Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) to Build India’s Next Gen Diesel submarine

fsayed

Reaction score
Country
India
Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) to Build India’s Next Gen Diesel submarine
Published January 1, 2014 | By admin
SOURCE: IDRW NEWS NETWORK ( INN )
According to AK Antony who has informed Parliamentarians that Ministry of defence (MOD) has selected Defence Public sector unit Mazagon
Dock Limited (MDL) to build three next generation Diesel submarines for Indian Navy under Project 75I . Under Project 75I India will purchase 6
Next generation diesel submarines with AIP technology for Indian Navy .
Under this deal Two submarines will be built by selected foreign submarine supplier and three will be build by Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) ,1/1/2014 Mazagon DockLimited (MDL) to Build India’s NextGenDiesel submarine | idrw.org
Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) to Build India’s Next Gen Diesel submarine | idrw.org 3/5
MDL is currently building 6 French Scorpion Diesel attack class submarines for Indian Navy in its docks and will be delivered to Indian navy
between 2016 and 2021.
Interestingly dying defence PSU Hindustan shipyard has again been selected to build last submarine under Project 75I . Hindustan shipyard has failed
to complete upgrades to a kilo class submarine INS Sindhukirti which first went to dry docks there in 2006 and has remained there till now .
Hindustan shipyard which was lying idle at that time was selected to carry out mid life upgrades to INS Sindhukirti a kilo class diesel submarine of
russian origin , but according to media reports workmanship on the submarine was so bad that Indian Navy has termed it “unfixable” and unlikely to
ever enter into service again .
Sinking of refitted INS Sindhurakshak a kilo class submarine in 2013 has severally affected Indian navies under sea water capability and INS
Sindhukirti another kilo submarine which is unlikely to enter into service again , which brings down the numbers to 8 kilo class submarines and 4
older German made HDW submarines , Indian navy is left with effective fleet of only 12 Diesel Submarines and Operational availability is only 5-6
submarines at a time .

upload_2014-1-1_19-12-39.jpeg

Will it be an Indigenously designed and developed submarine like Arihant or a Scorpene kind of deal?

First put AIP in scorpion sub then try to do it yourself otherwise it will take Hundreds of years .

First put AIP in scorpion sub then try to do it yourself otherwise it will take Hundreds of years .

India building advanced battle ships is a reality, Don't try to be sarcastic about India's capabilities. India is doing well and 2013 is a very good year for Indian Navy.

project 75i a foreign submarine will b selected and mazagaon will manufacture it same as scorpion deal

Will it be an Indigenously designed and developed submarine like Arihant or a Scorpene kind of deal?
project 75i a foreign submarine will b selected and mazagaon will manufacture it same as scorpion deal

India should finish building the current subs and get them ready before worry about the next version. Its a simple concept of run, walk, crawl. Whoever that get DRDO to focus on finishing LCA is a smart guy. He should be promoted.

India should finish building the current subs and get them ready before worry about the next version. Its a simple concept of run, walk, crawl. Whoever that get DRDO to focus on finishing LCA is a smart guy. He should be promoted.

or in your chinese, a case copy/paste. :lol:

and the concept is crawl, walk and run not the other way around :rofl:

in this case they walking and chewing at the same time. You can have multiple teams ...working on different technologies .

or in your chinese, a case copy/paste. :lol:

and the concept is crawl, walk and run not the other way around :rofl:

in this case they walking and chewing at the same time. You can have multiple teams ...working on different technologies .

I'm talking about India. Since you claim to be an American, you don't need to go on every thread and defend India more than Indians on here do. You are in the wrong forum, man. You should go to Bharat Rakshak.

Why indian did not select AIP in Scorpion sub when its the costliest sub .when their enemy have 3 agosta90b with mesma AIP.

I'm talking about India. Since you claim to be an American, you don't need to go on every thread and defend India more than Indians on here do. You are in the wrong forum, man. You should go to Bharat Rakshak.

It is crawl , walk run ... that is not an Indian thing you off the boat seditious chinese.:lol:

It is crawl , walk run ... that is not an Indian thing you off the boat seditious chinese.:lol:

I know you are in America working at a 7 eleven under the table some where is Atl while collecting food stamp and welfare check. And you are an Indian thing though.

India is at least 20 years away from designing and building its own submarines。

Using foreign designs and subsystems and with foreign technical assistances are a different matter。

I know you are in America working at a 7 eleven under the table some where is Atl while collecting food stamp and welfare check. And you are an Indian thing though.

I can't be on welfare and work at 7 eleven... you don't even know how our country works.

Regardless if I was the person you said I was , it would be far better than you out and out chinese , that is up tonight, keeping your family massage parlor open .... :lol:

Since you are american , no need to poke your noise in every indian thread and give your stupid comments.

This is India and US and India can do many things at same time we are to PAK ( to call SU-30MKI an indian plane) Nor China (who steal pr copy design and claim their)

Using foreign designs and subsystems and with foreign technical assistances are a different matter。

Opps India already design and constructing its nuclear subs

Off the topic India already design and contrast its Own AC while other so called countries still think good in refurbished aircraft.

We already have a nuclear submarine in sea trials .

LOL at the 20 years .

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom