What's new

Massive demonstrations in occupied Ahvaz, Khuzestan in Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.
here starts another round of iranis and gulfis using ladies to score points against each other... what a lady does is none of your business... think of how many people your governments killed.

protest for what and against what ?! do you think its a fashion ?! or you think we blind sheeps ?!

This guy thinks everyone is blinded like his own kind. The Shi'ites in Saudi Arabia are oppressed and constantly protest.

Saudi Arabia faces outcry over death sentence for Shia faith leader

Portrait-of-Nimr-in-Bahra-004.jpg

Saudi Arabia is facing an international outcry and accusations of promoting sectarian hatred after a Shia Muslim religious leader from the country’s volatile eastern province was sentenced to death.

Sheikh Nimr Baqir al-Nimr, who led protests in Qatif at the height of the Arab spring in 2011, was convicted on Wednesday of sedition and other charges in a case that has been followed closely by Shias in the kingdom and neighbouringBahrain.

Shia Muslims make up 10%-15% of the population of Sunni-ruled Saudi Arabia, which bills itself as playing a lead role in the fight against the jihadis of Islamic State (Isis) in Syria and Iraq. Riyadh has supported Sunni groups fighting to overthrow Bashar al-Assad but denies backing Isis.

State prosecutors had reportedly asked for Nimr to be crucified. The sentence is thought likely to be commuted on appeal.

Nimr was arrested in 2012 and ill-treated during his two-year detention, much of it spent in solitary confinement. He was denied surgery for bullet wounds suffered when he was arrested. He was charged with “disobeying the ruler”, “inciting sectarian strife”, and encouraging and leading demonstrations.

In Iran, Saudi Arabia’s chief regional rival and the political centre of the Shia world, the foreign ministry warned on Thursday that execution would have “dire consequences”. It called Nimr an ayatollah, giving him the second most senior clerical title in the Shia hierarchy. Iran, like Saudi Arabia, uses capital punishment.

In London the Foreign Office stated that it was aware of the sentencing, adding: “The UK opposes the death penalty as a matter of principle.”

The Saudi authorities have portrayed the cleric as an “instigator of discord and rioting”. But Nimr’s supporters and family have denied that he incited violence.

In a BBC interview, Nimr said he backed “the roar of the word against authorities rather than weapons”. The arrest of his brother and other relatives after sentencing has fuelled anger that is being ventilated on Twitter and other social media.

“Saudi Arabia’s harsh treatment of a prominent Shia cleric is only adding to existing sectarian discord and unrest,” said Joe Stork, deputy Middle East director at Human Rights Watch. “Saudi Arabia’s path to stability in the eastern province lies in ending systematic discrimination against Shia citizens, not in death sentences.”

Amnesty International described Nimr’s sentencing as part of a wider Saudi government crackdown on dissent.

Shia and Sunni groups said they were extremely alarmed by the sentence. “Ayatollah al-Nimr is a respected Muslim figure in Saudi Arabia,” 10 organisations said in statement. “He is a faith leader, reformist and human rights activist, who has campaigned for an end to discriminatory laws against the Shia minority. The sentencing will further inflame sectarian tensions and provide encouragement to extremist groups such as Isis to continue their persecution of religious minorities.”

Toby Matthiesen, a Cambridge expert on Saudi Arabia, said: “In the last two years Nimr has become known by Shia across the world. For many Salafis and Sunnis with anti-Shia leanings he has become a real hate figure. In the context of Isis, the Saudi royal family is trying to legitimise itself in the eyes of Sunnis by being tough. Nimr was a revolutionary who called for non-violent protests and the downfall of the Al Saud, but also for Assad to go. He wasn’t sectarian.”

Yusif al-Khoei, of the London-based Al-Khoei Foundation, said he was “appalled” by the news and with others was considering boycotting a Saudi-organised conference on inter-religious dialogue in Vienna.

• This article was amended on 17 October 2014 to correct the spelling of Toby Matthiesen’s surname and to clarify the quote from him at his request.

Saudi Arabia faces outcry over death sentence for Shia faith leader | World news | The Guardian

I suppose you have not been in Europe? One cannot walk through Manchester without seeing your kind begging for change on the gardens of picadely. But being a kind hearted person that I am, I give them spare change. Talking about prostitution :lol: you really are misinformed. Your kind are the cheapest ones around.

