What's new

Marines issue: Italy may recall ambassador to India

Monti was not my PM he was elected from nobody and interegnum technocrat. kicked our of office, Our marines ade prime duty for us and always in news with demonstrations of people here. PM Renzi said its his prime task to get our marines home and we do evrything to achieve this. Our relations are on the absolute bottom. We called our ambassador home and froze diplomatic relations. Your nation maybe does not care about its soldiers but we do.

Your "soldiers" are not worth caring for, if they go about shooting fishermen for no reason. If they don't know the basic principles of "judicious use of force", they are not soldiers, they are bungling and incompetent gunmen. Our soldiers do not shoot Italian fishermen in the Meditteranean sea. Those two marines are an embarrassment and a liability to your country.

BTW you did not freeze diplomatic relations. And if you did, guess what - we don't care. You really have no idea of the psyche of our nation. We were fully prepared to cut ties ourselves, if Italy did not send back the drunks. Our citizen's lives are precious to us, which maybe is a concept you cannot understand.

Anyway diplomats and foreign ministers do not think like or behave like emo-kids like you. There is a reason why the marines were sent back, and there is a reason why they will both undergo trial. It's called rule of law. It is more important to civilization than anything else. Italy knows that, India knows that, Europe knows that.

We have an agreement that they will be send home. An agreement is not just bla bla and give and take.
An "agreement" is just that - an agreement. Not law. Anyway, If Italy co-operates fully, I am sure that India will honour the agreement. But your marines will stay in jail. Whether at our expense or yours.

Your "soldiers" are not worth caring for, if they go about shooting fishermen for no reason. If they don't know the basic principles of "judicious use of force", they are not soldiers, they are bungling and incompetent gunmen. Our soldiers do not shoot Italian fishermen in the Meditteranean sea. Those two marines are an embarrassment and a liability to your country.

BTW you did not freeze diplomatic relations. And if you did, guess what - we don't care. You really have no idea of the psyche of our nation. We were fully prepared to cut ties ourselves, if Italy did not send back the drunks. Our citizen's lives are precious to us, which maybe is a concept you cannot understand.

Anyway diplomats and foreign ministers do not think like or behave like emo-kids like you. There is a reason why the marines were sent back, and there is a reason why they will both undergo trial. It's called rule of law. It is more important to civilization than anything else. Italy knows that, India knows that, Europe knows that.

An "agreement" is just that - an agreement. Not law. Anyway, If Italy co-operates fully, I am sure that India will honour the agreement. But your marines will stay in jail. Whether at our expense or yours.

They will be free once they set foot on italian soil. You will see that. They defended the tanker. and are homored here for that. As PM Renzi said, we will not send the one back who is already back home. And the other will follow home. Evrything else is diplomacy now.

It has not, since the EU fully follows italy in this issue.

Hopefully not as this will cause trouble to France'S and Germany's.. in a lot of things. Having bad relationship or creating diplomatic rift with Ind cannot afford at all Greece, Spain and Portugal have already showed their colour by thrashing their economy and becoming burden on Germany , France and England.

They will be free once they set foot on italian soil. You will see that. They defended the tanker. and are homored here for that. As PM Renzi said, we will not send the one back who is already back home. And the other will follow home. Evrything else is diplomacy now.
LOL. Defended the tanker from a fishing boat? Were they on shrooms?

Look, whom are you kidding? You know as well as we do, that they weren't defending anything, they were shooting unarmed fishermen. Heck, even they or their lawyers admit that. Your theories on the internet are not going to save them.

If the one who is presently in Italy is not sent back, I can assure you that the one who is here will remain here. I hear that Tihar jail is a nice place. He might even get a mattress to lie on, if he is lucky! You have no idea boy, you have no idea about the will of the Indian people, reflected through the Indian govt.

Let's see who's prediction comes true.

Our nation supporte our marines 100% and we do evrything to bring them home.

1365037918-protest-for-two-marines-held-captive-in-india-in-rome_1931206.jpg

rome_marine.jpg

1389654146-demonstration-for-the-release-of-the-italian-marines-detained-in-india_3669542.jpg

1390592710-rally-at-the-embassy-of-india-held-for-italian-marines-detained_3746890.jpg

Our nation supporte our marines 100% and we do evrything to bring them home.

1365037918-protest-for-two-marines-held-captive-in-india-in-rome_1931206.jpg

rome_marine.jpg

1389654146-demonstration-for-the-release-of-the-italian-marines-detained-in-india_3669542.jpg

1390592710-rally-at-the-embassy-of-india-held-for-italian-marines-detained_3746890.jpg

They can do as many colorful parades as they want. But that will not help them escape justice. The rule of law is not to be swayed by parades and dances.

BTW if they are found innocent, they will be let go. That's how justice works.

