What's new

MDL Delivers 3rd Scorpene-Class Submarine To The Indian Navy

MDL-Delivers-3rd-Scorpene-class-Submarine-to-the-Indian-Navy-770x410.jpg
Ye submarine ki shaadi kiun kar rahe hain? 😳

At IDEX-2013, China revealed a scaled-down version of Type 039A submarine designated as S20, specially intended for export. The main difference between S20 and Type 039A is that the AIP system on the original Type 039A is deleted, but can be available and easily integrated due to modular design of S20, if potential customers choose to purchase AIP systems separately. Due to its modular design, a variety of sensors and weapons can also be easily adopted up on customers' requests.[9] Specifications of S20:[10]

• Structure: double hulled
  • Length: 66 meter
  • Beam: 8 meter
  • Draft: 8.2 meter
  • Surface displacement: 1,850 tons
  • Submerged displacement: 2,300 tons
  • Maximum speed: 18 knots
  • Cruise speed: 16 knots
  • Range: 8000 nautical miles at 16 knots
  • Endurance: 60 days
  • Crew: 38 total
  • Maximum depth: 300 meters
Agosta 90b

Export

General characteristics
Preceded by:Daphné class
Succeeded by:
Subclasses:Agosta 90B
In commission:1977 – Active in service in Spain and Pakistan
Displacement:
  • 1,500 long tons (1,524 t) surfaced
  • 1,760 long tons (1,788 t) submerged (France, Spain)
  • 2,050 long tons (2,083 t) submerged (Pakistan)
Length:
  • 67 m (219 ft 10 in) (France, Spain)
  • 76 m (249 ft 4 in) (Pakistan)
Beam:6 m (19 ft 8 in)
Speed:
  • 12 knots (22 km/h; 14 mph) surfaced
  • 20.5 knots (38.0 km/h; 23.6 mph) submerged
  • 10.5 knots (19.4 km/h; 12.1 mph) submerged (snort)
Range:8,500 miles (13,679 km)
Test depth:
  • 300 m (980 ft) (France, Spain)
  • 350 m (1,150 ft) (Pakistan)
Complement:
  • 5 officers
  • 36 men
Sensors and
processing systems:
  • Thomson CSF DRUA 33 Radar
  • Thomson Sintra DSUV 22
  • DUUA 2D Sonar
  • DUUA 1D Sonar
  • DUUX 2 Sonar
  • DSUV 62A towed array
Armament:
The Agosta-class submarine is a class of diesel-electric fast-attack submarine developed and constructed by the French DCNS in 1970s to succeed the Daphné-class submarines. The submarines have served in the French Navy as well as exported to the navies of Spain and Pakistan. It also used by Royal Malaysian Navy for the training purpose. They were replaced in French service by the Rubis-class nuclear attack submarines but are still in active service with the navies of Spain and Pakistan. The French Navy grouped this model of submarine in their most capable class as an océanique, meaning "ocean-going."[1]

Contents
Ships[edit]
French Navy[edit]
built by Arsenal de Cherbourg

ype:Submarine
Displacement:
  • 1,565 t (1,540 long tons) (CM-2000)
  • 1,870 t (1,840 long tons) (AM-2000)
  • 2,000 t (2,000 long tons) (S-BR)[1]
Length:
  • 61.7 m (202 ft 5 in) (CM-2000)
  • 70 m (229 ft 8 in) (AM-2000)
  • 75 m (246 ft 1 in) (S-BR)[1]
Beam:6.2 m (20 ft 4 in)
Draught:5.4 m (17 ft 9 in)
Draft:5.8 m (19 ft 0 in)
Propulsion:
Speed:
Range:
  • 6,500 nmi (12,000 km) at 8 kn (15 km/h; 9.2 mph) (surfaced)
  • 550 nmi (1,020 km; 630 mi) at 5 kn (9.3 km/h; 5.8 mph) (submerged)
Endurance:
  • 40 days (compact)
  • 50 days (normal)
  • 50 + 21 days (AIP)
Test depth:>350 m (1,150 ft)[2]
Complement:31
Armament:6 × 533 mm (21 in) torpedo tubes for 18 Whitehead Alenia Sistemi Subacquei Black Shark heavyweight torpedoes, SM-39 Exocet anti-ship missiles, and A3SM (MICA) anti-air missiles and 30 mines in place of torpedoes
The Scorpène-class submarines are a class of diesel-electric attack submarines jointly developed by the French Direction des Constructions Navales (DCNS) and the Spanish company Navantia, and now by Naval Group. It features diesel propulsion and an additional air-independent propulsion (AIP). It is now marketed as the Scorpène 2000.

