What's new

Metro Train Pact Today

Well Shahbaz shareif did say it will be subsidized.
Well then the whole of Punjab would pay for this, when there are serious socio-economic issues to deal with. Its very clear that priorities of this govt are not for benefit of Punjab. They are only looking at Lahore.

@cb4 can you confirm this?

10375952_634627809954082_6852648294617041731_n.jpg

Well then the whole of Punjab would pay for this, when there are serious socio-economic issues to deal with. Its very clear that priorities of this govt are not for benefit of Punjab. They are only looking at Lahore.

@cb4 can you confirm this?

It depends if its profitable....

Public Transit is always subsidized. Look at India. Delhi Metro is perhaps one of the most profitable system in the world. Ask any Indian member here and they will tell you how pleased they are.

Last edited:

Public Transit is always subsidized. Look at India. Delhi Metro is perhaps one of the most profitable system in the world. Ask any Indian member here and they will tell you how pleased they are.
I'm afraid I already know the answer then. Let's wait for the day Metro bus fare is made realistic by removing subsidy. Until then there is no hope for this new project to actually turn a profit to pay for itself.

Yaar aik lyari express way pata nahi 30 saal pehle plan hoi, 10 saal pehle construction shuru hoi aur aaj tak jaari hai... So for now is tasvir se hi dil bharo... When cities around the world will have maglev and flying cars maybe then Karachi will get metro/kcr... Hamara shahar yateem hai:)

Lawaris shehar hai bhai. Yeh bhi yaad rakho liyari express way ki tameer kis kai daur main shuro hoi. Musharraf kai daur main. Us kai baad sai aaj tak woh project poora nahi hua. Phir kehtai hain karachi walai tasub kartai hain. Mujhai nahi lagta karachi ko kuch milai ga. Yahan log W11 kai dandai sai latak kar hi safar karain gai. :)

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: Insha Allah we will see Metro in Islamabad-Rawalpindi Faisalabad Multan and Gujranwala... Faisalabad Metro will start after budget

Make one metro in Nawaz's bathroom too. He needs that.

Those who sick minded people here saying this that whole punjab is gonna pay for this or he is only making progress in Lahore let me tell you guys that let me tell you that Lahore is the capital of Punjab many thousand people need to travel and many people came from small towns everyday and the project is not using any amount China is providing soft loan for the project so stop saying that Punjab people will pay or they are neglected... they are building roads and hospitals in every part of punjab remember muzaffargarh Turkey made the hospital there for rest you can see on Development in Pakistan thread.... Punjab gov ne schools ki fees bhi khtam krdi hain ab koi apne bache ko school na bhejy unki ghalti in projects ki wajha se kitne logon ko rozaar mile ga yeh daikna ni hai Pindi me bhi Metro bn rhi is k bad Faisalabad me bhi bne gi us k bad Multan and Gujranwala me so have some patience

18th amendment blah blah. Like you guys were making Karachi paris before 18th amendment.

Ask PPP as i said you guys voted for them if they are not doing smthing ask them y blaming Nawaz for that PPP pass the 18th amendment... they are saying blah blah blah to you ryt now

18th amendment blah blah. Like you guys were making Karachi paris before 18th amendment.

PPP Thar me to kuch kar ni saki 250+ children died there when Punjab send some food and water there PPP refused aisa q??? KPK me imdad bheji to wo poncha di but punjab kuch kre to sbko aag lag jati hai... koi project aisa bta do jis pe sb roi na hn koi project Punjab punjab krte rehte hain k Punjab kha rha sb kuch is wajha se Kalabagh dam ni bn rha wahan KPK wale ro rhy wahan sindh wale har saal flood aai tabahi kr k chala jai us me khush hain magar dam ni bn'ne daina mar jaien gai q q k punjab ko faida hoga Beta Sooch bdlo sooch tbdeeli tb aai gi Imran khan ko vote dene se tbdeeli aati to kb ki aajani thi

Last edited:

yahan pe beth k awaz uthana bht asan hai agar himat hai na to sindh asembly ya MQM se kaho na k karachi me transport k liye kya kr rhy hain??? or wese bhi 18th amendment se pehle b wahan PPP thi MQM thi aaj bhi PPP hai MQM hai or yhi rhe gi or karachi suffer krta rhe ga jb tk yeh sale mar ni jate ya chale ni jate 16 saal se MQM karachi ki seats jeet rhi hai har gov ka hisa rhi hai unse poocho agar bori na tayar hui to kehna

Karachi is a very important city and major gateway of Pakistan, Sindh posses enormous potential both under ground as well as above. It is being neglected and mismanaged by PPP & MQM. They have done absolutely nothing in the last 6/7 years.

In light of the above Sindh should be handed over to the Army for a period of 5 years. Then see how it is developed!

The other option would be to sit on your behinds, and pray that these corrupt PPP & MQM politicians spend 0.5% of the taxpayers money on the taxpayer!

$1.6bn Lahore metro train deal signed with China

LAHORE: Pakistan and China signed on Thursday a $1.6 billion agreement for a metro train project in Punjab, the first of its kind in the country.

Financed by China, the Orange Line Metro Train Project will be completed within three years and Chinese companies will design, construct and monitor the project. The Punjab government will provide all facilities for speedy completion of the project.

The work on the project will start this year and will be completed within 27 months.

The signing ceremony of the agreement, witnessed by President Mamnoon Hussain and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping, was held in Shanghai.

Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif and the Chairman of China’s National Development and Reform Commission, Xu-Shaoshi, signed the agreement.

Speaking on the occasion, Mr Shahbaz said the project would help an estimated 250,000 passengers a day and the number would go up to 500,000 by 2025.

He said the project would be completed within the stipulated period and after completion it would be extended to other cities of the province.

He said the PML-N leadership had promised to the masses provision of modern travelling facilities and this agreement with China was meant to fulfil that promise. He thanked China for helping Pakistan in this and several other development projects in the country.

The metro train project route will be from Thokar Niaz Baig, Multan Road, Chauburji, The Mall, Laxmi Chowk, Railway Station, Garhi Shahu Bridge, GT Road, Pakistan Mint up to Dera Gujran.

The total length of the project is 27.1km and its 25.4km track will be elevated.

Earlier, addressing a meeting held under the chairmanship of Chinese President Xi Jinping, Mr Shahbaz Sharif said that eradication of poverty was essential to eliminate extremism from Pakistan and the country could defeat terrorism and extremism only by acquiring modern education and emulating the example set by China for fast progress and prosperity.

PRESIDENT LAUDS TIES WITH CHINA: President Mamnoon Hussain has said that multifaceted partnership between Pakistan and China with focus on economic and trade relations, will usher in an era of prosperity for the people.

According to Ms Saba Mohsin, the Press Secretary to Mamnoon Hussain, the president expressed these views during a meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping on the sidelines of conference on interaction and confidence building measures in Asia (CICA).

She said the two leaders discussed bilateral, regional and international issues of mutual interest.

President Mamnoon congratulated his Chinese counterpart on assuming the chair of CICA. He expressed the confidence that under the leadership of President Xi Jinping, this forum would play a meaningful role in peace and development in Asia and beyond.

The two leaders expressed satisfaction on the China-Pakistan Economic corridor and called for speedy completion of the projects.

$1.6bn Lahore metro train deal signed with China - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

I'm afraid I already know the answer then. Let's wait for the day Metro bus fare is made realistic by removing subsidy. Until then there is no hope for this new project to actually turn a profit to pay for itself.

Im afraid you folks are slightly wrong here.

Delhi Metro is operationally profitable. That means it makes a profit daily.

That means that the it is profitable once the capital costs are removed. The major costs of setting up the infrastructure is not included because those are massive costs and will take decades to recover.

Oh and @Chak Bamu - Cut and Cover is not underground proper. It means slightly below ground level where the top comes to the surface level, am I correct?

Why they can't make it underground even if it takes more years and money? Waste of space in crowded city like Lahore. But since Chinese are investing it Pakistan don't have much choice.

Back
Top Bottom