What's new

Marines issue: Italy may recall ambassador to India

We would have same problem then, maybe not with the nationalistic around it. Italy does great efforts for its citizens, as do all EU nations. no italian deserves to be in an indian jail.
Italians shall let go free even they killed innocent Indians, that's called civilization?

although i don't like some Indians that much, but i think Italy shall at least address this issue seriously. Don't bully Asiana, get the fck back to where you come from.

Ok, I think I can see your viewpoint.
Just to be clear, Italy would have had no problem if the accused were civilians, am I right ?
If my IQ serves me right, a marine is Italy civillian as well? Have some guts to glory Asians' face.

Pls stop talking BS.
That is not how it works
.All militarizes including your own punish criminal activities of their soldiers themselves.

It is simply the incompetency of your previous govt. who thought they could roll over India like they do to poor east african countries, that created this diplomatic issue that benefits nobody.
That's my Asian boy.

Italians shall let go free even they killed innocent Indians, that's called civilization?

although i don't like some Indians that much, but i think Italy shall at least address this issue seriously. Don't bully Asiana, get the fck back to where you come from.

If my IQ serves me right, a marine is Italy civillian as well? Have some guts to glory Asians' face.

That's my Asian boy.

I'm not saying unpunished. I'm saying punished in italy. Face reality, they made a mistake and thats it. The fisherman also have responsibility for this.

Lets assume our government wouldn't care: imprisonment in a indian prison would simply be cruel for a italian. Nobody there speaks italian, no acess to family and friends, standards far below anything we would find acceptable in italy. That is simply inhumane.

I'm not saying unpunished. I'm saying punished in italy. Face reality, they made a mistake and thats it. The fisherman also have responsibility for this.

Lets assume our government wouldn't care: imprisonment in a indian prison would simply be cruel for a italian. Nobody there speaks italian, no acess to family and friends, standards far below anything we would find acceptable in italy. That is simply inhumane.
dude, India now is not the British India 60 years ago, they are totally independent now. they are no pushover.

@MarkusS
I thought you knew something about the issue. If you accept that they are guilty for accidental killing, then it's next to impossible for the marines getting imprisoned in "Indian jails" due to the Bilateral agreement between Italy and India on the transfer of sentenced prisoners.
Under the terms of the bilateral "Transfer of Sentenced Persons" agreement, the Italian soldiers will qualify to serve their sentence in their country if Italy accepts the verdict which is most likely to be very light (may be 2- 5 years) since this incident is likely to be charged under Accidental killing ... If Italy is able to prove that they are not guilty they might not get any sort of sentence.

@MarkusS
I thought you knew something about the issue. If you accept that they are guilty for accidental killing, then it's next to impossible for the marines getting imprisoned in "Indian jails" due to the Bilateral agreement between Italy and India on the transfer of sentenced prisoners.
Under the terms of the bilateral "Transfer of Sentenced Persons" agreement, the Italian soldiers will qualify to serve their sentence in their country if Italy accepts the verdict which is most likely to be very light (may be 2- 5 years) since this incident is likely to be charged under Accidental killing ... If Italy is able to prove that they are not guilty they might not get any sort of sentence.

How should italy prove that they are not guilty? In italy the court must prove that someone is guilty, not other way around

How should italy prove that they are not guilty? In italy the court must prove that someone is guilty, not other way around
I meant lawyers hired by Italy for this particular case.

I meant lawyers hired by Italy for this particular case.

we would. unfortunately the court still found not enough evidence to even start the case. Thats why italy is ragong. 3 years and nothing yet.

Those "fisher man" did go with high speed towards an oil tanker and did react to no warning. A similar tactic was done from terrorists at the USS Cole incident. Our soldiers were right to stop their approach towards the tanker. If they would have a bomb on their boat they could cause a disaster. Beside that, this case is closed. Its not even worth debating about this, since italy does not accept this court and does not respect it. Italy did never any bad to india, infact italy was a close friend of the indian nation. If you are too stupid to understand what damage you create, than this is your problem, not ours. You want that italy dissolves its army and military, you want destroy the band of loyality between a nation and its soldiers. You know very well, that italy can not and will not accept one of its soldiers just one day in an indian prison. There is a red line and you know it.

And italy is a state of EU. Both soldiers are EU citizens and EU soldiers. You can try to escalate it further or finally find a way to solve this peacefully so italy and india can live with it and forget about it.

You cant compare USS Cole Incident with the killing of these Indian fishermen inside Indian waters. Already we have saw how the Indian Coast Guard have handle with that boat full of explosives from Indian coast which was around 197 nautical miles in Indian maritime zone. India is a responsible country and here its more Indian maritime zone which cant be overlooked in here.

Why we cant understand here and let the Supreme Court decide the issue.

You cant compare USS Cole Incident with the killing of these Indian fishermen inside Indian waters. Already we have saw how the Indian Coast Guard have handle with that boat full of explosives from Indian coast which was around 197 nautical miles in Indian maritime zone. India is a responsible country and here its more Indian maritime zone which cant be overlooked in here.

Why we cant understand here and let the Supreme Court decide the issue.

How many times does
Markus need to tell you that Italy, and any none Indians frankly, do not recognize the Indian Supreme Court. They have no authority to decide the fate of the Italian marines.

Didn't Italy recently captured some Indians off their coast? This is gonna get ugly.

Didn't Italy recently captured some Indians off their coast? This is gonna get ugly.

Yes, there would be prisoner swap. Actually, Italy should arrest the whole embassy staff for paying their domestic servants below minimum wage.

Yes, there would be prisoner swap. Actually, Italy should arrest the whole embassy staff for paying their domestic servants below minimum wage.

The reason Italy hasn't done this so far, is because of Indian diplomatic influence!!
If Italy want to break even, they should organize a trip to GHQ Pakistan, and Indians will shutup automatically.
This world need to learn from Putin, when it comes to dealing with Indians.

I would prefer if all this can be solved in a way that india and italy can live with it. There are hardliners here too who say italy should use entire power of EU or simply make him a diplomatic officer with immunity and bring him home like that. But i disagree. We would solve one problem and would create thousand others. We dont know if we need india in near future for other common interests and they could remember that then. So a good solution should be found both can live with. India should finally settle the case, judge them and then place him in a plane heading to roma or milano and italy agrees to keep it low profile.

First you cant just make a person a diplomat. To get diplomatic immunity, you have to present your credentials to the indian foreign office and then if they accept it you get the diplomatic status, which i have a feeling they wont give.

How can this ever be low profile? If the marine is returned to italy then then india will would have surrendered, and modi will pay a heavy political price or the marine will be sent to jail and the indo-italian relation will pay the price.

Keeping it low profile is impossible....

Back
Top Bottom