I don't know what you define as poverty, but I assume living in a desert with nothing to eat but lizards and camel milk is a more of a poverty state than educated people whom are earning less than minimum wage. There are also millions of people in the US in poverty but comparing their life style to an average wahab then they're living like kings.
iv been around the world and in every city i go i find iranian refugees lol
i eat lizards and love the desert. lol ok ? what does that change ? or are you just ranting and trolling ? haha

Why are these people protesting

There is a combination of things. Economics and also the increasing problem with pollution. There's been a heavy sand pollution recently in Ahvaz. You have protest like this all the time in Iran. Its nothing new. Iran is not these ISIS/Saudi 'arabia' where people are beheaded for protesting.

here starts another round of iranis and gulfis using ladies to score points against each other... what a lady does is none of your business... think of how many people your governments killed.
your president killed a 1000 muslim so shut up and mind your own business

This guy thinks everyone is blinded like his own kind. The Shi'ites in Saudi Arabia are oppressed and constantly protest.

Saudi Arabia faces outcry over death sentence for Shia faith leader

Portrait-of-Nimr-in-Bahra-004.jpg

Saudi Arabia is facing an international outcry and accusations of promoting sectarian hatred after a Shia Muslim religious leader from the country’s volatile eastern province was sentenced to death.

Sheikh Nimr Baqir al-Nimr, who led protests in Qatif at the height of the Arab spring in 2011, was convicted on Wednesday of sedition and other charges in a case that has been followed closely by Shias in the kingdom and neighbouringBahrain.

Shia Muslims make up 10%-15% of the population of Sunni-ruled Saudi Arabia, which bills itself as playing a lead role in the fight against the jihadis of Islamic State (Isis) in Syria and Iraq. Riyadh has supported Sunni groups fighting to overthrow Bashar al-Assad but denies backing Isis.

State prosecutors had reportedly asked for Nimr to be crucified. The sentence is thought likely to be commuted on appeal.

Nimr was arrested in 2012 and ill-treated during his two-year detention, much of it spent in solitary confinement. He was denied surgery for bullet wounds suffered when he was arrested. He was charged with “disobeying the ruler”, “inciting sectarian strife”, and encouraging and leading demonstrations.

In Iran, Saudi Arabia’s chief regional rival and the political centre of the Shia world, the foreign ministry warned on Thursday that execution would have “dire consequences”. It called Nimr an ayatollah, giving him the second most senior clerical title in the Shia hierarchy. Iran, like Saudi Arabia, uses capital punishment.

In London the Foreign Office stated that it was aware of the sentencing, adding: “The UK opposes the death penalty as a matter of principle.”

The Saudi authorities have portrayed the cleric as an “instigator of discord and rioting”. But Nimr’s supporters and family have denied that he incited violence.

In a BBC interview, Nimr said he backed “the roar of the word against authorities rather than weapons”. The arrest of his brother and other relatives after sentencing has fuelled anger that is being ventilated on Twitter and other social media.

“Saudi Arabia’s harsh treatment of a prominent Shia cleric is only adding to existing sectarian discord and unrest,” said Joe Stork, deputy Middle East director at Human Rights Watch. “Saudi Arabia’s path to stability in the eastern province lies in ending systematic discrimination against Shia citizens, not in death sentences.”

Amnesty International described Nimr’s sentencing as part of a wider Saudi government crackdown on dissent.

Shia and Sunni groups said they were extremely alarmed by the sentence. “Ayatollah al-Nimr is a respected Muslim figure in Saudi Arabia,” 10 organisations said in statement. “He is a faith leader, reformist and human rights activist, who has campaigned for an end to discriminatory laws against the Shia minority. The sentencing will further inflame sectarian tensions and provide encouragement to extremist groups such as Isis to continue their persecution of religious minorities.”

Toby Matthiesen, a Cambridge expert on Saudi Arabia, said: “In the last two years Nimr has become known by Shia across the world. For many Salafis and Sunnis with anti-Shia leanings he has become a real hate figure. In the context of Isis, the Saudi royal family is trying to legitimise itself in the eyes of Sunnis by being tough. Nimr was a revolutionary who called for non-violent protests and the downfall of the Al Saud, but also for Assad to go. He wasn’t sectarian.”

Yusif al-Khoei, of the London-based Al-Khoei Foundation, said he was “appalled” by the news and with others was considering boycotting a Saudi-organised conference on inter-religious dialogue in Vienna.

• This article was amended on 17 October 2014 to correct the spelling of Toby Matthiesen’s surname and to clarify the quote from him at his request.

