 taxi, to protect environment, which runs on electric mostly. In Pakistan, petrol is subsidise, so they just buy cheapest, oldest, zero safety cars.

This also means less cars n road, less carelessness. And the lesser the rickshaws, the faster flow of traffic, as rickshaws make quick turns etc which slows down traffic. Plus noise pollution.

Last edited:
Their metro charges an appropriate price. Here, the metro tickets will be subsidized. This means, trains will be crowded and well paying customers will turn away. It's better to have small well paying customers than large poor paying customers (through subsidy). But then, PML needs votes, so, they'll have free tickets for few days etc.

Their metro charges an appropriate price. Here, the metro tickets will be subsidized. This means, trains will be crowded and well paying customers will turn away. It's better to have small well paying customers than large poor paying customers (through subsidy). But then, PML needs votes, so, they'll have free tickets for few days etc.

Well paying customers drive. This is meant to transport the average guy from a to b. Revenues will be massive regardless.

Back
Top Bottom