Contents
Scorpène characteristics[edit]
The Scorpène class of submarines has four subtypes:[3] the CM-2000 conventional diesel-electric version, the AM-2000 air-independent propulsion (AIP) derivative, the downsized CA-2000 coastal submarine, and the enlarged S-BR for the Brazilian Navy, without AIP.[4]

The Chilean and Malaysian boats are fitted with the TSM 2233 Mk 2 sonar. The class can also be fitted with an 'S-Cube' sonar suite from Thales.[5]

Air-independent propulsion[edit]
The French Module d'Energie Sous-Marine Autonome (MESMA) system is being offered by the French shipyard Direction des Constructions Navales (DCNS) for the Scorpène-class submarines. It is essentially a modified version of their nuclear propulsion system with heat being generated by ethanol and oxygen. The combustion of the ethanol and stored oxygen, at a pressure of 60 atm (6.1 MPa), generates steam which powers a conventional turbine power plant. This pressure-firing allows exhaust carbon dioxide to be expelled overboard at any depth without an exhaust compressor.

Each MESMA system costs around US$50–60 million. As installed on the Scorpènes, it requires adding a new 8.3-metre (27 ft), 305-tonne hull section to the submarines, and enables a submarine to operate for more than 21 days under water, depending on variables such as speed.[citation needed]

DCNS is also developing second-generation hydrogen fuel cell AIP modules for future Scorpène models.

ALL 3 ARE SIMILAR SIZES IE AROUND 2000 TONNES crew between 30 and 40 men .#
BUT sorpene will be the best

Scorpenes are a generation ahead of Agoata,, but i am aure with lqtest upgrades agostas are upto par with the next generation of subs

What is bangladesh navy ?

I don't know what is Bangladesh navy but one thing I know is that they don't hold wife swapping parties like Indian navy
Bigger than AGOSTA

one generation newer SCORPENE was the successor to AGOSTA far more stealth

Irrespective of d¡ck measuring of who is bigger or more advance

It was an Indian scorpene submarine that was detected and forced to run away by Pakistani naval aviators

Pakistan Navy detects Indian submarine, foils intrusion

Now compare that to PNS Saad, an Augusta class submarine that your whole navy couldn't find in 21 days

Post Operation Bandar, Indian Navy hunted for Pakistani submarine PNS Saad for 21 days

That is the history of both the submarines

Last edited:
I could be a razakar descendant, but Euro NCAP has already designated (By way of crash tests, zero out of 4) most Indian cars exported to Europe as literal "death traps", which is worse than what you say above. Even in most moderate crash scenarios, front seat passengers will get killed.

Don't bring up off topic items (cars in a thread discussing subs) unless you want me to correct you.

I could have posted videos and images here to refute you, but won't.
You can post whatever you want. Come back and post when Bangladesh makes a quarter of what India does

By the way, what is your countries largest export to Europe? Illegal migrants?

Last edited:
Its a simple question. What is the global ncap rating of bangladeshi cars exported to europe.

Don't understand why it has got such a knowledgeable guy as you stumped. Surely you are not an idiot who doesn't know the answer, are you?
Top-notch. They are rated high around Paris. Take a look at it.

1615039796409.png

Ye submarine ki shaadi kiun kar rahe hain? 😳
Karachi mein suhaag raat jo manani hai :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1615041194774.png

@Horus @krash @LeGenD @jaibi @waz

Does rules allow to change your national flag whenever is needed or for trolling?

This guy always change the flag on a regular basis and troll in Indian sections. And, sometimes he does pretend as Indian and sometimes as Pakistani.

But we all know that he is a Pakistani guy...

Attachments

• 1615040734001.png
    1615040734001.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 25
View attachment 722541
@Horus @krash @LeGenD @jaibi @waz

Does rules allow to change your national flag whenever is needed or for trolling?

This guy always change the flag on a regular basis and troll in Indian sections. And, sometimes he does pretend as Indian and sometimes as Pakistani.

But we all know that he is a Pakistani guy...

I have said it many times before that I am happy to change my flag to a Pakistan but technically I cannot as I was born and live in an artificial state called India.

I have said it many times before that I am happy to change my flag to a Pakistan but technically I cannot as I was born and live in an artificial state called India.

Just do one help- I will always trust on your words...

Please go to your (Computer/Laptop or mobile)
1615041957244.png

And, share the IP address. Then I will tell you the exact location of you i.e City, state and country.

Honestly, all people are aware and even readers are also aware from which country do you belong. But, Sometimes, I get irritate that MOD can find out if any Indian do the same within the 10 mins.... but sometimes they ignore for few people.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom