What's new

Meet Owj: Iran’s First Indigenous Fighter Jet Engine

sure, just "some" similarity, indeed.
hq720.jpg

engine.jpg

enginecomparison.png

The new approach seems to work normally

engineowj.png

All the wiring / attachments and parts specially in first half look drastically different
1395053110360140184385210.jpg

Seems like derived but with quite a few visible improvements on outside , and perhaps some internally

Based on longer design in front appears to be done for more performance

Perhaps J-85 on steriods

Last edited:
Azadpakistan2009,

That's because the J85 image you posted is 100% NOT the -21 variant but an earlier model, the -13. In fact, the image you posted is the first image that pops up on Google for the -13 variant. You can confirm this by looking very closely at the plague on the top of the engine, it clearly states is a -13 variant.

The -21 looks much different than any previous J85 variant because it has an additional compressor stage and modified afterburner. The -21 was/is, effectively a "J85 on steroids". The -21 is arguably the most fundamental redesign in the J85 family.

If you compare Penguin's 2nd image above (which IS an image of the -21 variant) and you compare it to the image of the Owj you posted, you'll find they virtually identical.

No, it really can't. If you have to resort to asymmetric warfare, then you're admitting you're no equal and are fighting from a very weakened position.
Yes we are not equal, the same way a man who has cornet missiles is not equal to a man sitting in a tank!
which one you want to be?!

who is in the weakened position, the guy in the covert land pressing a button to fire the missile or the hundreds people gathered in a ship waiting for that missile?

Millennium Challenge 2002

Yes we are not equal, the same way a man who has cornet missiles is not equal to a man sitting in a tank!
which one you want to be?!

who is in the weakened position, the guy in the covert land pressing a button to fire the missile or the hundreds people gathered in a ship waiting for that missile?

Millennium Challenge 2002

Not only are your examples poor, you're arguing anecdotes.

Every army pretends to be the best in the world, only the US can claim it and have it be true.

By the way, military exercises are done for a reason. No doubt the US not only learned from its mistakes, but came up with a better more efficient system since 2002 (it's been 15 years, since then).

Not only are your examples poor, you're arguing anecdotes.

Every army pretends to be the best in the world, only the US can claim it and have it be true.

By the way, military exercises are done for a reason. No doubt the US not only learned from its mistakes, but came up with a better more efficient system since 2002 (it's been 15 years, since then).
My arguments are actual facts spoken by American themselves, unlike you who talk about your fantasies.

comparing to Iran's progress since 2002, American's progress is nothing.

Yeah well, that also varies by which photo you select to compare with, i.e. the most similar or the most different. Even with any differences, that still does not negate the point that the engine used in the Northrop F-5 is the basis. Effective reverse engineering may require some changes e.g. when some parts cannot be reproduced exactly the same. And I don't see why a reverse engineering project could/should not also involve the implementation of possible improvements.
engine.jpg

No doubt the US not only learned from its mistakes, but came up with a better more efficient system since 2002 (it's been 15 years, since then).

That may not be true.

What we also know about MC 2002 was that after "Red" sunk all those ships, the people in charge changed the rules of engagement in such a way that Red would be at a severe disadvantage, and restarted the exercise. So essentially, they lost and changed the rules to make sure they won. They were "sore losers". Sometimes sore losers don't learn.

My arguments are actual facts spoken by American themselves, unlike you who talk about your fantasies.

comparing to Iran's progress since 2002, American's progress is nothing.
Actually America's progress if far more impressive than Iran's. All you did was post a shitty Wikipedia article, which had information from 15 years ago, so clearly out dated, but even a 2002 US military would be far too much for Iran to handle.

Iran's progress has been impressive, but you need to be realistic about its capabilities.

That may not be true.

What we also know about MC 2002 was that after "Red" sunk all those ships, the people in charge changed the rules of engagement in such a way that Red would be at a severe disadvantage, and restarted the exercise. So essentially, they lost and changed the rules to make sure they won. They were "sore losers". Sometimes sore losers don't learn.
Except it was an exercise, created by Americans for Americans. You're posting as if Iranians actually sunk American ships.

It's been over 15 years, do you honestly think they haven't learned from their mistakes?

ALCON,

I'd actually love to talk about MC 2002, but I think this thread has been horribly derailed enough as is. I'd advise somebody make a dedicated thread and take the conversation there and away from a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with naval strategy.

Thanks

It was an exercise designed to simulate an Iranian attack on an aircraft carrier. So it is entirely relevant.
And do you know the purpose of exercises? It isn't just to reaffirm your current capabilities, but to find weaknesses. If you honestly think that the US didn't learn from their mistakes 15 YEARS AGO, than I don't know what to say.

And do you know the purpose of exercises? It isn't just to reaffirm your current capabilities, but to find weaknesses. If you honestly think that the US didn't learn from their mistakes 15 YEARS AGO, than I don't know what to say.

Well I would say they learnt their lesson, if they hadn't sabotaged the entire exercise to make themselves look good, then only let the world know about it when it was leaked. They were too arrogant.

Well I would say they learnt their lesson, if they hadn't sabotaged the entire exercise to make themselves look good, then only let the world know about it when it was leaked. They were too arrogant.
Than you're assuming that their capabilities haven't changed in the years since 2002. Their war in Iraq may have been a failure in the long term, but they've learned much from their experience.

Than you're assuming that their capabilities haven't changed in the years since 2002. Their war in Iraq may have been a failure in the long term, but they've learned much from their experience.
I'm not talking about their technological capabilities, its more their doctrine and tactics.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom