What's new

Massive floods across Pakistan | Thousands Killed

seems you are getting emotional.

I would accept aid regardless of nationality. Unfortunately, I feel that aid from hindustan would be far too publicised and even of greater concern --politicised (you are naiive to think otherwise). In future times, hindustanys would act as if we owe them something. I don't think that's very good.

Yes there should generally be no discrimination when it comes to helping people who are in need. I don't represent or work within the decision making circles. Because I will publicly and without regret, state that I would never accept aid from hindustan given the current status of our relations with them; especially as they aim to tarnish the name of the Armed Forces of Pakistan, the very people who are out their SLAVING and killing themselves in order to desperately help these poor flood affectees.

as for China, I wish we could do more to help them but we are not in that position nor we have capacity at this time; as we are over-burdened heavily.

the only people that can help Pakistanis are Pakistanis themselves. They demonstrated it very well especially during IDP crisis, and past crises; and Inshallah they will demonstrate it again.

And I reiterate my personal hope that hindustan keeps its ''aid'' and uses it for its own internal poverty and problems.

did you understand this time or you still need help?
I think you still didnt get it..it is not a economic crisis but it is a humanitarian crisis.people need urgent help at any cost. and people do get emotional at the time of humanitarian crisis. what is wrong with that?? we do have problems and differneces,but cant u put that aside for the sake of your own beloved countrymen?? we need to grow up and give peace a chance.

Can anyone post Turkish help for flood victims in Pakistan. They were the most helpful along with China and Japan in rehabilitation work in the wake of deadly earthquake

Turkey Extends Aid to Pakistan's Flood-hit People​
Turkey has donated five million dollars to the flood-affected people of Pakistan, officials said Wednesday.

Babur Hizlan, Ambassador of Turkey to Pakistan, met Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani to hand over a cheque from the Turkish government for Prime Minister's Flood Relief Fund, the PM office said.

The ambassador informed the prime minister that in addition to this cash grant and the plane load of 3.5 metric tons of relief goods already sent to Pakistan on Aug. 4, his government would be sending three other planes carrying relief assistance to Pakistan on Aug. 11, 13 and 17.

He added that as promised by Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, over the phone to the prime minister of Pakistan on Aug. 4, Turkey will wholeheartedly participate in the reconstruction phase of flood affected areas, once the water recedes.

The prime minister conveyed the gratitude of his government and people of Pakistan for the generous support of brotherly government and people of Turkey in these trying times and noted that Turkey was amongst those few countries which had taken the lead in sending immediate assistance directly to the Government of Pakistan for its urgent and optimum utilization for providing relief to the flood affectees.

Gilani underlined the immediate requirement for more tents as a large number of evacuated people were still living out in the open and need to have shelter on immediate basis. He hoped that the next installment of relief goods from Turkey would include substantial quantity of tents for the flood victims.

Turkey extends aid to Pakistan's flood-hit people - GlobalTimes

seems you are getting emotional.
I would accept aid regardless of nationality. Unfortunately, I feel that aid from hindustan would be far too publicised and even of greater concern --politicised (you are naiive to think otherwise). In future times, hindustanys would act as if we owe them something. I don't think that's very good.
Yes there should generally be no discrimination when it comes to helping people who are in need. I don't represent or work within the decision making circles. Because I will publicly and without regret, state that I would never accept aid from hindustan given the current status of our relations with them; especially as they aim to tarnish the name of the Armed Forces of Pakistan, the very people who are out their SLAVING and killing themselves in order to desperately help these poor flood affectees.
as for China, I wish we could do more to help them but we are not in that position nor we have capacity at this time; as we are over-burdened heavily.
the only people that can help Pakistanis are Pakistanis themselves. They demonstrated it very well especially during IDP crisis, and past crises; and Inshallah they will demonstrate it again.
And I reiterate my personal hope that hindustan keeps its ''aid'' and uses it for its own internal poverty and problems.
did you understand this time or you still need help?

Abu Just think about it..these kind of steps ,like helping each other in the time of need will help lessening the mistrust between countries..it will be good step towards peace..5 million for us in nothing..there are plenty of amount being spent by us for the eradication of poverty..but some steps towards creating harmony among nations should be encouraged at all cost..I can also throw some allegations against your country and also your country also not an angel when dealing with us..but do we need that when you country is in need??think about an additional five million can do to those people who lost everything in flood..obviously they dont care about where the money is coming from..anyway i hope the government wont think like you do..

