What's new

Meet Owj: Iran’s First Indigenous Fighter Jet Engine

Congratulations Iran. Its a big milestone in aviation industry.

From the appearance of it, this engine looks much smaller in size. Will Qahr-313 be powered by the same?

@Erl I think you are mistaken to think that US is only strong "in her boundaries in it's own continent but in west Asia, we recognize them equal to us." You have been drinking your own cool aid far too long. Good luck convincing rational people with that argument.

I don't mean to offend Iranian members here, but a lot of IRI "achievements" can't really be verified, some are just too comical, still others are accepted just because Press TV has a blurb about it, or some IRIGC official says "we will... soon", yet "soon" never comes around. 30-40 year old technology passed as state of art, or claiming to have indigenize some technology, while all evidence points to the opposite, as stated by @Mark Pyruz, has only undermine IRI's credibility.
Either way you can keep drinking your vodka, dreaming of being world's greatest supel powell LOL.
And it's 30-45 years that USA could do nothing wrong in Persian gulf.
You Americans are a great Internet warriors but you cried when you saw an ordinary Persian soldier who served as coast guard not even an special marine force.
Owj ("Zenith") project appears to be reconditioned General Electric J85-GE-21 series turbojet, involving the use of some parts manufactured in Iran and some available as aftermarket parts. This is a necessity, given the lack of access to GE Aviation factory support.

Iran continues to seek out purchases of J85-GE-21 series turbojets and parts on the world market, as well as by means of subterfuge here in the U.S.

Greater claims of "indigenous design and manufacture" for the Owj project appear intended to serve political purposes.
That's a lie, Owj project has begun with J-85 and J-90 is derived from it. The first flight of Saeqeh fighter was done at
Juli 2004. In fact Iran has produced first copies of J-85s in early 2000's. But those engines were not completely reliable and required further studies.
Meanwhile They are developing heavy turbo jet engines from J-90 with 40,000 lb of trust. Changing turbo jets to turbo fans can take 1 year at it's maximum. So Iran has almost 2 years to achieve those engines. I should mind you Iran has produced of 20,000 lb of thrust for turbo jet engines about 17 years ago but those versions were mostly unreliable engines. When Iran unveils something, consider it as a reliable claim. I trust Iran's scientists.
Look at it's first flight and stop being sarcastic :::
Capture.JPG

Congratulations Iran. Its a big milestone in aviation industry.

From the appearance of it, this engine looks much smaller in size. Will Qahr-313 be powered by the same?
That's true mate. Qaher will fly equipped with a single heavy turbo jet engine. Probably will be unveiled by 2018-2019.

Would be nice if we could have had a collaboration on the Engine for our UAV needs in Pakistan
Really a fantastic achivement :tup:

The planes we have UAV are all propellar based smaller solutions mostly for recon

Shahpar+Tactical+Unmanned+Aerial+Vehicles+%2528UAV%2529+system+pakistan+army+air+force+armed+missile+fired++%25283%2529.jpg

Any news when we can see the new engine being used in a plane would be great to see in action

Last edited:
Only in your opinion. USA is strong only in her boundaries in it's own continent but in west Asia, we recognize them equal to us. They are cowards hidden behind NUKEs and don't doubt we have prepared thousands of coffins for their soldiers to send them back to their families. You may tell me they have ICBMs, it's true but why should you think that USA is not in our range?! While we have sent light satellites into orbit!!! Don't underestimate our missile capabilities. And don't expect us to appear in media shouting "we have USA in our range". It will give them a good excuse to surround us by THAAD.

Yeah as i said, only within it's own continent.

I cannot deny their technological superiority to other countries but in the meantime they are not unrival at least in Persian gulf they already bowed to us. hahhah uncle Sam a humiliated clown in our territorial waters.
Crying marines and special forces of US naval forces ::::

http://en.alalam.ir/video/1788074

What a pathetic cowards. It made us feel pity for them then released them to their moms after 24 hours. Suckling babies
First of all, that video you posted shows just how unprofessional the Iranians acted towards US forces, it was uncalled for.

Second, your argument is the opposite of the truth. A single US battle group is enough to take out Iran's military forces, Even without nukes, the US has the edge in every single indication, over the rest of the world.

You may consider Iran an equal to the US, but reality is far harsher than your rose tinted glasses.

A single US battle group is enough to take out Iran's military forces
:lol: :rofl:
Forgive me sir. You know nothing of Iran-US relations. You imagine Americans are beautiful angels that were saying hello to Iranians carrying flowers on their boats in Persian gulf and bad bad Iranians caught them in a savage manner. Because Iran had violated their boats with it's national waters. In fact Iran was violating their space. And Iran is guilty here
I would suppose you are a US-lover since now because you don't care they were violating Iran's territorial waters.

:lol: :rofl:
Forgive me sir. You know nothing of Iran-US relations. You imagine Americans are beautiful angels that were saying hello to Iranians carrying flowers on their boats in Persian gulf and bad bad Iranians caught them in a savage manner. Because Iran had violated their boats with it's national waters. In fact Iran was violating their space. And Iran is guilty here
I would suppose you are a US-lover since now because you don't care they were violating Iran's territorial waters.
FYI, there is no inherent ban on any ships entering a country's territorial waters...

Second, your argument is the opposite of the truth. A single US battle group is enough to take out Iran's military forces, Even without nukes, the US has the edge in every single indication, over the rest of the world.
our missile forces can easily take care of not just one U.S battle group, but all of them.

You may consider Iran an equal to the US, but reality is far harsher than your rose tinted glasses.
That's why it's called asymmetric warfare.

Either way you can keep drinking your vodka, dreaming of being world's greatest supel powell LOL.
And it's 30-45 years that USA could do nothing wrong in Persian gulf.
You Americans are a great Internet warriors but you cried when you saw an ordinary Persian soldier who served as coast guard not even an special marine force.

That's a lie, Owj project has begun with J-85 and J-90 is derived from it. The first flight of Saeqeh fighter was done at
Juli 2004. In fact Iran has produced first copies of J-85s in early 2000's. But those engines were not completely reliable and required further studies.
Meanwhile They are developing heavy turbo jet engines from J-90 with 40,000 lb of trust. Changing turbo jets to turbo fans can take 1 year at it's maximum. So Iran has almost 2 years to achieve those engines. I should mind you Iran has produced of 20,000 lb of thrust for turbo jet engines about 17 years ago but those versions were mostly unreliable engines. When Iran unveils something, consider it as a reliable claim. I trust Iran's scientists.
Look at it's first flight and stop being sarcastic :::
View attachment 372606

That's true mate. Qaher will fly equipped with a single heavy turbo jet engine. Probably will be unveiled by 2018-2019.

@Erl FYI, Americans' favorite drink is bourbon, not vodka. Let me remind you of what we have done in the last 30+ years in "your" backyard: 1- Pushed Saddam Houssien out of Kuwait, 2- Removed Taliban from power (something IRI could not even contemplate) , 3- Removed Saddam Houssien from power (something IRI could not do in 8 years, America achieved in less than 2 months), 4- Keeping IRI/IRIGC in check. Should I go on?

Your problem is that you believe that a heavily edited propaganda piece by IRIGC is evidence of US's weakness. It's not. Don't believe me, fight a Marine, instead of unarmed Iranian youths who long for a better, freer life (let me remind you that the world witnessed IRI's treatment of its own citizens in 2009).

our missile forces can easily take care of not just one U.S battle group, but all of them.

That's why it's called asymmetric warfare.
If a war broke btw Iran & US , US will crush you, that is known even by top iranian commander or any "rational guy". The problem is the invasion part... Iran has 2 solutions: if the population of iran is with the gov, then US will surely take years and years to invade, in that situation, it's a 50/50 chance. BUT if the population is against or at least a large part of Iranians works or stay silent to the invasion, then Iran is lost, it will be something like Iraq.

The above two posters are ignorant of both Iran's internal dynaimcs and of international dynamics in the middle east.

FYI, there is no inherent ban on any ships entering a country's territorial waters...
There is no innocent passage of US warships entering Iran's waters as far as Iran is concerned. And we determine if the passage is innocent, not anyone else, because it's our territorial waters.

@Erl FYI, Americans' favorite drink is bourbon, not vodka. Let me remind you of what we have done in the last 30+ years in "your" backyard: 1- Pushed Saddam Houssien out of Kuwait, 2- Removed Taliban from power (something IRI could not even contemplate) , 3- Removed Saddam Houssien from power (something IRI could not do in 8 years, America achieved in less than 2 months), 4- Keeping IRI/IRIGC in check. Should I go on?

Your problem is that you believe that a heavily edited propaganda piece by IRIGC is evidence of US's weakness. It's not. Don't believe me, fight a Marine, instead of unarmed Iranian youths who long for a better, freer life (let me remind you that the world witnessed IRI's treatment of its own citizens in 2009).
and this is what we did to you:
U.S+Soviet+Europe+Arab monarchies helped Saddam yet couldn't defeat Iran
Afghanistan & Iraq became our ally and U.S payed for it! U.S neither destroyed Taliban nor Al-Qaeda.
our proxies kicked U.S out of Iraq.
our proxies kicked U.S and it's ally Israel out of Lebanon.
U.S+Europe+Arab monarchies were defeated in Syria.
soon the same thing will happen in Yemen and Bahrain.

don't worry about our youth, it's U.S who controls the unrest with military tools and kills its civilian like middle ages barbarians.

If a war broke btw Iran & US , US will crush you, that is known even by top iranian commander or any "rational guy". The problem is the invasion part... Iran has 2 solutions: if the population of iran is with the gov, then US will surely take years and years to invade, in that situation, it's a 50/50 chance. BUT if the population is against or at least a large part of Iranians works or stay silent to the invasion, then Iran is lost, it will be something like Iraq.
actually it's just your delusion.

this is the facts admitted by American themselves:

In Millennium Challenge 2002’s war scenario, Iran would react to U.S. aggression by launching a massive barrage of missiles that would overwhelm the U.S. and destroy sixteen U.S. naval vessels – an aircraft carrier, ten cruisers, and five amphibious ships. It is estimated that if this had happened in real war theatre context, more than 20,000 U.S. servicemen would have been killed in the first day following the attack.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-ge...be-defeated-by-iran-in-the-persian-gulf/28516

You were not alone when you attacked Iraq it was a coalition and Iraqi army was exhausted after 8 years of war with Iran.
In Afghanistan it was Iranian "the Northern Alliance" ally which retook Kabul , not to mention the US support was important too ... and removal of Saddam after 13 years of sanctions and while no fly zone was imposed and 2 wars that destroyed Iraqi army and embargo that prevented Iraq to purchase new weapons was not that much hard ...

It's Iraq situation back in 90s:

Afghanistan & Iraq became our ally and U.S payed for it! U.S neither destroyed Taliban nor Al-Qaeda.

don't worry about our youth, it's U.S who controls the unrest with military tools and kills its civilian like middle ages barbarians.

@Erl I don't dispute the fact that IRI has created a sphere of influence around itself. That was not in dispute. I challenged you to be realistic about IRI's capabilities, especially when it comes to superpowers and uberpower like the US. It does not serve your country and your people.

I am not worried about your youth, although it's interesting, typical really, that you would blame the US for the "unrest" in your country. Is IRI ever at fault for anything? Like the massive corruption of its elites? Or having the highest brain drain in the world? Blaming others for all your ills is a cop out to deflect your shortcomings.

Does the US undermine IRI? Of course, IRI is a sworn enemy of the US, and if we did not fight IRI that would be treasonous of our intelligence and military people. We have been fighting a cold war for over 30 years. But you don't hear us attributing our unemployment, rural and urban decay, poverty, or drug epidemic to IRI. We are grown ups and are aware that our political and economic institutions are imperfect and inefficient. You, on the other hand, are dogmatic and forbearing of the facts, and always believe the "official" line and propaganda that is fed to you. Ask yourself this simple question: if your government allocates more money (check IRI's current fiscal budget) to seminary students than to education, will your youth ever be able to attain their full potential? And why should seminary students and institutions receive a bigger portion of Iran's national treasure?

You were not alone when you attacked Iraq it was a coalition and Iraqi army was exhausted after 8 years of war with Iran.
In Afghanistan it was Iranian "the Northern Alliance" ally which retook Kabul , not to mention the US support was important too ... and removal of Saddam after 13 years of sanctions and while no fly zone was imposed and 2 wars that destroyed Iraqi army and embargo that prevented Iraq to purchase new weapons was not that much hard ...

It's Iraq situation back in 90s:

You are right, it was a coalition, with US military might, that brought down the Taliban and Saddam. I don't recall your navy or air force partake during any of the campaigns. IRI did contribute advisors on the ground to its Afghani and Iraqi allies, no doubt. But your tanks, fighter jets, or boots on the ground were no where to be found near the theaters of war.

this is the facts admitted by American themselves:

@Erl I don't dispute the fact that IRI has created a sphere of influence around itself. That was not in dispute. I challenged you to be realistic about IRI's capabilities, especially when it comes to superpowers and uberpower like the US. It does not serve your country and your people.

I am not worried about your youth, although it's interesting, typical really, that you would blame the US for the "unrest" in your country. Is IRI ever at fault for anything? Like the massive corruption of its elites? Or having the highest brain drain in the world? Blaming others for all your ills is a cop out to deflect your shortcomings.

Does the US undermine IRI? Of course, IRI is a sworn enemy of the US, and if we did not fight IRI that would be treasonous of our intelligence and military people. We have been fighting a cold war for over 30 years. But you don't hear us attributing our unemployment, rural and urban decay, poverty, or drug epidemic to IRI. We are grown ups and are aware that our political and economic institutions are imperfect and inefficient. You, on the other hand, are dogmatic and forbearing of the facts, and always believe the "official" line and propaganda that is fed to you. Ask yourself this simple question: if your government allocates more money (check IRI's current fiscal budget) to seminary students than to education, will your youth ever be able to attain their full potential? And why should seminary students and institutions receive a bigger portion of Iran's national treasure?

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/meet-owj...ighter-jet-engine.474439/page-4#ixzz4X50Eb0NI

here 2 russian military experts talk about F-35 and T-50

from minute ~ 35 they talk about engines

one of them mention about how Iranians learned how to produce blades for aviation turbines and he seemed very impressed about it

2v1p8jm.jpg

link to video:

Can anyone say in which year iranians mastered technology to make aviation turbine blades?

Back
Top Bottom