What's new

Maria Selena; The Indonesia's Face in Miss Universe 2012

There are a lot of Indonesians of Chinese descent.

But their primary identity is Indonesian, that is their country now.

You are very right sir, I can say almost 1/3 of Indonesian people have chinese blood both pure and mixed, Chinese Indonesians are mostly assimilated, and most of them very nationalist, some are more than those who call themselves "indigenous".

You are very right sir, I can say almost 1/3 of Indonesian people have chinese blood both pure and mixed, Chinese Indonesians are mostly assimilated, and most of them very nationalist, some are more than those who call themselves "indigenous".

That's right, they even transliterated their Chinese surnames into Indonesian ones.

I have met a lot of Chinese Indonesians, and they always tell me that they are "Indonesian".

Not Chinese Indonesian, just "Indonesian".

maria-selena-10.jpg

Have anyone noticed? :D

I did. :D

That's right, they even transliterated their Chinese surnames into Indonesian ones.

I have met a lot of Chinese Indonesians, and they always tell me that they are "Indonesian".

Not Chinese Indonesian, just "Indonesian".

That's right, even those who live in Java often speaks with Javanese accents. I am very relieved that now Indonesia is no longer differentiate people based on ethnicity.

If she was born on 24 september 1990 then she is 22 not 21.

Yep I just thought of that, the source is somewhat outdated.

Have anyone noticed? :D

I did. :D

You have a pair sharp eyes, especially for that kind of thing hahaha :lol:

I can't help thinking she is an Indonesian Chinese. No offence, but she doesn't look like native Indonesians, more like Chinese. And I know certain part of Indonesian population are Chinese. Further, native Indonesians are Muslims and not likely in that dress.
8737898_zpsabfd909a.jpg

Most of Indonesian Chinese are Roman Catholic/Christian, and few of them are Buddhist or Konghucu. So its okay for them to wear sexy dress, besides Indonesia is NOT a muslim country, we don't use syariah law like Malaysia or Pakistan does. You don't have to wearing hijab when on the beach

So, don't be surprise if you see someone wavin Indonesia's flag and supporting China's rising like Antonius123 (the one who debating gambit in J-20 thread).

8737898_zpsabfd909a.jpg

Most of Indonesian Chinese are Roman Catholic/Christian, and few of them are Buddhist or Konghucu. So its okay for them to wear sexy dress, besides Indonesia is NOT a muslim country, we don't use syariah law like Malaysia or Pakistan does. You don't have to wearing hijab when on the beach

So, don't be surprise if you see someone wavin Indonesia's flag and supporting China's rising like Antonius123 (the one who debating gambit in J-20 thread).

Those 7 millions are the ones who are most likely still carrying their chinese identity, and the ones who aren't are more than 20 millions I can say.

Back
Top Bottom