Of-course ...however let's be fair with New Delhi....There is hell lot of trust deficit b/w us and we are considered adversary to the core....Remember during Azad Kashmir earthquake our help war not taken....

New Delhi coming up with Aid package is a big think....and should be acknowledged accordingly....Compare the scenario during the height of cold-war...US sending Aid Package to USSR(or vice-versa) for some catastrophe.....How difficult would that have been for either side...no???

During 2005 earthquake India tried to play its chunkya side by offering Indian aircraft for sorties along with Indian Pilots, thanks but NO thanks Pakistan could not allow Indian aviation over Azad Kashmir.

On the other hand medicines and tents were accepted.

I think it should not be difficult to understand the security implications

Sure, if IL 76 could carry relief materials , why not Involve Indian Pilots In search and rescue Mission in Pakistan? But it would raise security concerns Over the Place.... Both the countries arent matured Enough for that... But if there ministry is happy, why make 5, we could send 10 of them, what are we going to do anyway with over 100 Mi series transport Helicopters? Let us give it to those in need

Would India allow Pakistani airforce of Pak Army aviation pilots to carry on rescue operations in India??????????????

why not? people are in a horrible situation, they need help.

I meant that Pakistan may not accept the offer considering the anti India sentiment. Personally I think $ 5 million is too less for an immidiate neighbour.

During 2005 earthquake India tried to play its chunkya side by offering Indian aircraft for sorties along with Indian Pilots, thanks but NO thanks Pakistan could not allow Indian aviation over Azad Kashmir.

what are the security implications? The risks if any can easily be mitigated, besides defense installations and military assets are typically off limits - restricted airspace.

Keep this topic away ,ok? it is no need to say anything ,no need to argue with some people.I hope the pakistan people would get though this disaster.Today Longnan is also floods after zhouqu landslide,there is so many thing need to do.

what are the security implications? The risks if any can easily be mitigated, besides defense installations and military assets are typically off limits - restricted airspace.

Pakistan rejected Indian helis saying that P-O-K was an sensitive area but later said that they will accept it if India allow Pakistan pilots to fly it ..but India rejected it saying that it has some sensitive equipment in the helicopters..

Actually me and Taimi has discussed about this via PM..we both agreed up on one thing that it was not the security issues nor the sensitive equipments that both the ideas got rejected but the pure egos from both side ..India has better accessibility to those places than Pakistan at that time and can provide help much faster than Pakistan in that area but our politicians from both sides are real gems :)

I don't think having a few Indian helicopters would be a problem, as their mission would be relief work and S&R. But we all know that is never going to happen so soon. I do hope that the aid money is taken because it is for the poor and not something the rich and powerful should deny their people. Not many countries have offered 5 million USD and I think, after analyzing this offer, that Pakistan should take it to lay a good groundwork for future acts of generosity and reciprocation.

But the timing shows the true nature of their views towards Pakistan..."oh I guess they still haven't all drowned yet...yeah we might as well make a donation so as not to give away our true hatreds."

Who knows if and when this 5 mil will reach Pakistan and in which corrupt bastards hands it will be transferred to.

Last edited:
I think you still didnt get it..it is not a economic crisis but it is a humanitarian crisis.people need urgent help at any cost. and people do get emotional at the time of humanitarian crisis. what is wrong with that?? we do have problems and differneces,but cant u put that aside for the sake of your own beloved countrymen?? we need to grow up and give peace a chance.

Indeed but your government had already missed the opportunity by showing hatred and still debating to send or not to send the aid for flood victims, uptill today.

well, Jona, last time Pakistan wanted the chopers to be used by their own pilots..and thus the whole idea failed, as the IAF rightly could not allow so. ...while talking about the choppers this time,as some of the Pakistani friends suggest lending choppers would be better than the cash help...India again might be ready to help.... only if the choppers are flown by the IAF pilots.

I meant that Pakistan may not accept the offer considering the anti India sentiment. Personally I think $ 5 million is too less for an immidiate neighbour.

Due to anti-Pakistan sentiments India was still debating to help or not to help

Back
Top Bottom