LOL. Defended the tanker from a fishing boat? Were they on shrooms?

Look, whom are you kidding? You know as well as we do, that they weren't defending anything, they were shooting unarmed fishermen. Heck, even they or their lawyers admit that. Your theories on the internet are not going to save them.

If the one who is presently in Italy is not sent back, I can assure you that the one who is here will remain here. I hear that Tihar jail is a nice place. He might even get a mattress to lie on, if he is lucky! You have no idea boy, you have no idea about the will of the Indian people, reflected through the Indian govt.

Let's see who's prediction comes true.

he is in our embassy and you have no way to get him out of there. You dont know italy. Its top thing in news here and evryone stands for them. Any PM who would allow our military staff to be in prison in a 3rd world country will be kicked out of office, just as Monti was. Then the populists take over. We wont betray our military staff. Nobody is left alone and behind.

he is in our embassy and you have no way to get him out of there. You dont know italy. Its top thing in news here and evryone stands for them. Any PM who would allow our military staff to be in prison in a 3rd world country will be kicked out of office, just as Monti was. Then the populists take over. We wont betray our military staff. Nobody is left alone and behind.

Where is the embassy located? New Delhi, I believe. Do you have any way to get him out of there? If anybody has a way of getting him out, who do you think does - us or you?

Your PMs being in office or kicked out is irrelevant. Your marines committed murder, and they are being tried in court for that. Your domestic politics is none of our concern.

Your country will send back the other marine and let both face trial, or if they are as stupid as you and refuse to send him back, then the one here will remain here. It's that simple.

It's unfortunate that the Modi Government is proving itself to be as spineless as the previous one, Both of these guards, killed unarmed innocent fishermen and they should have been jailed a long time ago....

where the hell is Swami and his bunch that made a huge hue and cry when this happened.

I hope the italians go scott free, doesn't matter congress or BJP, both are absolutely spineless....

They can do as many colorful parades as they want. But that will not help them escape justice. The rule of law is not to be swayed by parades and dances.

BTW if they are found innocent, they will be let go. That's how justice works.

Thats not about justice. Thats about diplomacy. Your own diplomats say this case is toxic.

italian - indian relations were always friendly. They are now on the floor. You know as well as i do that things will not improve if no solution is found where both sides can save face.

I understand thats difficult thing in india and must be solved calm...but it takes so long.

We offer compensation to families and if this case is solved so both nations can live with, that would be kuch better than now.

Thats not about justice. Thats about diplomacy. Your own diplomats say this case is toxic.

italian - indian relations were always friendly. They are now on the floor. You know as well as i do that things will not improve if no solution is found where both sides can save face.

I understand thats difficult thing in india and must be solved calm...but it takes so long.

We offer compensation to families and if this case is solved so both nations can live with, that would be kuch better than now.

This is not an Islamic country, that you can pay blood money and go scot free. A payment can only settle the civil dispute between the victims' families and the murderers. But the criminal case is between the Union of India and the murderers. You cannot buy your way out of that.

As I said before, we were fully prepared to break all ties with Italy earlier. So that is really not an issue you can threaten us with. It is your choice whether to let your murderers face justice, or break friendly relations for the sake of those incompetents.

Anyway there is no point endlessly saying 'will, won't, will, won't'. Time will tell.

Where is the embassy located? New Delhi, I believe. Do you have any way to get him out of there? If anybody has a way of getting him out, who do you think does - us or you?

Your PMs being in office or kicked out is irrelevant. Your marines committed murder, and they are being tried in court for that. Your domestic politics is none of our concern.

Your country will send back the other marine and let both face trial, or if they are as stupid as you and refuse to send him back, then the one here will remain here. It's that simple.

yes, we actually have a way to get him out, but that would be an unfriendly act. Vatican would declare him a nuntius of the holy see and he would be called home from the pope and have diplomatic immunity. Vatican already is heavily into that case, made the deals with the victim families and both marines attended meetings and dinner at vatican embassy. Italy has the unique feature to basicly have two embassy...since vatican always works hand in hand on the short way with our "worldly" government. But i sure hope we must not go into wuch dirty tricks.

Wrong about that.... If Italy is ready to break it's diplomatic ties with India for these 2 retards, relations with Italy isn't even worth pursuing.... You can even take Sonia Gandhi back...

It's unfortunate that the Modi Government is proving itself to be as spineless as the previous one, Both of these guards, killed unarmed innocent fishermen and they should have been jailed a long time ago....

where the hell is Swami and his bunch that made a huge hue and cry when this happened.

I hope the italians go scott free, doesn't matter congress or BJP, both are absolutely spineless....
What can govt do once court (SC I believe) gives bail?

It barely makes news coverage in India lol.

Back
Top Bottom