What's new

Massive Blow To Seculars/Leftists - Digvijay, Azad Praise Modi's Response to J&K Floods

Because Secularism has now come to mean pandering to Muslim vote bank in India and a typical self-hating Hindus.

And rightly so in my opinion. The meaning of words changes with time and actions...the original Secularism - the Gandhian/Nehruvian Secularism is practiced no more by Congress and the Mandal era political parties. And consequently what Secularism has come to signify is different than it was decades back.

Well, we are not the only people who use the English language. English is used the world over, and fora like this on the internet are read by an international audience. It is a bit dangerous for us to use the "new Indian meaning" of the word, when it can be so easily misunderstood to mean that only communals can support Modi.

And it's not like the usage of the word has actually changed so widely in India either. The preamble of our constitution still uses the word, and I'm sure it is used in the good old meaning. Until such a linguistic shift actually occurs, we ought to be careful not to overuse the word in the new sense.

@arp2041

When you want to understand why people have concerns about BJP and possible problems under their government with that regard, you should take a look at this discussion, especially at minute 28 onwards:

Watch: 100 Days of Narendra Modi - Harbinger of Good Times?

where Dr Subramanian Swamy shows a shamefull attitude by saying that Indias foreign policy will not be decided by "muslims" in India and that he represent "80% of India", the hindus.
The ruling party of India should be able to seperate state and religion and represent all Indians, not "only" 80%!

You conveniently overlooked the part where Dr Subramanian Swamy says the National policy won't be hostage to any regional party or religious community but eagerly picked the part which was to your liking. Dr Swamy pointed out India voted against Israel in the UN but the professional secular kept on asking why Modi didn't said anything about Israel in the parliament.

Just like you find it's a shameful attitude when Swamy represents 80% I find it equally shameful that we have people who would undermine National interests for 13% of Indians.

You conveniently overlooked the part where Dr Subramanian Swamy says the National policy won't be hostage to any regional party or religious community but eagerly picked the part which was to your liking. Dr Swamy pointed out India voted against Israel in the UN but the professional secular kept on asking why Modi didn't said anything about Israel in the parliament.

Not really, because that was only a part of his desperate try to distract from what he said since everybody, including the moderator heared and raised the issue. He realised what he stated and tried to get back, but the fact remains, he raised the religious issue, not any of the other participants.
And my point was not about Modi, but that people in the public can or even must worry about such people in the BJP / government that openly state such things. I am not a Muslim but Christian, but according to him, no Christian, Sikh or Indian with another religion would be represented by him / his party and that is something that worries me, not even because I am Christian, but mainly because I think that the government in a democratic country must rule without any preferences for certain religions, no matter if that is the religion of the majority or not. Seperation of state and religion is crucial for a democracy!!!

Just like you find it's a shameful attitude when Swamy represents 80% I find it equally shameful that we have people who would undermine National interests for 13% of Indians.

See, you said Indians and that is the crucial part! Because he clearly showed that he diveded Indians in different religions and that is the shameful point! We all are Indians, no matter which religion we have, which state we come from and even if you live in India or abroad, so if you look at the national interest, you have to represent all of us!

Anything the NDA or Modi does for the country as a whole, must be respected from any Indians, just as Modi is the PM of all Indian now, no matter if you have voted for or against his party. But if they or he devides things in favour for religions, even NDA / Modi supporters must be aware of it.

Not really, because that was only a part of his desperate try to distract from what he said since everybody, including the moderator heared and raised the issue. He realised what he stated and tried to get back, but the fact remains, he raised the religious issue, not any of the other participants.
And my point was not about Modi, but that people in the public can or even must worry about such people in the BJP / government that openly state such things. I am not a Muslim but Christian, but according to him, no Christian, Sikh or Indian with another religion would be represented by him / his party and that is something that worries me, not even because I am Christian, but mainly because I think that the government in a democratic country must rule without any preferences for certain religions, no matter if that is the religion of the majority or not. Seperation of state and religion is crucial for a democracy!!!

See, you said Indians and that is the crucial part! Because he clearly showed that he diveded Indians in different religions and that is the shameful point! We all are Indians, no matter which religion we have, which state we come from and even if you live in India or abroad, so if you look at the national interest, you have to represent all of us!

Anything the NDA or Modi does for the country as a whole, must be respected from any Indians, just as Modi is the PM of all Indian now, no matter if you have voted for or against his party. But if they or he devides things in favour for religions, even NDA / Modi supporters must be aware of it.

Swami does get carried away at times and I do concede he was the one who brought in the Muslim angle first. He takes off on a different tangent at times. But BJP came in power after a decade in the center and some over zealous party members are over excited. They would need couple of more months to calm down and focus on more important issues like development and economy.

Do you have any genuine problem with the Rahtriya Swayamsevak Sangh or are you deliberately trying to portray yourself as a "Sickularlist" just to appease a particular section of the Indian population:azn:!!

Both... Hate RSS and trying to appease Muslims...

Secularists here imply fake secularists who also happen to be modi hater.
I understand that, but non-Indians especially might think we mean that normal secular people will not support Modi, which is not true. 'Pseudo-secular' is the right term for the occasion.

Digvijay ??? He must be seeking a position with BJP. Watch the news when he announces his return to radical Hinduism and pledges his alliance and membership of RSS. Sellout !

How could I miss the biggest SICKULAR on the PLANET???

You still in Zimbabwe? Good. Those who hate Modi should go to Zimbabwe & NEVER return.

How could I miss the biggest SICKULAR on the PLANET???

You still in Zimbabwe? Good. Those who hate Modi should go to Zimbabwe & NEVER return.

Yeah, yeah , yeah. Tell that to the GoI who employs me. We have no time for communal right wing destroyers. Nobody hates PM Modi. He is the PM of India and is respected for that office. It is the Nazi style Hindutvas who mistakenly believe that BJP was elected to sort out the non Hindus who earn our ire.

Bashing secularism has become a patriotism quotient now a days.

Because the secularism in India is fake. It has become to tool to push Hindus and nationalist. Which so called secular has ever raised a voice against the religious clenching of Hindus in Kashmir? If a terrorist is caught who was a master mind in many bomb blast, secular terms him a son of Bihar. They visit their Home. Some one gives statement that he was caught only because he was muslims. An encounter takes place in Delhi. A police officer dies in encounter and secular reaches the home of terrorist and says that encounter was fake. This is true color of seculars of India. All so called secular are fifth columnist.

I wonder where are the SECULARS/LEFTISTS are hiding now??

@levina @seiko @nair

:rolleyes:

Thank you for counting me on your secular list, and i will be happy to be one..... But at times it sounds like It is a crime to be a secular......

Well Now you want me to comment on what digvijay said on Modi, especially when he is praised him..... Well I never made my opinion based on any politician but my own analysis, and diggu should be the last to rely on....

Well I have always appreciated when ever something good has been done by Modi, and I always said you cannot make an opinion on modi or its government yet.....there will be always a over lap in the initial year, and it will take time to get the results from the new initiatives.....So How effective he is one will come to know in coming years, and i seriously hope he is effective....

Now response to the flood in Kashmir is commendable and his administration along with armed forces had done a great job in this crisis.....

Both... Hate RSS and trying to appease Muslims...
Well then it's good for you mate!!Btw i used to think that the surname Jha only belongs to the Dharmic faith,but guess what i was completely wrong about it:rolleyes:

Yeah, yeah , yeah. Tell that to the GoI who employs me. We have no time for communal right wing destroyers. Nobody hates PM Modi. He is the PM of India and is respected for that office. It is the Nazi style Hindutvas who mistakenly believe that BJP was elected to sort out the non Hindus who earn our ire.

Wait, did you not say that you were sent to zimbabwe as a Punishment ? :D ........ so clearly the GoI don't like you either. Have you informed the GoI that you love kasab and Dawood Ibrahim ?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom