What's new

Massive floods across Pakistan | Thousands Killed

Indeed but your government had already missed the opportunity by showing hatred and still debating to send or not to send the aid for flood victims, uptill today.
ma'am GOi may have some apprehensions and also we are in mess... floods in punjab, haryana and leh streches our resources. u also know we are not that rich. lekin der se aaye durust aaye.

well, Jona, last time Pakistan wanted the chopers to be used by their own pilots..and thus the whole idea failed, as the IAF rightly could not allow so. ...while talking about the choppers this time,as some of the Pakistani friends suggest lending choppers would be better than the cash help...India again might be ready to help.... only if the choppers are flown by the IAF pilots.

And we could not and can not allow Indian pilots so its 50-50 on both sides.

Anyway Indian help even if offered whats so special about to to go out of the way and highlight it by you guys when as small countries as Sri Lanka had already started pouring in their aid a week back.

Pakistan rejected Indian helis saying that P-O-K was an sensitive area but later said that they will accept it if India allow Pakistan pilots to fly it ..but India rejected it saying that it has some sensitive equipment in the helicopters..

Actually me and Taimi has discussed about this via PM..we both agreed up on one thing that it was not the security issues nor the sensitive equipments that both the ideas got rejected but the pure egos from both side ..India has better accessibility to those places than Pakistan at that time and can provide help much faster than Pakistan in that area but our politicians from both sides are real gems :)

Thanks seiko that's what I figured as well.

And we could not and can not allow Indian pilots so its 50-50 on both sides.

yes, but instead of blaming 50-50...I would put it as no one's fault.

Anyway Indian help even if offered whats so special about to to go out of the way and highlight it by you guys when as small countries as Sri Lanka had already started pouring in their aid a week back.

Nothing special. But apparently the majority of the members on the site are Indians and pakistanis and not Sri Lankans or other nations who poured in the dollars first...so the majority is appreaciating the development on by one, which makes it look large or special :)

BTW : good work sri lanka. :tup:

Indian helicopters with Indian pilots would be dangerous. They would be scouting the terrain and establishing intelligence contacts on the ground. Indian helicopters without Indian pilots would still be dangerous as they could be bugged or sabotaged. Let us just accept the generous offer and return the favour when they need it, keep it simple. We don't need donations of helicopters out of all places from India. Such a pathetic state someone should tell PAF/PAA and civil institutions to start building or acquiring helo manufacturing facilities.

During 2005 earthquake India tried to play its chanakya side by offering Indian aircraft for sorties along with Indian Pilots, thanks but NO thanks Pakistan could not allow Indian aviation over Azad Kashmir.

On the other hand medicines and tents were accepted.

I think it should not be difficult to understand the security implications

My lady if our help during disasters is seen with eyes of suspicion then I am afraid we should not invest in friendship with Pakistan at first place......and may be RAW v/s ISI is the right thing to do.....

Originally Posted by somebozo
"For past half a century this "i am better than you" game is going on and the whole world is watching. As both rival enter their 6th decade, it is evident than India and Pakistan are here to stay and we need to end this game. The world is growing tired as well and sooner of later both side will be in losers ditch. Indo-Pak peace is a solid reality and the sooner the merrier. We are sixty plus years old and considered a mature nation now. Insurgencies, terrorism, arms race, infiltration and other antics of destabilization into each other borders will not be taken lightly anymore. Gone are the days of cold war and rivalry. "

@somebozo
Thank You for stating the obvious- which is so conveniently overlooked. i do sincerely hope that this sentiment grows and becomes the norm, rather than the exception.
Natural Disasters are totally non-discriminatory by nature; they can afflict anyone. Is'nt it said "there but for fortune, go i?" And this is probably a perfect opportunity to lend a helping hand. As for the 'politics business' we can only hope that things get better. But never mind that, the need of the hour is to provide relief and succor.
On a practical plane; what India can possibly provide is temporary housing, medicines (India has a very well developed Pharma industry) and water purification systems among so many other things. There is considerable discussion going on about providing Helicopters (which is a pressing need). But the point is that the Helicopters which would be suitable for this purpose are all Indian military craft. Now the GOI will not like them to be flown by any crews other than their own; while GOP will in all likelihood not be be comfortable with that arrangement. Until the respective Governments sort out that issue ........
But all the other material aid required should be sent across the border with the greatest dispatch.
This is not a time for politics, this is a time for humanity.

yes, but instead of blaming 50-50...I would put it as no one's fault.

Nothing special. But apparently the majority of the members on the site are Indians and pakistanis and not Sri Lankans or other nations who poured in the dollars first...so the majority is appreaciating the development on by one, which makes it look large or special :)

BTW : good work sri lanka. :tup:

:)))) we would thank you for that.

But its also a fact you are using it as Publicity stunt :angel:

jana ji can u pls elaborate how we are using these as a publicty stunt ?? our media just has reported that recent development. i think ur talking about pdf?

ma'am GOi may have some apprehensions and also we are in mess... floods in punjab, haryana and leh streches our resources. u also know we are not that rich. lekin der se aaye durust aaye.

Agreed if you are short of resources we never complaint if India did not come forward for humanitarian work.

Well our PM didnt announce the aid plan on CNN did he,it was announced to your foreign minister.Wheres the publicity stunt??

take it as you want to...but dont deliberately hurt your ego ... we dont intend it the way you think it to be :D

Al Iranian humanitarian aid worldwide is channeled through IRCS. Thats their offical policy. The politicians never interfere. Iran is way more organised and systematic than ourselves or our persian gulf friends.

In Iran, the Iranian red crescent society is not distinct from the state. All humanitarian endeavors by Iran are channeled through it, be it any country.

Good to hear that.

Back
Top Bottom