What's new

MEDIA OUTLET REPORTS POSSIBLE AIR DEFENCE DEAL BETWEEN PAKISTAN AND THALES

mobile air defence radar, air defence radar

They are good. We dont have the money.

We have the money but its in pockets of corrupt people. 4A & 8A looks good for Pakistani need, money issue aside which one you think is good for Pakistan? Are they in class of Green pine or similar radars?

We have the money but its in pockets of corrupt people. 4A & 8A looks good for Pakistani need, money issue aside which one you think is good for Pakistan? Are they in class of Green pine or similar radars?

It will always be about affordability, in country production, and not just specifications. Since we now have airborne radars, the dependence on SILLACS ADGE and LLR is not as much as it was in our time.

I am not familiar with BMD TRs such as Green Pine. They are mobile radars used as gap fillers. I think Navy bought a gun system and a radar came with it, so they are using that, as their ARGOS 73 is now junk. Army needs to expands to medium range, and PAF needs to replace MPDRs.

It will always be about affordability, in country production, and not just specifications. Since we now have airborne radars, the dependence on SILLACS ADGE and LLR is not as much as it was in our time.

I am not familiar with BMD TRs such as Green Pine. They are mobile radars used as gap fillers. I think Navy bought a gun system and a radar came with it, so they are using that, as their ARGOS 73 is now junk. Army needs to expands to medium range, and PAF needs to replace MPDRs.

I think Navy purchase skyguard system with 35mm guns, not very advance if you seen upcoming threats, just look at the upgrade IAF's Jags will get.

Pakistan needs long range air defence systems atleast of three different types one for navy and airforce and army And buy PANTSIR medium range type airdefence to suppress Indian Navy at sea shores our Marines need PANTSIR work well than buy short range airdefence in numbers

Atleast but one long range for our Navy to give good survivability to our ships in sea

mobile air defence radar, air defence radar

They are good. We dont have the money.
Good to see you back and active after some time. Hope you have been keeping well. Need to ask what is the number of units required for a country like Pakistan. Are we talking in hundreds or thousands.? Sorry if it seems like in infantile question but your response will be appreciated.
Secondly are we working on a local solution even with generous help from a friendly hand or not. It woulx probably start with the need before we can answer the secojd question
The third question is whether Italy, China or Turkey have a soution which is reasonable both in price and quality.
A

Good to see you back and active after some time. Hope you have been keeping well. Need to ask what is the number of units required for a country like Pakistan. Are we talking in hundreds or thousands.? Sorry if it seems like in infantile question but your response will be appreciated.
Secondly are we working on a local solution even with generous help from a friendly hand or not. It woulx probably start with the need before we can answer the secojd question
The third question is whether Italy, China or Turkey have a soution which is reasonable both in price and quality.
A

I dont have a crystal ball, so I can tell you my opinion. The requirements are of two types, Low level gap fillers for air forces, and low / medium level coverage for brigade protection on the move, VP defense, and coastal defense. We are talking a few dozen at the most, since the advent of air borne radar has changed our paradigm a little bit.

Local solutions are many discussed, not much done, since we lack an antenna far field range and honest indigenous effort with funding and customer buy in. Italian radars are Italian. Turkey does not have this system, and Chinese radars are junk, at least the ones they offer us for trials.

India has outdone here many folds. They have license produced radars from various manufacturers, and have transformed their lomad and himad search and track capability. However, they have a real shit problem with terrain and long borders.

Last edited:
I dont have a crystal ball, so I can tell you my opinion. The requirements are of two types, Low lover gap fillers for air forces, and low / medium level coverage for brigade protection on the move, VP defense, and coastal defense. We are talking a few dozen at the most, since the advent of air borne radar has changed our paradigm a little bit.

Local solutions are many discussed, not much done, since we lack an antenna far field range and honest indigenous effort with funding and customer buy in. Italian radars are Italian. Turkey does not have this system, and Chinese radars are junk, at least the ones they offer us for trials.
Do low-level radars need to have long-range? Couldn't short-range solutions, such as Aselsan's Mobile Search Radar (link), work? Or did the PAF hit a brick wall in terms of Aselsan's flexibility (or lack thereof) to export such a system? Interestingly, the Navy managed to secure the ARES-2SC/NS ESM system for the Agosta 90B, so exporting may not be a major issue.

I am surprised to read abt Chinese Radars as declared junk not just now but many times in the past by pros. My clear question is that do PA planners and even Bangladeshi's alike have done blunder by purchasing LY80 SAM systems with Chinese Radars. The clear explanation of seniors requested.
Further if ground Radars are junk then how much credible is KLJ7 and ZK03

I dont have a crystal ball, so I can tell you my opinion. The requirements are of two types, Low lover gap fillers for air forces, and low / medium level coverage for brigade protection on the move, VP defense, and coastal defense. We are talking a few dozen at the most, since the advent of air borne radar has changed our paradigm a little bit.

Glad someone else backs up my objection on Chinese electronic and their QC standards

Even SLC2s n A100s were problematic, which we had to solve.

Junk can be taped up, but not solved.

Do low-level radars need to have long-range? Couldn't short-range solutions, such as Aselsan's Mobile Search Radar (link), work? Or did the PAF hit a brick wall in terms of Aselsan's flexibility (or lack thereof) to export such a system? Interestingly, the Navy managed to secure the ARES-2SC/NS ESM system for the Agosta 90B, so exporting may not be a major issue.

Son, this radar is fire control, not search or air surveillance . Search radar picks up blips with 100% confidence at the horizon, or is instrumented minimum 160-180 kms.

I am surprised to read abt Chinese Radars as declared junk not just now but many times in the past by pros. My clear question is that do PA planners and even Bangladeshi's alike have done blunder by purchasing LY80 SAM systems with Chinese Radars. The clear explanation of seniors requested.
Further if ground Radars are junk then how much credible is KLJ7 and ZK03

If you ask me, you will always have judgemental statements against the Chinese. Does some of their tech work? Obviously. They bough LY80, but not LY60, since LY60 was junk. KLJ7 is not entirely Chinese now, is it? ;) Same about ZDK03, not really all Chinese.

advertising?

Son, this radar is fire control, not search or air surveillance . Search radar picks up blips with 100% confidence at the horizon, or is instrumented minimum 160-180 kms.
I see. So the low level radar would have to provide low-altitude coverage, but still long range. That cuts the options down to a handful at best, e.g. Leonardo, Thales and Lockheed Martin.

Chinese stuff is top quality this is a different need and always people have different layers of protection

Back
Top Bottom