Saudi Arabia faces outcry over death sentence for Shia faith leader | World news | The Guardian
i didnt read this crap.. not intrested. but nice to know that rat is going to get executed

There is a combination of things. Economics and also the increasing problem with pollution. There's been a heavy sand pollution recently in Ahvaz. You have protest like this all the time in Iran. Its nothing new. Iran is not these ISIS/Saudi 'arabia' where people are beheaded for protesting.

So normal stuff

When we can't live at peace with ourselves how will we actually face Israel. I think the Arab world has learned that it cannot face Israel in a conflict again since the 6 day war and Yom Kippur war were actually failures. They also seem to understand how divided we are.

Note that both Shias and Sunnis can go to heaven... so why are we fighting amongst ourselves and showing our ugly kharijite faces and showing the world how divided we are. There are good things about each country. Saudi has grown its economy-Iran has an independent foreign policy. Lets work together instead of creating hatred for each other.

i didnt read this crap.. not intrested. but nice to know that rat is going to get executed

I know you did not read it. You're just an al saud propaganda instrument.
The shi'ites in saudi arabia will eventually be freed from your ISIS like mentally. Executing him will make him a martyr and bring more attention to the plights of the Shi'ites in your fake 'country' that's names after a family :lol:

Once Houthis have solidified their grip on Yemen. Next stage will be to arm the eastern part of your "country".
You are getting surrounded.. It must feel great.

@waz

I think this thread should be closed.
These protest have been deliberately taken out of context for these saudis propaganda purposes.
The very title of the thread shows the motive of this guy.

Iranian government is allowing people to express their concern peacefully. This tells me there is a democratic practice in place. This is a good thing. Government should listen to them and address their concern.

your president killed a 1000 muslim so shut up and mind your own business

if you mean narendra modi ( prime minister ), i call him a genocider and human rights violator... you saw my pdf flags and jumped to some careless conclusion... didn't you see the flag in my profile-picture??

but i hope my previous message was understood.

When we can't live at peace with ourselves how will we actually face Israel. I think the Arab world has learned that it cannot face Israel in a conflict again since the 6 day war and Yom Kippur war were actually failures. They also seem to understand how divided we are.

Note that both Shias and Sunnis can go to heaven... so why are we fighting amongst ourselves and showing our ugly kharijite faces and showing the world how divided we are. There are good things about each country. Saudi has grown its economy-Iran has an independent foreign policy. Lets work together instead of creating hatred for each other.
i respect what you say and thank you for caring.
but the problem with ppl who support your idea you didn't do the proper research. since 79 iran was destabilising the arab world. so please try to research and understand. starting from the early 80's until now.
what kind of mentality would send 52 kg of C4 explosive to makkah during hajj ? thats an example of thousands of incidents done by iran. we can't fight israel without eliminating iran.
iran america and israel are all working together in fighting islam. thats their common interest now. they will work out their differences after fighting islam. but they will all lose

absolutely... and some members use ladies to propagate the poisons... they say "oh, our girls don't go out so they are pure... your girls go out therefore they are defiled"... nonsense like this.

besides, with israel must be peace... please do read the "isratin" solution of muammar gaddafi.

Why are these people protesting
Its not a protest , its a demonstration for the govt. to allocate more money for bad wether conditions .

just a couple of days ago , when there was extreme bad weather conditions , the same ahvazi people poured into street to celebrate the 36th anniversary of islamic revolution .

resized_901661_768.jpg

resized_901662_980.jpg

resized_901664_534.jpg

resized_901666_448.jpg

resized_901668_757.jpg

resized_901684_303.jpg

resized_901685_378.jpg

resized_901686_342.jpg

so yeah .

these people are the same people who fought the saudi wahhabite army during iran-iraq war , these people are the same people who killed and threw out their retard fanatical soldiers out .

not knowing these and acting like a retard , the wahhabi saudi OP , thought that this was actually sth and got over excited about that :lol:

these are the rafida arabs remember ? :lol: these are the same arabs that you hate in iraq , syria and lebenon :lol:

well , the jokes on you :lol:

@Horus @WebMaster @Oscar

Iranian government is allowing people to express their concern peacefully. This tells me there is a democratic practice in place. This is a good thing. Government should listen to them and address their concern.
well , this is actually a demonstration for the bad weather conditions . that being said , the same people would have been beheaded in saudia .

as usual , being a double faced hypocrite that they are , they actually thought they have a chance in this thread :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom