What's new

Marines issue: Italy may recall ambassador to India

I would prefer if all this can be solved in a way that india and italy can live with it. There are hardliners here too who say italy should use entire power of EU or simply make him a diplomatic officer with immunity and bring him home like that. But i disagree. We would solve one problem and would create thousand others. We dont know if we need india in near future for other common interests and they could remember that then. So a good solution should be found both can live with. India should finally settle the case, judge them and then place him in a plane heading to roma or milano and italy agrees to keep it low profile.

Why is the fate of two criminals such a big issue in Italy in the first place ?

I don't see Italy making a huge fuss over its other citizens who have committed involuntary manslaughter in other countries ?
Is it simply a case of under estimating India's resolve to punish murderers of its citizens before this whole thing blew out of proportion ?

India, for its part, would have let those two walk free quietly after all the diplomatic capital your govt spent, had your govt. not reneged on its promise to return them after xmas, a fact that brought the whole affair into national attention.

Now we have reached an impasse where both sides are finding it difficult to reach a solution that they can claim as some sort of victory.

Last edited:
I would prefer if all this can be solved in a way that india and italy can live with it. There are hardliners here too who say italy should use entire power of EU or simply make him a diplomatic officer with immunity and bring him home like that. But i disagree. We would solve one problem and would create thousand others. We dont know if we need india in near future for other common interests and they could remember that then. So a good solution should be found both can live with. India should finally settle the case, judge them and then place him in a plane heading to roma or milano and italy agrees to keep it low profile.

This is how India brought home consulate workers that broke US law. By making her a diplomat. India should taste some of its own unscrupulous poisons.

It's ok to admit that your gf only exist in your imagination. No real woman would want you. They are not into girly man like you.

Also don't respond to me as I won't be able to see it.

Goddamn pansy- 'Also don't respond to me as I won't be able to see it.'. That's what I call girly, not being man enough to take what's coming. Running scared loser!

Why is the fate of two criminals such a big issue in Italy in the first place ?

I don't see Italy making a huge fuss over its other citizens who have committed involuntary manslaughter in other countries ?
Is it simply a case of under estimating India's resolve to punish murderers of its citizens before this whole thing blew out of proportion ?

India, for its part, would have let those two walk free quietly after all the diplomatic capital your govt spent, had your govt. not reneged on its promise to return them after xmas, a fact that brought the whole affair into national attention.

Now we have reached an impasse where both sides are finding it difficult to reach a solution that they claim as some sort of victory.

both are military staff. they serve italy. in western military we have the doctrine that no one is left behind. loyality works both ways.

both are military staff. they serve italy. in western military we have the doctrine that no one is left behind. loyality works both ways.

Pls stop talking BS.
That is not how it works
.All militarizes including your own punish criminal activities of their soldiers themselves.

It is simply the incompetency of your previous govt. who thought they could roll over India like they do to poor east african countries, that created this diplomatic issue that benefits nobody.

Pls stop talking BS.
That is not how it works
.All militarizes including your own punish criminal activities of their soldiers themselves.

It is simply the incompetency of your previous govt. who thought they could roll over India like they do to poor east african countries, that created this diplomatic issue that benefits nobody.

yes, we punish ourself. We dont let our soldiers be judged in foreign nations. I only agree that our technocratic government was incompetent...

yes, we punish ourself. We dont let our soldiers be judged in foreign nations. I only agree that our technocratic government was incompetent...

Ok, I think I can see your viewpoint.
Just to be clear, Italy would have had no problem if the accused were civilians, am I right ?

Ok, I think I can see your viewpoint.
Just to be clear, Italy would have had no problem if the accused were civilians, am I right ?

We would have same problem then, maybe not with the nationalistic around it. Italy does great efforts for its citizens, as do all EU nations. no italian deserves to be in an indian jail.

We would have same problem then, maybe not with the nationalistic around it. Italy does great efforts for its citizens, as do all EU nations. no italian deserves to be in an indian jail.

Ok I can see that too.

So what, in your opinion is a win-win solution to this issue ?
Considering it has become about national prestige in both countries.

I think that punishing those two marines wont bring our guys back.
I am happy Indian govt. is pragmatic about this issue. We gain nothing by holding them now.

I think Indian govt. will let this whole thing die slowly and send them back on some flimsy grounds in the future.
And Italian govt. will compensate India in other ways.

I am also sure no other country will underestimate India and risk creating a diplomatic incident in the future.

Ok I can see that too.

So what, in your opinion is a win-win solution to this issue ?
Considering it has become about national prestige in both countries.

I think that punishing those two marines wont bring our guys back.
I am happy Indian govt. is pragmatic about this issue. We gain nothing by holding them now.

I think Indian govt. will let this whole thing die slowly and send them back on some flimsy grounds in the future.
And Italian govt. will compensate India in other ways.

I am also sure no other country will underestimate India and risk creating a diplomatic incident in the future.

as you said. keep it low profile and thats it.

Nothing of that sort would happen beleive me! EU is a joke. NATO is a joke.

Our beloved leader pretends to be hard when in reality hes soft. So even a weak country like Italy will bully India.

China wouldn't have acted like a pussy if those mariens had killed its citizens.
00219b6755ad0bb267d558.jpg

You coward rectify would to wouldn't, how dare you? I wouldn't even borther what you said, but you are flinch.

Folks please be civil.

I have just seen discussions regarding crapping on the streets, penis size o_O, how handsome someone is, superpowers and so forth.

Happy new year.

LMAO. When you put it that way, it sounds funny as hell. Like we're a bunch of out of control kids and you're the long-suffering bus driver. :rofl:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom