What's new

Mass Graves of Sikhs killed in 1984 Sikh Genocide discovered after 26 years.

Also regarding Bangladesh. In 71 East Pakistan had more population than West part and also East had more contribution to Pakistan movement than the West Pakistan. So it was more like a civil war where one country divided into two parts.

Most of the population were not belligerents in that war. Most of the population were casualties of war..........So it was not a civil war even though it is treated as one. It was actually in intellectual terms an insurgency.

Autonomy on the basis of religion can't be given to any religious group in the country. However Punjab and Hariyana are among the most developed region in India. I know not what grievances they should have as opposed to someone from tribal regions of Jharkhand.

Like I said, they were brought into the mainstream.

Most of the population were not belligerents in that war. Most of the population were casualties of war..........So it was not a civil war even though it is treated as one. It was actually in intellectual terms an insurgency.

There was overwhelming support for Mukti Bahini except Jamat and Rajakars. Most of population may not have participated in the war, but the support was there as witnessed by the heroic welcome of IA and Mukti Bahini.

Your all talk and no stuffing, did you even bother to read what I had written before ranting ? Or did you flunk out of your english class ? I never said Khalistan movt was justified, neither did I say that you should give one-third of your country to them. I was talking about operation capacities of both the outfits, BLA and the Khalistan Movt. Don't know where you got the notion that I was talking of secession.

BTW, primitive and primate are two completely different words, look it up.

Thats all hat no cattle or all talk , no action - when lecturing me about english at least know your idioms and use them properly. I even tried to google yours , incase it was a regional one.. but nothing came up :D

Look- Your post, did not read what you are now stating was the intent. and if your intent was opertaional capability- pray tell me , what context was that in, to my post _ that you quoted?

anyways, let's drop it. I'm.

I know the difference between the two P's :D I used them seperately to make jest.

MUST WALK AWAY FROM THIS TOPIC**** :)

There was overwhelming support for Mukti Bahini except Jamat and Rajakars. Most of population may not have participated in the war, but the support was there as witnessed by the heroic welcome of IA and Mukti Bahini.

And the massacre of whole villages of Bengalis who had supported Pak Army. As you yourself said before, Victor writes the history...........Just last month I was watching this video from 71 of Bengalis loyal to Pakistan being kiilled by having blocks of concrete dropped on their heads.........gruesome stuff.......

And the massacre of whole villages of Bengalis who had supported Pak Army. As you yourself said before, Victor writes the history...........Just last month I was watching this video from 71 of Bengalis loyal to Pakistan being kiilled by having blocks of concrete dropped on their heads.........gruesome stuff.......

But what about the accounts from the USA ?They were your allies and even sent an Aircraft Carrier to help you. They paint a pretty bad picture

Beginning with the start of Operation Searchlight on 25 March 1971 and continuing throughout the Bangladesh Liberation War, there were widespread violations of human rights in East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) perpetrated by the Pakistan Army with support from local political and religious militias. Time reported a high U.S. official as saying

"It is the most incredible, calculated thing since the days of the Nazis in Poland."

World: Pakistan: The Ravaging of Golden Bengal -- Printout -- TIME

Thats all hat no cattle or all talk , no action - when lecturing me about english at least know your idioms and use them properly. I even tried to google yours , incase it was a regional one.. but nothing came up :D

There is something called improvising, sometimes that means pulling words out of nowhere and making a whole new idiom when you find it hard to put into words what you think about your opponent.

Look- Your post, did not read what you are now stating was the intent. and if your intent was opertaional capability- pray tell me , what context was that in, to my post _ that you quoted?

anyways, let's drop it. I'm.

I know the difference between the two P's :D I used them seperately to make jest.

MUST WALK AWAY FROM THIS TOPIC**** :)

I was referring to op capability, i apologize if I wasn't clear enough, like you weren't with your pun. So that makes two of us. As for walking away from the topic, take me with you, I don't even know how I wound up here. I just came to clarify that Taliban don't enjoy much local support and I was jumped !

Video is pretty bad proof, you shouldn't believe what they say.

There was atrocities mainly against Biharis who supported PA, it's hard to find a whole village of Bengalis that supported PA. Anyway the thread is not about Bangladesh, let's not get offtopic.

I think it was wrong political experiment which went rogue.

....And it was.

J.S.Bhindranwale was a creation of IG to keep a check on the Akalis and over time, he just became a little adventurous.

But what about the accounts from the USA ?They were your allies and even sent an Aircraft Carrier to help you. They paint a pretty bad picture

World: Pakistan: The Ravaging of Golden Bengal -- Printout -- TIME

Yup, I'v gone through all this material over a thousand times. Considering that journalist presence was negligible in East Pakistan at the Time and complete censorship had been imposed. Stories were hard to come by, so newspaper made them up to sell. Building on Niazi's informal statement that "We'll kill 3 million of them and then see if there's still a problem". The fact that figures of casualties range from 3000 to 3 million only supports this theory. However I am not saying that 71 was a completely clean affair. There were shameful crimes committed for which Pervez Musharraf has already apologized from the people of Bangladesh.

Yup, I'v gone through all this material over a thousand times. Considering that journalist presence was negligible in East Pakistan at the Time and complete censorship had been imposed. Stories were hard to come by, so newspaper made them up to sell. Building on Niazi's informal statement that "We'll kill 3 million of them and then see if there's still a problem". The fact that figures of casualties range from 3000 to 3 million only supports this theory. However I am not saying that 71 was a completely clean affair. There were shameful crimes committed for which Pervez Musharraf has already apologized from the people of Bangladesh.

When did 'regretting' and 'apologizing' become words with the same meaning ?

And in the words of Jana/or some Pakistani in this very thread- "It is not enough".

When did 'regretting' and 'apologizing' become words with the same meaning ?

And in the words of Jana/or some Pakistani in this very thread- "It is not enough".

As for regretting, every Pakistani does that. You will never find any Pakistani being harsh about the Bengalis for their rebellion because we know it was us who forced them into it.
As for not being enough, there isn't any more we can do but start over. If life had an undo button, we would press it, but since it doesn't..............we can't, even if we wanted to........

As for regretting, every Pakistani does that. You will never find any Pakistani being harsh about the Bengalis for their rebellion because we know it was us who forced them into it.
As for not being enough, there isn't any more we can do but start over. If life had an undo button, we would press it, but since it doesn't..............we can't, even if we wanted to........

Good to know we are on the same page and this is how we Indians feel exactly above the Anti-Sikh riots.

Guess this answers it all, the 'real' concerns of the Pakistanis for the Sikhs.

Was that the reason why so many held hands together when BD govt wanted an official apology from Pakistan govt?

Back
Top Bottom