What's new

Marines issue: Italy may recall ambassador to India

EU needs all the trading partners it can get to keep this position.

EU stops doing business with India, then this opens the door for US, Russia, China and Japan to enrich themselves while the EU loses out.

Just think of one product:

Aeroplanes - EU will lose out on hundreds of billions of Euros on sales to India over the next 20 years if it applies severe sanctions on India. The US and maybe China in 10-15 years down the line benefit instead.

It is not in EU interest to not trade with India.

You did not get my point. It was a general point. How do you plan endless growth on a limited planet?

You did not get my point. It was a general point. How do you plan endless growth on a limited planet?

Technological advancement dude.

We have a long way to go before GDP growth comes to an end with the resources on this planet.

When this planet cannot sustain anymore economic growth, then the solar system would be the next resource pool to propel growth.

We have a long way to go before GDP growth comes to an end with the resources on this planet.

When this planet cannot sustain anymore economic growth, then the solar system would be the next resource pool to propel growth.

I would think we should concentrate on opening the solar system long before this planet here can´t sustain any more growth.

US is poised to eco me the worlds largest oil producer in 5-10 years. It's because of technical breakthrough and height oil price. The natural resources is unlimited. We are only hinder by our ability to extract them because of fear and lack of imagination.

the indians will probably release them

That is a sure thing.

Granted, EU has a lot of inter-country issues, but let me assure you when it comes to diplomatic stand-off, they are gonna stand by Italy.

You can not simply break Geneva convention, just try it and you lose all the moral ground that you otherwise had gained when USA detained your lower level diplomat.

Moral side apart, by breaking Geneva convention, you are gonna set a precedence.

Not good, :nono:

that is why they'll be released.....not now, but probably once the EU applies political pressure

india isnt USA or China that it can stand against a bloc like that

US is poised to eco me the worlds largest oil producer in 5-10 years. It's because of technical breakthrough and height oil price. The natural resources is unlimited. We are only hinder by our ability to extract them because of fear and lack of imagination.

political considerations and also environmental.....fracking has a lot of externalities though in net terms there are benefits

i think an energy self-sufficient america is in the interests of the whole world....

Our soldier is not in prison, He works in our embassy, attends night clubs and party. Your government dropped charges on our pressure and already lost billions of € in revenues because free trade between EU and India. EU is indias biggest trading partner. And now face reality. Your economy is slowing down, you are ruled from a moron who believes ancient indians travelled space and had genetic engineering. Your so called space program is nothing but hot air, since your mars craft was build from spareparts delivered to you from ESA. Your countrey loses economic motion and international renomee. I know that many members hee in this forum have zero clue about military at all. Most are just internet warriors and video gamers, but let me explain you something:

This case does affect italian security and international security. If italy would allow this bullshit, then we can close our entire military down. No soldier would serve a nation that does not protect him. A soldier must trust his nation, that No one is left behind. The EU, USA and NATO can end mission Atalata that fight against pirates from Somalia. because it would lose any basement. Infact it was USA who told india to drop this shit because it woukd endanger the international efforts to fight terrorism. What we see here is a butthurt india who want look strong but acts like an absolute weakling because it fears the consequences. If india would be strong it would have pulled through its "terrorist law". But your coward leaders realized that they would label italy a terrorist country then and did fear the consequences. And no, our soldiers are not murderers. It was an accident.

We already got one soldier home. Our government already said we will not send him back, since we dont trust the indian healthcare system. Our ambassador will also leave india and so will the 2nd marine. You had 3 years time to solve this behind closed doors and save your face. Your own diplomats told Our government that this case must be dropped, since it hurts indias own interests, for populistic reasons they did not hear. Your own military said this will hurt indian military interests in war against terrorism and pirates.

Now let us look at the results:

- you ruined your friendship with a country that was always pro india since one hundred years
- you brought entire EU (your largest trading partner) against you and let fail free trade talks that cost your economy hundreds of billions of €
- you endanger international efforts in war against piracy and terrorism

good luck with your minority complex. India is a country that often enough was target of terrorism. Two idiots driving fast towards a filled oil tanker, reacting to no warnings will always cause the same result. Our soldiers feard a USS Cole like attack. Get over it and face reality.

Yes i support our soldiers, as entire italy does. They did the right thing and evryone would do the same in this situation. No matter if you like it or not, your soldiers would have done the same.

okay that first paragraph had me cracking up....sorry if i offend anyone but that was classic

they could probably do a prisoner swap....the marine for indians in italian prisons

p.s. india wasnt around 100 years ago, became a country in '47

that is why they'll be released.....not now, but probably once the EU applies political pressure

india isnt USA or China that it can stand against a bloc like that

political considerations and also environmental.....fracking has a lot of externalities though in net terms there are benefits

i think an energy self-sufficient america is in the interests of the whole world....

okay that first paragraph had me cracking up....sorry if i offend anyone but that was classic

they could probably do a prisoner swap....the marine for indians in italian prisons

Prison swap like the Cold War between US and USSR.

I would prefer if all this can be solved in a way that india and italy can live with it. There are hardliners here too who say italy should use entire power of EU or simply make him a diplomatic officer with immunity and bring him home like that. But i disagree. We would solve one problem and would create thousand others. We dont know if we need india in near future for other common interests and they could remember that then. So a good solution should be found both can live with. India should finally settle the case, judge them and then place him in a plane heading to roma or milano and italy agrees to keep it low profile.

Prison swap like the Cold War between US and USSR.

something along those lines - though india and italy arent enemies in that sense....though this case has the potential to cause serious problems

its messed up that the indian fish catchers were killed but they should also be trained to cease and desist when armed patrol boats are yelling at them to stop and not move. Because of skin complexion they may have been mistaken as Somali pirates - but still, shooting at them was wrong UNLESS they had objects in their hand which could be mistaken for small arms

She is much better than any woman you can get. Your attitude toward her is the typical Indian sour grape mentality

My girl friends have always been better than that loser. Make way for real men, the sort that don't put up pictures of plus size models that looked like their exs. What a loser!!! hahahahahah!!!! Loser!!!!

something along those lines - though india and italy arent enemies in that sense....though this case has the potential to cause serious problems

its messed up that the indian fish catchers were killed but they should also be trained to cease and desist when armed patrol boats are yelling at them to stop and not move. Because of skin complexion they may have been mistaken as Somali pirates - but still, shooting at them was wrong UNLESS they had objects in their hand which could be mistaken for small arms

thats not clear yet. The problem was that this ship was a full loaded oil tanker. Al Qaida claimed that oil tankers should be a target. This small boat came closer and closer. Imagine that it would have had explosives on board and rammed the tanker. This would end in a gigantic desaster.

but our marines made mistakes too. They made only verbal warnings. No shots into water and air. ad thn simply shot. that was a big mistake.

Many experts here think that those fishermen might had their nets there and rushed to the scene because themoil tanker was approaching their nets and would destroy them. Because of that they did hurry and approached the tanker.

Should have been tried and sentenced by now. They killed our people. Could be a case of mistaken identity... a reduced sentence consonant with cases of minsunderstanding, and a hefty fine, should do the trick...

My girl friends have always been better than that loser. Make way for real men, the sort that don't put up pictures of plus size models that looked like their exs. What a loser!!! hahahahahah!!!! Loser!!!!

It's ok to admit that your gf only exist in your imagination. No real woman would want you. They are not into girly man like you.

Also don't respond to me as I won't be able to see it.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom